Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

16 hours ago, RVAskins said:

For those that want Belichick....it would be more of the same as we have now.

From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland, he compiled a 36–44 record, leading the team to the playoffs in 1994, his only winning year with the team.

Playoff record without Tom Brady: 1-2

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

So I had a crazy dream, that the RAms fired Sean McVay.... and we made a run at someone we thought was better and ended up settling for him, because Bill Belliczech said he'd rather retire.

That wasn't real right?

No but if we had a chance to get McVay I’d do it and then find a GM to pair with him, like Shanahan and Lynch.  And I wouldn’t care about who came first.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

OC from Houston turning some heads. Has big Shanahan background and worked here previously.

I think Houston is going to be able to keep their staff together for another year or two. They're too new together.

The 49er tree is a little watered down right now after a bunch of those guys followed Ryan to Houston.

Probably not the popular opinion, but I’m hoping Ron and EB come back for one more season, but fire Del Rio. Simply because I want Howell in the same system again. I think Sam and EB are growing together and asking Howell to learn a 3rd system in as many years could really hinder his development.  He and his receivers developing rapport on route concepts, a better oline, a lightning back to BRob’s thunder, an athletic tightend, and we got something special…

I think a young defensive coordinator with fire in his loins, a new GM shopping for groceries and actually rebuilding the team properly, and continuity on offense is where this team should be next year vice starting over.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lovemaskins said:

Probably not the popular opinion, but I’m hoping Ron and EB come back for one more season, but fire Del Rio. Simply because I want Howell in the same system again. I think Sam and EB are growing together and asking Howell to learn a 3rd system in as many years could really hinder his development.  He and his receivers developing rapport on route concepts, a better oline, a lightning back to BRob’s thunder, an athletic tightend, and we got something special…

I think a young defensive coordinator with fire in his loins, a new GM shopping for groceries and actually rebuilding the team properly, and continuity on offense is where this team should be next year vice starting over.

I think a new coach can get more out of Howell then this staff. The new system stuff can be overblown at times. If the coach is good and the QB is good, they'll figure it out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think a new coach can get more out of Howell then this staff. The new system stuff can be overblown at times. If the coach is good and the QB is good, they'll figure it out.

Not saying it can’t be done, I’d just like to see Sam keep building into the off-season and starting camp into 2024 instead of new terminology, receivers learning new route concepts, oline learning different techniques, a new offensive coordinator learning what Sam likes and doesn’t like, a new QB coach teaching new footwork nuance… just all that change vice continuing and building. 

And to be clear, I’m not a Ron apologist, my perspective is just purely objective for the development of my QB. Hell, let EB command the ship. In the infamous words of TO, “that’s my quarterback 🥹…”

3 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Don't sleep on Pritchard. We have a guy on staff who future HCs want as their OC. He's good. If EB ever gets his shot, that's certainly his guy.

He was a playcaller at Stanford. Not sure how I’d feel about handing the playcalling reigns over to him. May be a moot point - a HC with an offensive background will probably stay as the playcaller

8 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

Hell no. If Sam is a legit nfl qb, he’ll adjust to learning a new system.

Ron comes back the team not be any better in 24. Likely will be worse; especially if we make the playoffs this year.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thumb up 2