Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Neighbors and The AITA thread.

Spaceman Spiff

5 hours ago, China said:

So somebody was just parking in front of our house blocking our driveway and I went out and told him he couldn't do that.

He was like "Sorry" and moved his car.  But if I hadn't of come out and said anything he would've just left his car there as he and his girlfriend were already out of the car.

I have to do it at least once a week.  I live on a very busy corner and people think they can just block me in. 

When the quincenera happened, they had the whole damn street blocked.  I got everyone to move from the other side of my yard, because if I'd had to get out, I couldn't have seen to move for all the damn huge SUVs. 

I'd really like to see no "street parking" because the street winds and has hills that you can't see over.  If ignorant people park on both sides, it's a one-way...I'm absolutely shocked that there's never been a head-on collision...especially with the idiot cars here.  But they bang into each other at least once a month trying to turn into the neighborhood because the knucklehead behind them comes over the hill wanting to hit the straightaway with a bunch of noise. 

I could rant about this **** for days on end. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Halloween display paying homage to ‘Stranger Things’ on hold after complaints

A “Stranger Things”-themed Halloween display in front of a Plainfield home is now closed after a neighbor voiced concerns about it.

Things just got stranger for the suburban Halloween display of the same name after complaints for a lone neighbor forced the creators of the house haunt to close it for now.

“Everyone seemed okay with it until they weren’t,” said Aubrey Appel, the Halloween display creator.

Paying homage to the popular Netflix series, Appel and his family dreamed up the spooky seasonal setup displayed in their front yard.

It replicates a scene from the show and features a life-like mannequin dressed as the character Max Mayfield appearing to hover in mid-air.

6IEVL6SQUFFIPAMHEMQGEJTLVY.jpg

A “Stranger Things”-themed Halloween display in front of a Plainfield home is now closed after a neighbor voiced concerns about it.

Things just got stranger for the suburban Halloween display of the same name after complaints for a lone neighbor forced the creators of the house haunt to close it for now.

“Everyone seemed okay with it until they weren’t,” said Aubrey Appel, the Halloween display creator.

Paying homage to the popular Netflix series, Appel and his family dreamed up the spooky seasonal setup displayed in their front yard.

It replicates a scene from the show and features a life-like mannequin dressed as the character Max Mayfield appearing to hover in mid-air.

“It was just really cool. We saw it on TikTok. We just thought it was so cool, where you couldn’t see like any wires or anything,” Kyle Mitchell said.

The family said video of the display they posted not only got more than 14 million views with everyone wondering what’s keeping Max afloat, but also some unwanted attention from one neighbor, who at first said they were OK with it when the family asked for permission before putting it up.

“It’s upsetting. To be told like … ‘we support you. We’re behind you. We understand why you’re doing this.’ And to have that blow up in your face, it’s …” Appel said.

Possibly angered by the crowds and the popularity of the display, that one neighbor has accused them of bringing negative attention to the neighborhood, endangering the community’s children and making the neighborhood the target of possible home invasions because of all the spectators, the family said.

Other people who live here don’t agree with the complaining neighbor.

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright, I got another one. Fwiw, if anyone gives a **** about the situation in the OP, they moved the dumpster like a month ago. Looks like they’ve done a nice job with the house, too. 

So back in December, I took my dog to a dog park about a half mile from my house.  It’s a really easy walk and in the two previous times I’d gone, nobody else was there. 

But this time there was a guy there with his boxer puppy and he reassured me that she was friendly. My dog

is too, but all she really gives a **** about is me flinging the tennis ball for her. 

So the dogs are playing and this guy and I are making small talk. And there’s something about this guy right away that kind of gave me a weird vibe. Then, no less than 5 minutes into the conversation he’s like “Yeah, so any time you want to bring the dogs up here just let me know.” And I don’t even know the dudes name. It was just weird. 

The dogs played for like a half hour, and then we exchanged numbers and that was that. The next weekend he texts to see if I want to meet him at the park and I said sure. This time I brought the wife and Spiff Jr with me. 

So the dogs are running around, he’s talking to my wife while I’m walking across the field to get the tennis ball neither dog can find. I make my way back, he’s telling her about how he lives with his mother who has stage 4 cancer, etc, but his house is a few streets over, etc. more small talk again.  This puppy is his second boxer, his first one died last year at like age 12 or 13.  His second dog’s name rhymes with the first dog’s name (more on that in a second) and he’s a special ed teacher at a jr high in town. 

We say goodbye, get in the truck, head back to the house and my wife’s like “oh he’s nice, you should be friends with him, blah blah blah” and I’m like WHATEVER, this dude is weird, I can’t put my finger on it. 

So a few days later we’re standing in the kitchen and it dawned on my wife. “Hey, he’s the guy that writes his name in the sidewalk. But that’s not his daughter’s name obviously, it’s the name of his first dog.” When we walk around the neighborhood, there are a few squares in the sidewalk where someone had written “Daddy + (first dogs name)” in the cement. And then another square with “strange dudes initials + first dogs initials.” We had just always chalked it up to, you know, a dad and his kid.

And I know we all love our pets but I don’t care who you are that’s ****ing weird. 

Come to find out he lives in a house with his mom across the street and 3 houses down. My wife was out waking our dog one day when he drove by and saw her. So the next time we went to the park, he was all like “I didn’t know you lived there!!”  

But what REALLY made my skin crawl was about three weeks ago on a Saturday morning I got up early to run some errands. He usually texts on Saturday morning to see if I want to take the dogs up. But while I’m out running errands, no text. 

I get home around 11, I’m not in the house 30 seconds and I look at my phone and there’s a text from him asking if I want to take the dogs up.  And then it dawned on me, I had driven right past his house on the way home and my truck is clearly visible in the driveway. He can see it from his house.  Why’d I get the feeling he’d been checking to see if I was home?

So this weekend, we were supposed to go out of town except Spiff Jr got sick Friday morning when we were heading out. Thursday afternoon we’d boarded the dog and we decided to leave her on vacation cause…well, we love her but we also don’t need the 4:30 am wet nose alarm. 

This morning we walked for coffee with Spiff Jr feeling better and the nice weather.  We’re headed home and three blocks from the house when I see him across the street walking his dog, headed to the park. I smiled and waved and he goes “I THOUGHT YOU WERE OUT OF TOWN THIS WEEKEND?!” And I’m like, kid got sick, change of plans, and he’s like “OH. OK. HOPE HE FEELS BETTER.”  We kept walking and my wife was like “yeah, his tone was like ‘how come you didn’t tell me you were home?’”

I feel bad because he’s a nice guy. He’s 3-4 years younger than me, late 30s so he’s not some old creeper. And he’s had it rough, like I said his mom has cancer and  and my wife found out from another neighbor that his father committed suicide. 

But I just can’t shake this weird vibe I get from him. We take our dogs to the park, make small talk, he’s nice but he’s definitely weird.  I feel like an asshole for feeling that way but I just can’t help it. 

Just observing.  

People who are 24-7 caregivers, don't get out and have much social interaction.  And it can seriously alter your mood.  

Which doesn't mean you're wrong, about the creepy vibe.  Just saying there might be an explanation, for some of it.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Sisters Busted For Threats Over "Loud Sex"

Angered that a couple in a neighboring apartment was making “too much noise during sex,” a pair of gun-toting Texas sisters allegedly threatened to shoot the loud lovebirds, according to cops who arrested the siblings for felony assault.

Investigators busted Alexis Davis, 25, and Treasure Bibbs, 21, following a confrontation early Monday morning at an apartment complex in Houston. Davis (left) and Bibbs are pictured in the above mug shots.

According to police, an ongoing dispute over noise emanating from the nearby apartment had already resulted in Davis and Bibbs leaving notes on the couple’s door threatening to kill Kevin Frank, 30, Kiara McPherson, 29, and the pair’s children.

During the February 13 encounter at The Worthington development, Davis and Bibbs both allegedly brandished a firearm and threatened to kill Frank and McPherson “with a gun for being too noisy,” according to a court filing.

Click on the link for the full article

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don’t need anymore friends. 

All my friends live in other states. it’s actually great! I can text when need to and we see each other once every year or two. It’s perfect.

People want to hang out, but ain’t nobody got time for that. I rather be home playing with my dogs or playing music. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

All my friends live in other states. it’s actually great! I can text when need to and we see each other once every year or two. It’s perfect.

People want to hang out, but ain’t nobody got time for that. I rather be home playing with my dogs or playing music. 

Same, except all of my friends are here.  Nobody's got time for anything.  They have their big lives, we meet for lunch occasionally (did that with my friend who ordered my mop slippers yesterday as a thanks), but I'm getting used to just being a cat lady again.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 2/19/2023 at 6:34 PM, Larry said:

Just observing.  

People who are 24-7 caregivers, don't get out and have much social interaction.  And it can seriously alter your mood.  

Which doesn't mean you're wrong, about the creepy vibe.  Just saying there might be an explanation, for some of it.  

Fair point and I didn't meant to not reply.

I would agree that this guy doesn't get much social interaction.  That said, he does seem normal in a few respects (went to college, likes to work out, etc) but that whole vibe is still there.  His mood is overall fine, he's pleasant enough to talk to. I just can't shake that vibe and I feel a little bad about feeling that way because I usually try to look for the best in people (except TTB who's irredeemable).

• 1 month later...