Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Night Thread: Washington at Chicago ~ Mobsters Delight Edition

TK

43 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

This game was won for three reasons:

1. The defense

For as much as you can point to how horrible Fields looked, I remembered that our defense made Tom Brady look pretty pedestrian last year.  At least last night the D deserves a lot of kudos, even if they almost let it slip away with that Fields scamper at the end.

• Like 4

Just a little vent, so much other crap circling this team that talking about actual players has become secondary. What a freakin mess.

There is plenty of playmaking talent on this offense, even without Thomas, Bates, Brown and Dotson last night there was still playmaking ability on the field. Combination of Wentz errant throws, couple bad drops (though thats not just this team) questionable play calling, missed blocks and inopportune penalties negates the talent. Thinking Cole Turner is going to be a pretty good tight end, really good hands, big target, just needs more playing time to become more familiar with assignments (missed a couple blocks, think he also had a penalty) and the offense in general. Don't think there is any one thing wrong, combination of the above. There is so much potential in the skill players we have its maddening to watch right now. Really hate to call out Ron because really like and respect him...but this all comes down to coaching decisions on and off the field.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

For as much as you can point to how horrible Fields looked, I remembered that our defense made Tom Brady look pretty pedestrian last year.  At least last night the D deserves a lot of kudos, even if they almost let it slip away with that Fields scamper at the end.

I have no delusions about the defense turning a corner or everything because Fields is legitimately like one of the 3 worst quarterbacks I've ever seen play.  Similar to the defense in 2020.  They looked like world beaters.  But they played against Ben DiNucci, Andy Dalton, Nick Mullens, Ryan Finley, and Nate Sudfeld.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, skins island connection said:

This entire franchise is teetering on going 'Full Nuclear'.

Team playing / coached like they're trying to do each other in.

Snyder hearing Jeffrey Epstein in his ear after claiming he's got dirt on owners/commish.

Stadium deal in the toilet.

Coaching staff in the toilet.

Chances of at least not being the laughing stock of the league is a laughing stock in of itself.

Our luck the cheerleaders all have crabs, chlamydia, and/or aggressive genital herpes via Dan's Love boat.

At least we all know what the 'W' on the helmets stands for;   W H Y!

Faze Counter Strike GIF by TeamLiquidBlack And White Reaction GIF

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Brian Robinson got us our only TD last night and he gets left off?? 

Yes.  Run game didn't get going until Gibson in the second half.  Averaged 7 YPC.  Robinson had 30 yards on 10 attempts before they let Gibson run the ball.  Velus Jones was largely responsible for the TD.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

I wouldn't say the defense played very good. They gave up almost 240 yards rushing last night. That's Alabama beating down on Louisiana State type rushing numbers.

But they did enough good things to seal the win.

A lot of the rushing yards were empty yards that didn't really contribute to winning offensive football.

Defense was good, but its the Bears. Fields is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, petey hodge said:

Fugly

Does that mean fat and ugly or ****ing ugly?

Everyone said the Bears were garbage, I haven't seen them play yet, but I figured they couldn't be that bad with their record...we now have the same record.

18 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Does that mean fat and ugly or ****ing ugly?

Everyone said the Bears were garbage, I haven't seen them play yet, but I figured they couldn't be that bad with their record...we now have the same record.

Well, with the way these two teams played last night, they certainly deserve to have the same record 😂 cause yikes 

3 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

That 3-0 game against the Jets back in '93 as well. 

I was trying to think of just the wins.   Plenty of horrific losses.     Dallas on Monday Night in 2001 when both teams were 0-4.   We were up 7-6 with 2 minutes left and Stephen Davis fumbled.   We lost 9-7

12 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

About the best move Ron has made was not panicking and trading 2 1sts + something else to move up to 8 to get Fields.  

That's what it would have taken and thank God we didn't do that.  

I never understand this argument. If you miss badly on a franchise QB, you really really suck, and get to reboot in a few years.

What is the tangible difference between missing on Fields in '21 (and I'm not sold we would have missed, Fields would have had actual weapons and a competent OL on this team, in Chicago he has nothing, nothing at all, beyond day 3 pick Mooney) and sucking for two years, and then drafting at the top of '24 and trying again, versus taking a bust hybrid LB, and being sucky, but not sucky enough to land a franchise QB to reboot with?

Chicago and us are neck and neck. Last night underlined it. We're both 2-4, we're both god awful, we're both going nowhere, but they have a legit prospect at QB (whose been awful, no doubt) and more room to fall off than us, and reboot again. The worst part of it? Despite having a better defense, and better weapons and offense in general, Chicago still was a muffed punt away from winning that game.

So yeah, I'd have rather traded up for Fields, EASILY, over what we did. Same with RGIII in '12 (the only thing that flushed that idea was that we backed into a near but not quite franchise QB in the same draft w/our day 3 pick, and so we didn't bottom out, as we would have, if we just had RGIII alone).

Drafting and blowing it with a franchise QB and/or trading up for them just allows you to reboot faster if you blow it. What we are doing instead, which btw we've been doing nonstop since 1993, is going w/stop gaps, and building out the rest of the roster, and that has made us a consistent 3 years out of 4 dumpster fire that's never quite bad enough to land the top of the draft obvious QB stud prospects, and never good enough to literally EVER matter. We haven't mattered in the NFL since bad special teams kept us out of a deeper playoff run in '99, and bad luck against the Seahawks scuttled us in '05 and '07 and back then we didn't really matter either beyond being a potential spoiler.

Why are you and others so afraid of blowing it with a franchise QB selection or trade up. It's been 29 <expletive> years. It's the only quick way to potentially fix this other than Snyder dropping dead or selling. Who cares if we blow a trade up. Why not be excited about the possibly of hitting on it? This draft could do this. Same with '21, same with '20, which had echoes of '04 and '05 when franchise QB's were available and we passed. Let's push the button. The worse that can go wrong is what's already happening 3 out of every 4 years anyway (and sometimes 4 out of 5). Who cares? 

Edited by The Consigliere
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

A lot of the rushing yards were empty yards that didn't really contribute to winning offensive football.

Defense was good, but its the Bears. Fields is the worst starting QB in the NFL.

I dunno if he's the worst, the coach literally was trying to get him killed. Like that should be negligence.  Played him in the wrong way and let him stay in after being decimated repeatedly.

I'm no Fields fan, he's just a guy to me, but I felt like Adrienne telling them to throw in the towel.

2 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I never understand this argument. If you miss badly on a franchise QB, you really really suck, and get to reboot in a few years.

What is the tangible difference between missing on Fields in '21 (and I'm not sold we would have missed, Fields would have had actual weapons and a competent OL on this team, in Chicago he has nothing, nothing at all, beyond day 3 pick Mooney) and sucking for two years, and then drafting at the top of '24 and trying again, versus taking a bust hybrid LB, and being sucky, but not sucky enough to land a franchise QB to reboot with?

Chicago and us are neck and neck. Last night underlined it. We're both 2-4, we're both god awful, we're both going nowhere, but they have a franchise QB and more room to fall off than us, and reboot again. The worst part of it? Despite having a better defense, and better weapons and offense in general, Chicago still was a muffed punt away from winning that game.

So yeah, I'd have rather traded up for Fields, EASILY, over what we did. Same with RGIII in '12 (the only thing that flushed that idea was that we backed into a near but not quite franchise QB in the same draft w/our day 3 pick, and so we didn't bottom out, as we would have, if we just had RGIII alone).

Drafting and blowing it with a franchise QB and/or trading up for them just allows you to reboot faster if you blow it. What we are doing instead, which btw we've been doing nonstop since 1993, is going w/stop gaps, and building out the rest of the roster, and that has made us a consistent 3 years out of 4 dumpster fire that's never quite bad enough to land the top of the draft obvious QB stud prospects, and never good enough to literally EVER matter. We haven't mattered in the NFL since bad special teams kept us out of a deeper playoff run in '99, and bad luck against the Seahawks scuttled us in '05 and '07 and back then we didn't really matter either beyond being a potential spoiler.

Why are you and others so afraid of blowing it with a franchise QB selection or trade up. It's been 29 <expletive> years. It's the only quick way to potentially fix this other than Snyder dropping dead or selling. Who cares if we blow a trade up. Why not be excited about the possibly of hitting on it? This draft could do this. Same with '21, same with '20, which had echoes of '04 and '05 when franchise QB's were available and we passed. Let's push the button. The worse that can go wrong is what's already happening 3 out of every 4 years anyway (and sometimes 4 out of 5). Who cares? 

Fields wouldn’t have Dotson, Robinson, Cosmi, or Turner here.

12 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Our first rounder will get taken away anyway.

Hadn't thought of that, but good point. What a way to punish a set of fans instead of the ------ owner. If you don't have the balls to take the team away, don't punish a fan base that's been swimming in a septic tank for 29 --- damned years, but that's just the sort of thing a spineless weasel like Goodell and the rest of these ---- bag owners would do instead. 

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We would have had to give up our 2022 1st which also means no Dotson.

Fields is not much better than Wentz right now. Actually I might reckon he's worse(but he's more athletic/mobile and on a rookie contract so... *shrug*)

Who cares? 

Dotson aint turning anything around.

You have a QB or you don't. 

At least Fields would've been trying and he might have actually been good (this team actually has some weapons and a potential OL), and if not, if Fields submarined it, big deal, you lose the '22 first, implode this fall (as we are already doing) and take a mega stud in the '23 1st.

Win, freaking win. 

• Like 2