Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

Santa Margarita High School

Β 

Interesting... more talk about Brent Vieselmeyer after I had never seen his name before I started posting about his terrible secondary a week ago. How he had evaded any scrutiny at all with our lame duck scheme is odd.

Edited by RandyHolt

21 minutes ago, moboy36 said:

I actually teach at that school. Del Rio's kid was some kind of assistant, as well.Β 

Thanks for sharing. On a side note if you are interested in a job working for JDR you are more than qualified.

Β 

Its mind boggling our DB coach was working at a high school before joining Team Mander. Maybe a lurking reporter here can see how many on our staff were working as an assistant high school coach when hired. Fire his ass and bring in Darrell Green. Both JDRs and just name Kerrigan interim and be done with half our coaching mess in one fell black friday swoop.

Edited by RandyHolt

Not sure why anyone cares to spend time digging into our terrible assistants at this juncture, it’s already known that Rivera and Del Rio were big on nepotism/friend hires and that other qualified people wouldn’t want to come here for what was essentially a lame duck final year. And before that, it was mostly guys who had just been fired from a terrible Panthers staff who couldn’t get it done with 5ish years of an MVP QB. They were scraping the bottom of the barrel for the most part in replacing our OL coach and our DBs coach when they left. For Rivera, the in-house understudy has always been the answerβ€”and maybe sometimes, they had no other choice. Both on his staff and on the roster. Some of it is comfort and laziness, some of it is that it was a real struggle for us to do better under the Snyder stench.
Β 

Either way, all these guys will all be gone in less than 7 weeks, and then the sky will be the limit in comparison.
Β 

A HUGE component of my HC interviews, if I were the eventual new GM, would be discussing who each candidate already has lined up to fill out their staff. The top candidates can always answer this question with impressive teachers and motivators to begin their own coaching treeβ€”they’ve already done the networking and have it laid out. I’d put a huge focus on candidates who can achieve that and know impressive people who want to leave their current positions to work for them. That’s the advantage guys who have been around the block a bit, who major as excellent communicators, haveβ€”Frank Smith especially I could see building an absolute banger staff. Ben Johnson potentially as well. It’s one of the biggest questions I’ve always had with Bieniemy and I’ve always wondered if it was a major component in him not being hired like 15 straight timesβ€”who is on his short list that wouldn’t rather just stay with Andy Reid? He’s also a guy with a bit of a friction-y personality. That was Zimmer’s problem and why he took forever to finally be hired and why he struggled to build a stud staff, not an easy guy to work with, not a peace maker and not someone whose whole thing was creating relationships.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Perhaps it’s only me that finds it weird. Β But I’d think it’s not hard to put up something in between them.

If Tanya Snyder thought it was too expensive to install baby changing stations for the wives of the players, then there's no way those cheapskates would spring for a few bucks to install urinal dividers.

Β 

She told wives of players they wouldn't install them because they were "getting a new stadium anyway."

Β 

Let's not forget her hubby gave bags of apples to all the employees in lieu of an Xmas bonus.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

Β I got that weird feeling { maybe gas } that if the team stays relatively close in the Dallassholes game then Rivera will prob make it to the end of the seaon.

But if its a blow-out, embarrassing style, then Friday will be his day of seeing the door.

I'm at odds with myself; on one hand I want to see the team play good/win but on the other hand i'd love to see RR and Del Taco both get the boot on the day after.

Hec, just leave Del Taco at the stadium in Dallas; he's prob too dense to know how to get back home so its a win-win!

22 hours ago, Redwards said:

Yeah. Β I would think this is the best course of action if you can start interviewing early. Β If not, I would keep status quo and try to lose out. Β 

Β 

I also do not want us trading our two 2nd rounders to move up into the first round. Β We need LOTS of talent, and a new, quality GM will see it the way as well. Β Also, the analytics say to keep more picks. Β I would think/hope that with a quality GM and scouting department installed before the draft, we can finally say goodbye to the annual flushing of our second round draft picks and actually use them going forward to acquire talented players that become a long-term asset to this team. Β Β 

Trade, deal and do whatever you have to to get the best football players you can if it means moving up included. Quality instead of quantity. The Steelers moved up in the first round last year to take the last good LT on the board. Good teams know how to deal and we are not one of them. That’s the main reason we stunk for the last 20 years and teams like the Steelers were winners.Β 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

You guys see that, Rapoport can’t even refer to Rivera without describing him as our β€œrespected coach”. That’s the league-wide opinion even if we’ve come to the point of feeling disdain for him. That’s why the firing and the timing of it needs to be handled carefully even if it would have felt amazing to slake the blood-thirst and fire him weeks ago (or months ago). Harris knows this. Maybe today goes so poorly that he pulls the trigger, maybe it doesn’t or he just chooses not to. But it’s not just about whether Rivera deserves it or not, he obviously does. This is a long game thing.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

It should only take a second to evaluate Rivera's job(s) this season.

There is no need for evaluating.Β  There's no need for a meeting or anything.Β  Ask Ron to stay after the Dallas game and just have a quick conservation but telling Ron; the team is moving on from him.Β  Thank him for her service and putting up with the Dan b.s. butΒ  we decided to move on.Β  No need to wait until the next day.

58 minutes ago, Conn said:

You guys see that, Rapoport can’t even refer to Rivera without describing him as our β€œrespected coach”. That’s the league-wide opinion even if we’ve come to the point of feeling disdain for him. That’s why the firing and the timing of it needs to be handled carefully even if it would have felt amazing to slake the blood-thirst and fire him weeks ago (or months ago). Harris knows this. Maybe today goes so poorly that he pulls the trigger, maybe it doesn’t or he just chooses not to. But it’s not just about whether Rivera deserves it or not, he obviously does. This is a long game thing.

They need to stop referring to him as a "respected coach". Β I cannot be convinced that other teams see him as such. Β What they mean is that those other teams "Respect the Man" that is Ron Rivera. Β There's a huge distinction between the two. Β Ron is clearly one of (if not THE worst) Head Coaches in the entire league. Β That just cannot be disputed by anyone with even a modicum of football knowledge at this point in his tenure here in Washington and his entire tenure as an NFL Coach. Β 

Edited by Redwards
  • Thumb up 1

We are basically trying to tank if they keep Ron today if Dallas blows us out. Honestly at this point it’s the best move , if we are top 5 we have a chance at Williams /mayes/ or Harrison jr while having options to trade back and gain a lot of good value for the long term. Honestly it’s a win winΒ 

9 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Ron isn't going anywhere this season and he is a 100% gone after the season. Harris wants the team to tank so they can get the highest possible pics, incompetence of Riverra is the best way to achieve that goal.Β 

I agree with most of this but I don't think Harris wants his/this team to tank. What owner wants to see their team lose? Ron is here for the rest of this year and is gone at the conclusion of our season. Harris will get his GM in and they will get a new blood in here and start the upwards turn for the best.Β 

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

There is no need for evaluating.Β  There's no need for a meeting or anything.Β  Ask Ron to stay after the Dallas game and just have a quick conservation but telling Ron; the team is moving on from him.Β  Thank him for her service and putting up with the Dan b.s. butΒ  we decided to move on.Β  No need to wait until the next day.

Yeah man, nothing like canning a respected guy on Thanksgiving.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Yeah man, nothing like canning a respected guy on Thanksgiving.

I was talking about the Dallas finale. Should’ve clarified that. After the Dallas finale, ask Ron to stay after game and then inform him he’s fired. There’s no need for a meeting on the 8th.

Β 

Also, what’s this bull**** needing the whole season to evaluate Ron. There’s nothing to evaluate. This season has been a confirmation that Ron needs to be let go. Β Last weeks Giants game should’ve sealed Ron’s fate.

Β 

When he meets Ron after season ends, it should be a quick one. No need review anything. Just thank Ron for his service and coaching during the turmoil of the final Snyder years but inform him; he’s fired and team is moving in a different direction.

Β 

If Josh did want to fire πŸ”₯ Ron after today’s Dallas game; no problem.

4 hours ago, FlyBigBeard said:

I agree with most of this but I don't think Harris wants his/this team to tank. What owner wants to see their team lose? Ron is here for the rest of this year and is gone at the conclusion of our season. Harris will get his GM in and they will get a new blood in here and start the upwards turn for the best.Β 

of course he does... why else would you trade both of your DEs who also happened to be the better players on this team? it benefits him in multiple ways:

1. more draft choices to rebuild the team and more cap space

2. more lucrative for a good GM/ Coach to join

3. if Wash finishes with a bad record this year.. next year with a new system/ GM/ coach it will be easy to finish with a much better record. so Harris and new FO look good by default

4. Makes moving on from Ron's FO pretty easy in public opinion (not that its really necessary since Rons over all incompetence nailed the coffin shut for himself)

Β 

If the Offence and Howell look legitimate the rest of the year, but we lose most of the games its a win-win for both owner and fans. This team can be turned around in one season

Edited by oraphus

6 hours ago, FlyBigBeard said:

Exactly and this team is so far from being a good team that weather or not they draft at #5 or #9 for example that player alone isn’t helping resurrect this team in 24’… they needed to trade Allen & Payne weeks ago too to get draft capital, they need players not a playerΒ 

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If you believe we are an o-line and better coaching away, you'll be disappointed.Β  Frankly, the entire roster other than Sam is expendable.Β 

Agreed. Howell wasnt bad today but youre asking the kid to carry the offense and he isn’t capable of that right now.