Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Neighbors and The AITA thread.

Spaceman Spiff

• 1 month later...

Couple ordered to demolish £80,000 extension that touches neighbour's land by 68mm

A couple who built an extension two and a half inches into their neighbour's land have been told to demolish the £80k addition to their home.

Shabaz Ashraf, 45, and his wife Shakira, 40, were also handed a £200,000 legal bill for their troubles after their neighbours took them to court over the 68mm-long incursion into their garden. Neighbours Avtar Dhinjan and his wife Balvinder complained that the extension to the Ashraf's £700,000 home was "encroaching" into their space.

The Mirror reports that the roof overhang into the Dhinjan's garden was around 98mm, or 3.86 inches. The Dhinjans claimed the Ashrafs "intended to annoy" them with the invasion of their garden and had even told them to 'go to court'; the new extension was built to replace an ageing one constructed in the 1970s.

The argument over the home in Ridgeway Gardens, Redbridge, north London, began in 2019 when the extension was built. Central London County Court heard that the extension was making the Dhinjans' home damp and "mouldy" because there was no room for air circulation outside.

They pleaded with the judge for an injunction requiring the Ashrafs to tear down the encroaching wall. Judge Richard Roberts has accepted the request, and hit out at the "high-handed" couple for "trespassing", ordering them to knock down the offending wall and move it back.

Click on the link for the full article

• 2 weeks later...

Vegan’s letter asking neighbor to close his windows when he cooks meat hit with backlash

A bizarre neighborhood dispute has erupted in Perth’s northern suburbs.

And it’s over the smell of food …

On behalf of their vegan family members, a Burns Beach resident has written to their neighbor asking they close their window when cooking their “sickening” meat — PerthNow reports.

The upset writer presented the letter with “PLEASE TAKE SERIOUSLY” written on the front of the envelope containing the request.

The letter submitted to Hey Perth on Facebook begins: “Hello neighbor, could you please shut your side window when cooking?”

“My family is vegan — we eat only plant-based foods — and the smell of the meat you cook makes us feel sick and upset.”

“We would appreciate your understanding — thanks. Sarah, Wayne, and kids.”

The letter has garnered hundreds of reactions from users on Facebook, primarily dumbfounded by what they’ve read.

Click on the link for the full story

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Man Accused of Injecting Substance Into Neighbor’s Home Is Charged

A former chemistry student is facing multiple felony charges after a neighbor said he caught him on camera using a vial and syringe to insert an unknown substance through his condominium apartment’s door in Tampa, Fla.

Xuming Li, who was enrolled in a Ph.D. program at the University of South Florida, had been making noise complaints about the apartment of Umar Abdullah, for more than a year, Mr. Abdullah said in a phone interview on Sunday. The university said in a statement that Mr. Li was no longer enrolled and that his last term was this summer.

The complaints went on for months, but it wasn’t until May that a chemical smell was noticed in Mr. Abdullah’s apartment, he said. The mystery odor, which caused Mr. Abdullah’s family to experience breathing difficulties and burning eyes, eventually led Mr. Abdullah to place a concealed camera that recorded a man who appeared to be Mr. Li crouching outside the door on June 27.

According to a police affidavit, the video camera captured Mr. Li on two occasions using a syringe to inject the substances under the door. Preliminary hazmat testing on the scene indicated that methadone and hydrocodone, both opioids, were involved, the affidavit said. Samples are undergoing more thorough testing.

• 2 weeks later...

78-year-old allegedly shoots, kills neighbor who was trimming trees along their property lines

A 78-year-old Florida man allegedly shot and killed his neighbor who was trimming trees along their property lines, authorities said.

The shooting was reported around 7:13 p.m. Sunday in DeLeon Springs, about 45 miles north of Orlando, the Volusia Sheriff's Office said.

Brian Ford, 42, was trimming tree limbs along the fence line between two properties when his neighbor, 78-year-old Edward Druzolowski, confronted him, according to the sheriff's office.

Druzolowski later told police that he threatened to shoot, and when his neighbor didn't leave, he shot him, the sheriff's office said.

Druzolowski was arrested for second-degree murder, authorities said.

In a call to 911, Druzolowski's wife said her husband "just meant to scare him," according to court documents.

In Druzolowski's interview with police, he said he approached Ford and told him "to get off his property and Brian said something to the effect of, 'mind your business' followed by some cuss words," according to court documents.

Druzolowski said he pointed his gun at Ford, and Ford then allegedly "said something like, 'You are pointing a gun at me, are you going to shoot me?' and moved closer," according to court documents.

Druzolowski said he told Ford to get off his property and Ford kept moving closer, court documents said.

The 78-year-old told police he then said, "'Stop right now or I'll shoot!'"

Druzolowski told investigators "Brian kept walking closer to him and that's when he pulled the trigger for the first time," according to court documents. "He said his firearm holds 6 rounds in the cylinder, but he keeps the first two empty for safety reasons. He stated Brian heard the gun click and continued to advance towards him, so he pulled the trigger the second time. He advised this time the firearm went off and he shot Brian."

• 2 weeks later...

Man who threatened to kill neighbors is sentenced — and sent right back home across the street from his victims

Jerome Mulligan, 41, has been sentenced for threatening to kill his neighbors, but will not serve a single day in prison. Instead, he’ll going to be right back where he started – across the street from his victims.

After pleading guilty to retaliation against a witness or victim and a misdemeanor charge of terroristic threats, he is set to spend nine months on house arrest and five years on probation. There is a no-contact order throughout his sentence.

“It’s very on edge to live here,” one of those neighbors, Tyler Rupert, told Pittsburgh NBC affiliate WPXI in a Wednesday report.

Mulligan and Rupert’s family live across the street from each other in the local borough of Seven Fields, Pennsylvania. Rupert says Mulligan surprisingly started threatening his family in incidents last year.

“One call, and you’re dead,” Mulligan said in one such incident, according to The Cranberry Eagle. “Your family is dead.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Full on AITA moment here for you all.

Walking the pups the other day we took a route that was a street over from our house that I never walk or drive. Saw this ugliness (mind you it's directly across from the elementary school).

June-2022.jpg

The pic doesn't really do it justice since it's from Google maps circa June 2022. Seems wrong that someone can just park an RV on their front yard, right???

But it gets worse. According to Google maps, May 2011 (12+ years ago), it looked like this.

May-2011.jpg

So am I being a Karen on this? 

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Full on AITA moment here for you all.

Walking the pups the other day we took a route that was a street over from our house that I never walk or drive. Saw this ugliness (mind you it's directly across from the elementary school).

The pic doesn't really do it justice since it's from Google maps circa June 2022. Seems wrong that someone can just park an RV on their front yard, right???

So am I being a Karen on this? 

Thinking it looks like **** doesn't make you a Karen. Did you mean calling code enforcement over it? 

2 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Thinking it looks like **** doesn't make you a Karen. Did you mean calling code enforcement over it? 

More wondering if I am the only one who has a problem with it (or if I am the asshole here). 

I do know that no vehicles can be parked on the lawn in my city, but code enforcement is selective (to be nice) in enforcing it. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

38 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

More wondering if I am the only one who has a problem with it (or if I am the asshole here). 

I do know that no vehicles can be parked on the lawn in my city, but code enforcement is selective (to be nice) in enforcing it. 

Is your issue an RV parked in the driveway?

30 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Is your issue an RV parked in the driveway?

Dude, that's their yard. 😁

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Is that the only house in your area that has an RV? We have many in our neighborhood. That’s the counterpoint to not having an HOA. I’d rather not have an HOA. At least the RV is on the property and not parked on the street.

No, we have a neighbor that pays for parking of their RV at a location remotely.  They occasionally will park it on the side of their house for a day or two when they use it. My issue is that it's a permanent fixtures at that house's front yard. Apparently for 12+ years now. 

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Seems like it shouldn't be a big deal if you almost never see it and can evidently completely avoid it.  

Especially if I no have plans to sell (assuming neighborhood values would ever be depressed by this or other unkept exteriors of houses). 

• Like 1