Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

Rodgers should have taken a knee in the backfield.  Then call timeout with 5 seconds left or so and throw a hail-mary.  No need to give Dallas the ball.

5 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Aaron Jones looks shaky here in crunch time.  That was a really bad fumble.  Looks off.

While he was rumbling down the field, I was noting him carrying the ball  in the inside-arm, which exposes it more to defender punches.  Sure enough, punch and pop, out comes the ball.

5 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

While he was rumbling down the field, I was noting him carrying the ball  in the inside-arm, which exposes it more to defender punches.  Sure enough, punch and pop, out comes the ball.

He kind of ran up on the back of his blockers on that run, then spun it outside really fast and it looked like he forgot about the pursuit defender that was chasing him and that was the guy that punched it out.

It seemed like a really basic and out of character mistake from him.  Like maybe he got stunned by the contact either running into the back of his OL or maybe from an earlier play.

10 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

He kind of ran up on the back of his blockers on that run, then spun it outside really fast and it looked like he forgot about the pursuit defender that was chasing him and that was the guy that punched it out.

It seemed like a really basic and out of character mistake from him.  Like maybe he got stunned by the contact either running into the back of his OL or maybe from an earlier play.

He did seem to kinda pull up at the end of that run as if he had made it to the boundary.

4 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Packer defense has zero pressure. DO they have any sacks today?

Our top pass rusher, Rashan Gary, was lost for the season last week.  That doesn't help.

Edited by PokerPacker

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m still wondering why the cowboys went for it on 4th.  

I thought it made sense. The FG is only about a 50% chance. I think the odds of converting were better than that. And if you miss, you give GB good field position. And if you make it, you not only don’t win on the spot, but you enable the Packers to be in position where they know in advance that they are going for it on fourth down. It’s almost like giving them an extra play.