Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

4 minutes ago, dunfer said:

Problem with Kirk here was we didn’t get to him before his rookie contract was due. 
Once a guy is getting tagged I dont see how you have any leverage for trade.  
Our biggest **** up back then was trading so much future for griffin. It was an enormous whiff 

According to Jay and Mike Jones who talked to Shanny about it directly, we could have gotten their first round pick and change that off season for Kirk.  SF ultimately took Nick Bosa with that pick who is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

15 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Division titles? Rivera has as many division titles as Kirk has in Minnesota.

Agreed. You don't just keep a stat padder and regular season hero on big money for the sake of it. He's a complete melter in prime time and the play offs, his brain freezes and he makes shocking decisions. 

Kurt may have been better than the dross we've had to endure for so long, but that doesn't make him a big game elite qb. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For the Bills to get to the SB, Josh Allen needs to play better than he did today, a 26 QBR with 2 picks, 2 fumbles.  I wasn't really blown away by the Bills today.  And maybe I've been watching the wrong games for them this season and that has colored my impression but its a not a team that feels to me like a SB team.  They are very good don't get me wrong but they don't feel to me juggernaut level good.  

I suspect Cincy is KC's biggest threat.

Yes other teams have good defenses in the mix.  But SF IMO is a notice above.  Gave up 16 points a game.  Closest to that is the Bills who gave up 18. Cincy gave up 20.  But its not SF's top stats that get me about them but their defense is so balanced, they got everything, the pass rush, run stopping ability, elite LBs, CBs would be their weakness but they aren't bad.

Allen had some bad luck in that game.  He had a beautiful 50 yard pass that #10 let hit the ground.  He had a second TD to Knox who dropped it.  His second INT hit Beasley’s shoulder pad.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

According to Jay and Mike Jones who talked to Shanny about it directly, we could have gotten their first round pick and change that off season for Kirk.  SF ultimately took Nick Bosa with that pick who is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL. 

We might have taken Bosa but then Manusky would have Manuskiied and he would have ended up kennard lang. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

There's been some talk a big reason the Vikings defense is so bad is because how much Kirk is taking from the cap...

To an extent, that's not his fault, but he wasn't who he is now when I said "no" to bringing him back, and would stick with that decision because of the untold ramifications on what we would've been able to put around him.

This season is as good as I've ever seen Kirk, for him to get knocked out first round anyway speaks volumes to this growing problem around QB contracts in the NFL.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

As for this game having a bearing on our team.  Supposedly Greg Roman is on Ron's radar for offensive coordinator.  I get the vibe he might be canned if they lose.

I haven't really followed Roman's career arc that closely but at times I have paid attention.  He was seen as a RO innovator in SF and then initially in Baltimore got a lot of props for creating an unconventional offense with Lamar and their big TEs, 13 personnel, etc.

Now judging by twitter, many Raven fans hate him.  :ols:

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

According to Jay and Mike Jones who talk to Shanny about it directly, we could have gotten their first round pick and change that off season for Kirk.  SF took Nick Bosa with that pick who is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL. 

A player on a 1 year contract makes his own deals. Same with Trent. Bruce would just wait until it’s too late with some hope he could resign them

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for this game having a bearing on our team.  Supposedly Greg Roman is on Ron's radar for offensive coordinator.  I get the vibe he might be canned if they lose.

I haven't really followed Roman's career arc that closely but at times I have paid attention.  He was seen as a RO innovator in SF and then initially in Baltimore got a lot of props for creating an unconventional offense with Lamar and their big TEs, 13 personnel, etc.

Now judging by twitter, many Raven fans hate him.  :ols:

We could do a lot worse than Roman at OC.  Wouldn’t mind him at all.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Allen had some bad luck in that game.  He had a beautiful 50 yard pass that #10 let hit the ground.  He had a second TD to Knox who dropped it.  His second INT hit Beasley’s shoulder pad.

I watched the whole game, I think he was OK but I didn't think he was hot.  The Dolphins defense isn't that good.  Allen has had some stinker games this year and some like today where he was just OK.  If I focus purely on his tools, he blows me away.  Strongest arm in the NFL.  But can be inconsistent and turnover prone.

The Bills barely beat the Dolphins playing with a third string QB.  IMO they need to play better if they are going to get by KC. 

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

We could do a lot worse than Roman at OC.  Wouldn’t mind him at all.

I haven't dived into it in a big way.  But yeah on the surface, I'd be good with it, too. 

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We might have taken Bosa but then Manusky would have Manuskiied and he would have ended up kennard lang. 

Lang could stop the run well.

Edited by Skinsinparadise