Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.πŸ˜€πŸ˜„

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Β 

No, you will never be in it with Rivera, that is the last hump/realization this fanbase needs to become good. I said I wouldn't buy any gear or go to any games until we won a playoff game. Now, I've changed it to no gear/no games as long as Rivera is HC...thats pretty much the same thing.

Β 

As far as I'm concerned, keep EB and Howell, trade everyone else. I really don't care about what happens to the other players at this point. Tank for good draft position/new HC, build draft capital and try again. Shouldn't take five ****ing years to build a competitive team.

I am okay with Ron finish, JDR needs to go.

Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Rivera, Del Rio, Mayhew, Wright, and the whole operation has to go ASAP.Β  Magic was embarrassed and showed his frustration on Twitter/X. Here's hoping something happens because this is looking like a long season

What did magic say?

5 minutes ago, wunderhill said:

What did magic say?

Β 

Tonight the Commanders played with no intensity or fire. We didn’t compete in the first half and got down 27-3 heading into halftime. It was too big of a hole to climb out of and that is why we ended up losing 40-20.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Rivera, Del Rio, Mayhew, Wright, and the whole operation has to go ASAP.Β  Magic was embarrassed and showed his frustration on Twitter/X. Here's hoping something happens because this is looking like a long season

at a certain point, if things don't get better under harris, i'm gonna call for a shutting down of the franchise.

3 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

They haven't done anything yet, but they should and the league can't shut down a franchise.

i'm being facetious and exaggerating...but at the same time, i'd get better sleep the day after a prime time game.

Edited by xxprodigyxx

So unless a miracle happens and this team turns it around and gets to double digit wins (which we know won't happen) we pretty much know that a complete house cleaning is coming, coaches and front office included.Β  With that said,Β  let's start talking about a GM/coaching wishlist.Β  Any up and coming GMs and coaches that you guys would love to see here? Personally,Β  I would love to see a front office that mirrors what the Eagles have done these past few years.Β 

15 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

So unless a miracle happens and this team turns it around and gets to double digit wins (which we know won't happen) we pretty much know that a complete house cleaning is coming, coaches and front office included.Β  With that said,Β  let's start talking about a GM/coaching wishlist.Β  Any up and coming GMs and coaches that you guys would love to see here? Personally,Β  I would love to see a front office that mirrors what the Eagles have done these past few years.Β 

Β 

The miracle would be moving on from Rivera. A lot of people have previously said that he has lost the locker room, I've never thought so...until now. The players don't want to play for him or don't buy into what he's selling. Either way, he's a loser and needs to get the **** out.

• Like 2

I rarely read this message board anymore let alone post, but, I had to take a peak after that complete debacle last night.Β  Just brutal -- Go back and read the comments from a year ago -- same ****,....lolol!

Β 

You could just feel it happening -- 90% of "experts" picked the Commandumbs to win, prime time home game, wearing those awful black unis,....this was just lining up to be an embarrassment.Β  Dan's stink is still all over this franchise and it will not be gone for a while unfortunately, but firing Ron and JDR would be a good first step.Β  It would be an aggressive move by the new ownership 5 games in and messages to the team they're giving up on the season.Β  So, probably won't happen, but there's more than enough data to make a strong, strong argument that Ron should be gone (he shoulda been gone after the '22 season).Β  Six straight seasons with a losing record.Β  I mean, he had 2 straight years of losing before being hired here -- but, Dan's a literal moron, so understandable he hired him.Β  "Happy Thanksgiving everybody" -- lol

Β 

Welp, the honeymoon is officially over with the new ownership.Β  Everything that has changed at this point is mostly window dressing -- the core of this pile of dung is still intact.Β  Will be interesting to see the response by the ownership (if any) and the response by Ron and the team next game.

Β 

Β 

Edited by Probos
  • Like 1

There’s no reason to let them finish the season. Β Next three games are Falcons, Giants, Eagles. If we split the first two and lose to the Eagles, go ahead and fire them all. If we lose the first two just go ahead and do it then.Β 
Β 

edit to add: I’m a little torn on who should be fired. It would probably be too disruptive to fire JDR and Rivera simultaneously during the season. While JDR is obviously deserving of being let go, maybe just keep him on for continuity while the season winds down.Β 

Edited by TheGoodBits

I saw zero fight and zero desire on defense and for that alone someone has to goΒ 

17 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

There’s no reason to let them finish the season. Β Next three games are Falcons, Giants, Eagles. If we split the first two and lose to the Eagles, go ahead and fire them all. If we lose the first two just go ahead and do it then.Β 
Β 

edit to add: I’m a little torn on who should be fired. It would probably be too disruptive to fire JDR and Rivera simultaneously during the season. While JDR is obviously deserving of being let go, maybe just keep him on for continuity while the season winds down.Β 

I don’t see how any disruption isn’t a good thingΒ 

2 hours ago, skinsfan66 said:

I am okay with Ron finish, JDR needs to go.

Β 

Only Ron can fire Jack, unless Ron is fired first. Ron contractually runs the operation and decides personal moves when it comes to players and coaches. Josh does something like that, he’s breaching Ron’s contract. So unless Ron is fired first; only Ron can. Make those moves.

Weren't there some who were okay with Ron being moved to personnel after this season? No, no, no. That sends the wrong message (a very Snyder-like message) to literally promote someone for failure. I don't want Ron, or any Snyder-era hires, to stay with this franchise. All Snyder hires that past 10 years were either desperate, joined just for the money, or had no place else to go. Ron falls under one of those conditions (maybe multiple) because he certainly wasn't hired as some hot commodity.Β 

Β 

Not one to espouse such a brutal dichotomy (Snyder hires vs. non-Snyder hires) because these are people and people can change, but that requires time and I'd rather us pull in fresh winners, uncontaminated by the previous culture and regime.Β 

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Only 15 halftime leads is abysmal. I'd also like to see how often we go up double digits on a team. Its pretty rare.

Β 

I mentioned this in the prediction thread yesterday.Β  When's the last time we won by double digits?Β  I'm not talking about a normal 10 Pt. Victory, I'm talking about a 15-20+ point ass kicking?Β  I guess Dallas at the end of the season last year counts.Β  It seems like we get our teeth kicked in WAY MORE than the other way around.Β  Even last year, we had some teams on the schedule that we should've pounded, but escaped with one score victories, like against the Colts, Bears & Falcons.Β  We're never impressive in victories under this coach.Β  We always manage to either win by the skin of our teeth, lose by the skin of our teeth or just get our doors kicked in.

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Only 15 halftime leads is abysmal. I'd also like to see how often we go up double digits on a team. Its pretty rare.

I just looked it up. Since Ron has been coach we have lost by 14 or more 13 times. We have won a game by 14 or more 3 times lol. Of those 4 times we beat the Cowboys 3 of them. This was Rons first year when the Cowboys where playing 2nd and 3rd string qbs and the other Cowboy win was last game last year. The other win is vs the Giants. So yeah be get blown out a lot and barely blow teams out. Under Ron all of our wins are to the wire inducing cardiac arrest.Β