Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Colts ~ The Battle of the Backups!

zCommander

I was telling my boss that this has the makings of a trap game.

Need to win game? Check

A lot of key injuries? Check

Team riding high? Check

Terry inviting his entire family? Check

Colts to honor a team legend? Check

Rookie QB who has never started? Check

TH tends to have some luck breaking those patterns, but you all feel it too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

All these injuries making me more nervous about this game.  The D-line is still the biggest X-factor on the team though and besides CY being out, they are pretty healthy and should be looking to go into beast mode from the first snap.  Lean on that run game, time of possession and smart passing.

Commanders 24

Colts 13

Man, this would have been an awesome story if it happened!

Battle of Owners:  Irsay vs. Snyder (check)

Battle of Traded QBs now injured/bench:  Matt Ryan vs. Carson Wentz (check)

Battle of the backup QBs: Sam Ehlinger vs Taylor Hieneke (check)

Battle of the Sams:  Sam Ehlinger vs Sam Howell! (we might see this if Taylor struggles)

if Washington loses this game, their playoff hopes are done!  i expect them to trade AG, Payne, and/or Jackson on Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, ultravin said:

Battle of the Sams:  Sam Ehlinger vs Sam Howell! (we might see this if Taylor struggles)

if Washington loses this game, their playoff hopes are done!  i expect them to trade AG, Payne, and/or Jackson on Tuesday.

Gotta trade Payne and see if we can gain at least a third round pick.  Trade anyone of value that isn’t a centerpiece or on a massive contract.

2 hours ago, ultravin said:

Playoffs chances wouldn't even be close to done if we lose this game. We're currently 0.5 games back of a wildcard spot. At worse, we'd be 1.5 games back with 9 games remaining ( if we lose and the Rams win ) That being said, I really really hope we win and get to .500 and improve our chances significantly.

Edited by AlwaysBeRedskins2Me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Playoffs chances wouldn't even be close to done if we lose this game. We're currently 0.5 games back of a wildcard spot. At worse, we'd be 1.5 games back with 9 games remaining ( if we lose and the Rams win ) That being said, I really really hope we win and get to .500 and improve our chances significantly.

Maybe I’m missing something, but aren’t the Giants/Cowboys the wildcard teams as of now?

To your point though, I think it would take losing the next two to count us out (even if we’re not technically out of the running), because you have to assume we’d lose to the Eagles at that point.  

Win this game and lose the next two, we’re still in it, but the margins are looking slim and we’d have lost to all the decent-good teams we’ve played.  

Lose this one, but win one of the next two - the margin’s still slim, but at least we’d have beaten one of the better teams (and so have a touch more hope).

With all of that said, the season’s basically over in my eyes.  Winning the next 2 could change my mind… or at least give me a sliver of hope.

For me personally, I’d be pretty ecstatic if we can pull off winning 2 of the next 3, because I’m taking the family to their first ever game vs the Texans.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Maybe I’m missing something, but aren’t the Giants/Cowboys the wildcard teams as of now?

To your point though, I think it would take losing the next two to count us out (even if we’re not technically out of the running), because you have to assume we’d lose to the Eagles at that point.  

Win this game and lose the next two, we’re still in it, but the margins are looking slim and we’d have lost to all the decent-good teams we’ve played.  

Lose this one, but win one of the next two - the margin’s still slim, but at least we’d have beaten one of the better teams (and so have a touch more hope).

With all of that said, the season’s basically over in my eyes.  Winning the next 2 could change my mind… or at least give me a sliver of hope.

For me personally, I’d be pretty ecstatic if we can pull off winning 2 of the next 3, because I’m taking the family to their first ever game vs the Texans.

Yes, the Giants and Cowboys are currently the 5th and 6th seeds but there are 3 wildcard spots in each conference. The Rams are currently the 7th seed. With us just a half game behind them. I agree that we really need to win this game though. 

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Yes, the Giants and Cowboys are currently the 5th and 6th seeds but there are 3 wildcard spots in each conference. The Rams are currently the 7th seed. With us just a half game behind them. I agree that we really need to win this game though. 

Ah, gotcha… totally missed the format change for the playoffs.  Man, I’m so out of touch, lol.

• Like 1

It's way too early to be thinking of that last wild card spot only because I expect some of the teams with similar records to rattle off a some consecutive wins at some point.  A good number of those teams are under-performing at the moment where as the Commanders are playing about as they were predicted to.

2 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It's way too early to be thinking of that last wild card spot only because I expect some of the teams with similar records to rattle off a some consecutive wins at some point.  A good number of those teams are under-performing at the moment where as the Commanders are playing about as they were predicted to.

I was just explaining that a loss tomorrow doesn't end our chances at all.

1 hour ago, Idaho fan said:

same here.   Have seen twice as many Skins fans as colt fans for what that’s worth.  Headed to the rally in a bit.  

FFECF487-0C69-4634-AFAD-EAD07A9CC707.thumb.jpeg.4af00b928cc36a32d02cbe69b0ca1a9b.jpeg

Ran into Wentz at the Marriott a few minutes ago, sitting on the couch, wished him luck.   Been a long time since I've been in this City, downtown feels dead compared to the typical city, reminds me of downtown DC on the weekends

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Been a LOOOONG time since I have been here. I have made a few rando posts here and there over the years, but before that.... Like a decade. I'm thinking the D can keep us in the game. TH improves. Offense and defense continue to gel. 27-23, Redskins (I'll never call them Commanders, sorry not sorry).

• Like 2

Ate at St. Elmos, food lives up to its hype.  Chase Young was eating at a table with three others but I blew by him too fast to notice with whom and I went to another section of the restaurant so I didn't notice who he was with.  Ron Rivera and his wife was 2 tables over from me.  Pretty cool, I've been to my share of road games but never been at a restaurant at the same time as anybody noteworthy.  From what I can spot, Rivera is a steak and red wine guy, and constantly checks his phone during his meal -- something my wife doesn't let me get away with😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ate at St. Elmos, food lives up to its hype.  Chase Young was eating at a table with three others but I blew by him too fast to notice with whom and I went to another section of the restaurant so I didn't notice who he was with.  Ron Rivera and his wife was 2 tables over from me.  Pretty cool, I've been to my share of road games but never been at a restaurant at the same time as anybody noteworthy.  From what I can spot, Rivera is a steak and red wine guy, and constantly checks his phone during his meal -- something my wife doesn't let me get away with😀

Edited 1 minute ago by Skinsinparadise

Whoa, man got deets on habits. Watching him like a hawk. Did you turn your chair to face in his direction? Does he butter his bread? Was he a lefty, righty or free willy at the urinal?

Ron Riveria trying to enjoy enjoy a meal

SIP:

Am I staring too loud? - Lolcats - lol | cat memes | funny cats | funny cat  pictures with words on them | funny pictures | lol cat memes | lol cats

• Haha 5