Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - The Commanders @ The Colts ~ The Battle of the Backups!

zCommander

16 hours ago, bowhunter said:

I'm seeing a lot of FG attempts and less TDs. Both teams bending but not breaking. 

Skins: 23 (2 TD, 3 FG, 1 missed FG)

Baltimore: 16 (1 TD, 3 FG)

I had the same thought

Commanders 74 (20 FGs, 2 TDs)

Colts 3 (1 FG)

• Haha 7

22 seems like the right amount of points for this offense.  Taylor has a TD drive when Indy is up 21-16.  2-pt conversion fails 

Indy's young, mobile QB will be a problem for defense (three TD's) and drives Indy to tack on a FG for a 24 total at the end of game.

Enjoyable, but a loss.  Hivers and Whiners have new ammo for next week. ;)

:229:The Rook

Redskins gonna do what the Redskins always do under Snyder:  piss the season away and then win a few ugly games against the few teams that are even worse than they are.  They'll puff their chests, declare all the haters wrong, talk like they've actually accomplished something of merit.  (Which makes me want to throw up) Then, when they play the next legit team again, they'll fold like a cheap tent.

Skins will win this one only because the Colts are imploding.  But nothing has changed in regard to the quality of this team that Ron's assembled.  

Skins 27

Colts  17

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 1

I think we win this one 24-17 with a D surging and only allowing 10 pts (one on a break down in the secondary allowing a deep pass).  The O will give up a pick 6, but run to day light more often than not and letting scary Terry do what needs to be done to control the game.

Head: Colts 23, Commanders 20

Home field advantage wins out as the Colts players rally around their new guy at QB and Washington continues its history of making rookie QBs look like seasoned vets if for that one week.

Gut: Commanders 17, Colts 10

Ugly, low-scoring, run-dominated, defensive battle where a win may feel a bit like a loss due to the optics. Both QBs struggle and drag down their offenses on 3rd down especially. McLaurin will score a TD somehow because I have him on my bench in FF. If I start him, however, the WR that scores will wind up being someone like Samuel.

Liver: Commanders 27, Colts 26

Higher scoring than most expect because--whacky things happen. Skins win with a walk-off FG and I sit, stunned at a 3-game win streak with a drink in my hand and a smile on my face.

I'm gonna go with my Gut this week.

Edited by Wyndorf25
rephrasing
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Any word on Dotson or Thomas yet?

I was thinking that we could really use Thomas, especially since (I assume) Turner will be out.  With that said, Hodges (and Sims) have a bit of a rapport with TH, so at least there’s that…

28 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I was thinking that we could really use Thomas, especially since (I assume) Turner will be out.  With that said, Hodges (and Sims) have a bit of a rapport with TH, so at least there’s that…

Yeah I was hoping Turner would have shown a little more, I know its only been a couple of games though and he has battled injuries. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Okapi p4pi said:

I'm gonna be going to this game on Sunday!  Are there any tips from someone who has been to Lucas Oil Stadium before?  Is finding parking difficult?  Anything I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, zCommander said:

@Skinsinparadise is going maybe he can give you some tips. 

I was just ironically mapping out the areas around the stadium, its close to downtown.  I am staying in the city, not far from Lucas Stadium so I'll be walking.   Not sure about the parking.  Looks like its supposed to rain that day.

7 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Any word on Dotson or Thomas yet?

looks like Thomas plays and Dotson doesn't. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just ironically mapping out the areas around the stadium, its close to downtown.  I am staying in the city, not far from Lucas Stadium so I'll be walking.   Not sure about the parking.  Looks like its supposed to rain that day.

Dang, I'd rather it be the other way around. Bates and Rogers can hold their own at TE but Sims and Milne can't come anywhere close to replicating what Dotson can do.

Edited by AlwaysBeRedskins2Me

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If their DC isn’t a complete idiot like Joe Barry, both defenses will make the opposing QBs look like Jabroni’s.

Well its been broadcast all over creation that the Colt's QB likes to run.

Virtual beer says DelTaco will be shellshocked to see him run for at least 85 yds because DT didn't feel the need to have a 'spy' mirroring the guy.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Forecast of possible rain makes me wonder if Irsay supplies the seats with cushions with Snyder's face with a huge red X on them...

Not a prediction (I gave mine already—I think?) but this is colts related)

It was actually 7 months and 3 days since he was traded, BUT the meme is assuming 4 weeks in a month, 7x4=28, plus 3 days. So while not ENTIRELY accurate, it’s pretty close. At this point I feel like he’s destined to die when he’s 84 (28x3) on march 28th 

612DEE23-695C-479B-982A-0184DADA7AE5.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1