Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

23 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Β 

Did Jason really do that? If so, I may have to amend some of my previous posts about him...nothing personal with him, as I understand being under Snyder wasn't going to be good for him anyway...it's just his history of screwing up PR issues was grating...and it's possible that's a duty that Snyder shoved off on him without Wright being prepared.

TK confirmed it in one of the threads when it happened. It changed my opinion of him very, very much. We may be only a pocket of fans, but he's looking out for us. If he stays with the team, I won't be disappointed.

Β 

Β Β 

On 11/8/2023 at 5:24 PM, TK said:

Not really sure if Harris/Magic get the credit. Calling Magic out on Twitter/X whatever was a β€œVoice of the Voiceless” move for the entire 20+ year community that’s been built here.Β 
Β 

But I’ll say this, while he’s been blamed for a lot of screwups under Dan, Jason Wright actually at one point offered to pay the server bill out of his own pocket.Β 
Β 

THATS a move to get the fan base (at least here) back.Β 
Β 

Props & respect to him for that.Β 

Β 

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Β 

I admit to having a soft spot for Wright since I think that ES would've been dead in October if he didn't jump in to fix the problem when we were shut down for a few days.Β 

Cool.

Β 

Counting the seconds till Wright is fired. Β Need to eliminate as much as we can that has any connection to Dan. Β Wright and the embarrassing name are at the top of the list now that Ron is gone.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Bob Myers has an impressive executive resume - in basketball.Β  Β 

Β 

Does it matter that his background includes nothing related to football at any level?

That is what Spielman is there for

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Β 

Does it matter that his background includes nothing related to football at any level?

The answer as always is it depends.Β  How much scouting does the GM do his or herself?Β  If you build a good scouting group and you trust them, then you can often defer to them.Β  People seem to think being GM is like being GM/owner in Madden.Β  There is more to it than just picking players.

6 minutes ago, Veretax said:

The answer as always is it depends.Β  How much scouting does the GM do his or herself?Β  If you build a good scouting group and you trust them, then you can often defer to them.Β  People seem to think being GM is like being GM/owner in Madden.Β  There is more to it than just picking players.

Mr. Evans is probably smart enough to know that his expertise is not in identifying potential players as opposed to identifying strong leaders with good organization skills and strong character. In other words, can he find winners to put in the front office that translates to winning games on the field? That's what Harris is banking on for sure.Β 

I think people are getting misunderstood by what they're doing.Β  What I think is the best thing about what they're doing is creating a model with a President of Football Operations/GM.Β  You have some organizations like the 49ers Lynch and Ravens that describes they're organization this way.Β Β 

Shehan I think descriped an idea where:

Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  President/ Head of Football Operations
Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Other Presidents (marketing for example), General Manager, CoachΒ  all reporting to the president.Β 

So instead of the GM gettting a turnstile of coaches when the GM fails to manage the team well, and vice versa the gm getting fired when the Coach can't coach talent.Β  You can separate each's record instead of it being a chain.

Β 

Edited by Veretax

Wanted to post this separately.

BTW While listening to Josh Harris on Audacy, and can I just say, that at tims he stammered a bit, some uhms fo rexample, but man, even if he's a little uncomfortable, he's so much more well thought and spoken than Snyder EVER was. He may not like being the center of attention but appreciates the solem nature of this and the importance, and significance of this to the entire Nation here.

I think we are blessed to have an ownership group that includes him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Wanted to post this separately.

BTW While listening to Josh Harris on Audacy, and can I just say, that at tims he stammered a bit, some uhms fo rexample, but man, even if he's a little uncomfortable, he's so much more well thought and spoken than Snyder EVER was.Β 

Β 

Β 

I noticed that he says "obviously" a lot.Β  I heard him say that about four or five times in the 10 minutes I listened.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Β 

He has expertise in winning and can probably identify executive talent.

Β 

Smart people tend to attract other smart people.