Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

• 88Comrade2000 changed the title to Fire, No Extend, No Stay the course?
30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think our best solution might be for Rivera to retire at season's end and move into the FO as a Team President/CEO type role mentoring a new young GM/personnel guy and let Bienemy take over as HC.

I was actually thinking if the team does well this season, I could see Rivera signing one more extension and then moving up to the FO in a President of Football Ops role and handing EB the HC reins after that.

One more contract extension to try and get a ring as a HC, then move upstairs and give EB his shot. Could also be a way to keep EB around and working with Howell / the O vs. bolting for a job elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Ron is our guy....these players are playing for him and he's clearly letting EB run the show an set the tone. We should see how this plays out before firing RR. Our defense can take us far if they gel and continue to apply pressure. I'm sure RR is banking on it.

It honestly feels like we're a year away to me.  Our defense is ready to go right now, our staff is good, we just need the season to build our identity on offense and get those guys experience and a couple of offseason reinforcements.  Next year we make our run.  This year, we build our habits and confidence and skills and give the Cowboys a dogfight for the division.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Ugh, I’ll be staying away from this thread after this post. We’re 2-0 and people are calling for our coach to be fired. Since our next two opponents are Super Bowl contenders and we’re just starting to rebuild into a functioning organization after 25 years of incompetent leadership, we’re probably gonna lose both games and this will be an insufferable read.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Ugh, I’ll be staying away from this thread after this post. We’re 2-0 and people are calling for our coach to be fired. Since our next two opponents are Super Bowl contenders and we’re just starting to rebuild into a functioning organization after 25 years of incompetent leadership, we’re probably gonna lose both games and this will be an insufferable read.

The thread is a year old.

I missed it too.

11 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I think our best solution might be for Rivera to retire at season's end and move into the FO as a Team President/CEO type role mentoring a new young GM/personnel guy and let Bienemy take over as HC.

Ron is a decent coach, but hasn't proven to me he's anything more then that.

Preferably he just retire, I wouldn't give him Wrights job, for example, and I don't trust him leading personnel.

He did his part getting us here, friend of mine said Bieniemy is the actual HC now...told folks I believed Ron hired him to be his own replacement, it's gonna become more obvious as this season goes on (he's already changed their off days from Tuesdays to Monday's with Rons approval)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Preferably he just retire, I wouldn't give him Wrights job, for example, and I don't trust him leading personnel.

He did his part getting us here, friend of mine said Bieniemy is the actual HC now...told folks I believed Ron hired him to be his own replacement, it's gonna become more obvious as this season goes on (he's already changed their off days from Tuesdays to Monday's with Rons approval)

Makes a lot of sense...not to compare the two but Joe Gibbs put a LOT of trust in his coaching staff and delegated many things. Maybe RR has spoken to Coach Gibbs and picked up some of those traits? 

It does seem clear that EB is doing the heavy lifting with RR's blessing. 

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yeah I don't think I'd want Rivera LEADING the FO, but wouldn't mind him in some kind of consulting/advisory role. Think like a consigliere to the actual GM/lead personnel guy. And someone to help guide Harris's first few years as an NFL owner.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

he seems like a decent coach and then he decides to go for that 59 yard FG...almost inviting the broncos to take back momentum. he seems like a decent coach 90% of the time...and then he just makes mind numbingly dumb calls.

• Thumb up 1

Seriously? This team is 2-0. Now with that said,it wasn't pretty.  This is a young team that needs to learn how to become a consistent winner.

As far as coaching staff, there is plenty of second guessing to go around, but this group is playing their tails off for these coaches.  I told my son after the game,  if this happens for the last few years, we lose this game. 

Comrade88 bumping this thread is just another obvious example of his disdain for all thing RR. In a sense, I feel bad for him now cause he can't even enjoy the wins. RR might need to invest in a security team though. Lol.

Again, we need to let this play out before we start ousting folks. Then, if the new ownership feels its time for a change, so be it.

Personally,  I'm going to enjoy the win and look forward to next Sunday vs Bills. 

HTTR!

• Thumb up 1

I like Ron the person, I’ve been hoping he would pull through, but I’ve come to the realization that he is not made to be a head coach. During the game yesterday the announcers said Ron told them that Bienemy is more than an OC, he’s also, assistant coach. We knew that.

But they went on to say Ron told them that the reason Bienemy has been great is because he made changes like moving the off day to Monday instead of Tuesday and the practices were more challenging or uptempo or something of that nature…

I’m sorry, but after 3 years coaching just this team, not his experience beforehand, that someone else had to have the genius idea that you need to work your guys a little more at practice and that a change in the day off is a good thing. 

I know Ron has had his plate beyond full these first 3 seasons. But jeez, aren’t these two things in a coaches list of duties? He lets the coordinators run their players, so why does it take someone else to introduce these team transforming ideas. Shouldn’t he have come up with this on his own prior to now? 

I feel like Ron is just sitting around right now at Redskins Park figuring out what they can get for lunch. “I got lunch for the team today guys! We’re going with Gordon’s Fish Sticks with loads of ketchup!”

If our offense is solid all year and Howell looks like he is our guy and Bienemy gets a job offer, even if you go to the Super Bowl, you have to keep Bienemy around for stability in the offense. I like Ron and would love to see him stick around the team in some capacity. Maybe consultation or professor of happy dances, who knows. 

• Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If Josh decides there needs to be a change; Ron can’t guarantee Eric will be his successor.

That would be up to Josh and his likely Gm. 

If EB does well as OC, he would be one of many candidates we should interview and other teams will want to interview him. He shouldn’t lock on one job nor should we lock on one candidate.

• Thumb down 1

EB will definitely be in demand the way this season has gone so far. The only question he had was if he could run an offense himself and he's done more than that this year, since by all counts he was in charge of basically running our training camp practices. I think Rivera might actually be discreetly grooming him to take over as successor.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1