Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2022 - {{SUPERBOWL 57}} ~ THE CHIEFS vs. THE EAGLES

zCommander

2 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Right! He choked again...and that is the facts

It’s really insincere and makes you kind of a fraud if you’re going to act like you wouldn’t sign up for division titles, 12 win seasons, 4500 yards 30TDs etc. we all know you would. 

Must be your defense mechanism to act like that level of QB play is somehow beneath your Washington team and their stellar QB play lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, dunfer said:

He is a good qb, just overpaid for how “good” he is, which is self destructive 

$36M cap hit next year and $49 of released or traded.  So.  They get to do it all over again.  

Then they could let him walk.  

Though they are going to get hit with a 12.5 cap hit in 2024 regardless.  

I really wish we had found a way to keep Kirk after 2015 for a salary that was reasonable.  Hindsight being 20/20, even paying him the money he got would have been better than the drek we’ve had since but it’s a very, very, very low bar.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Thought the refs had a pretty good game up until that call.

I'm talking about the entire year across all games.  I agree it wasn't bad in this game until that call but that call could have led to a Vikes win, why are they throwing that flag unless they are 100% sure its a penalty.  We see these calls in every game every week and its frustrating regardless of the teams involved.

Don't make calls that can change the momentum of a game unless its egregious, especially in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's the team, the Vikings that I and some others really wanted the Commanders to play in the playoffs.  Watching this game, assuming it would have been Howell and not Heinicke, I think we'd have won, too.    Heinicke was horrendous against the Vikings yet we still had a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. 

I’m fairness, he was horrendous in every start and they somehow won 6 of them.

The Giants have rebuilt their team 2-3 times in the past decade and have lapped us to playoff runs/winning records. This **** is so embarrassing. FOH with that 3-5 year plan Riverboat is pedaling. The game has passed him by and he doesnt have the guts or innovation/imagination to have be a serious team. Whether it's direction or coaching hires. Daboll came in there in year 1 and wrecked shop and his team players with his swagger and his fire.

Really wanted NY to lose as they've become my most annoying NFCE foe, but i also relish and in fraud ass Kirky Dirk laying a royal turd on a nationally televised playoff game. The amount of money that's been thrown at that man for him to continually **** the bed when it counts is astounding. 13-4 record and to go out like that (that last playcall was on McConnell to but we're dragging Kurt right now). Cant even blame him honestly, these teams are the ones offering the bag and getting played.

Next Up: DAL vs Bucs and Philly vs Giants. Hmmm, what is missing there? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

It’s really insincere and makes you kind of a fraud if you’re going to act like you wouldn’t sign up for division titles, 12 win seasons, 4500 yards 30TDs etc. we all know you would. 

Must be your defense mechanism to act like that level of QB play is somehow beneath your Washington team and their stellar QB play lol. 

Division titles? Rivera has as many division titles as Kirk has in Minnesota.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

$36M cap hit next year and $49 of released or traded.  So.  They get to do it all over again.  

Then they could let him walk.  

Though they are going to get hit with a 12.5 cap hit in 2024 regardless.  

I really wish we had found a way to keep Kirk after 2015 for a salary that was reasonable.  Hindsight being 20/20, even paying him the money he got would have been better than the drek we’ve had since but it’s a very, very, very low bar.  

We are dead last in QBR post Kirk.  Not just bad QB play, awful.  Not to mention all the wasted cap space and draft picks to earn that dead last distinction

Like Kirk or not like Kirk they blew it with either perspective, they could have gotten a ransom for Kirk.  3rd round comp pick was a joke. 

Hopefully, Howell is the answer.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think the 49ers can beat an AFC team.  

Eh…. I’m not sure.  I would love to see the 49ers vs KC, the Bills or Cincy.  

All of them have good offenses.

I just feel like eventually somebody will force Purdy into mistakes.  Even with Kyle’s offensive genius.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm talking about the entire year across all games.  I agree it wasn't bad in this game until that call but that call could have led to a Vikes win, why are they throwing that flag unless they are 100% sure its a penalty.  We see these calls in every game every week and its frustrating regardless of the teams involved.

Don't make calls that can change the momentum of a game unless its egregious, especially in the playoffs.

Oh, I agree.  This game had great flow because there weren’t constant flags.  Calls were reversed quickly without challenges.  It was great. But the penalty on Lawrence was terrible and could have changed the outcome of the game.

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Eh…. I’m not sure.  I would love to see the 49ers vs KC, the Bills or Cincy.  

All of them have good offenses.

I just feel like eventually somebody will force Purdy into mistakes.  Even with Kyle’s offensive genius.

If I was a wagering type I'd put money on SF over Buffalo without much reservation. 

Cincy is interesting.  I am watching tonight. I havent watched much of Cincy this season. 

I've watched enough Buffalo and SF this season to feel comfortable to to believe SF is the better team IMHO.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The thing is, it’s not Mahomes or Allen vs. Purdy.  Just like it was never Peyton vs. Tom.

It’s Mahomes/Allen vs that 49ers defense.  

i love Mahomes but I think he would struggle with that 49er defense. We saw it already

in the SB he did win with a crazy play late. And even if he didn’t, the Chiefs defense is not equipped to stop SF. I don’t think Buffalo or Cincy is either regardless of how good their QBs are. Thought before going into postseason that it was SFs to lose being so loaded and healthy finally and nothing so far has changed my mind 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m fairness, he was horrendous in every start and they somehow won 6 of them.

That one was a special level of horrendous and I'll double down on that considering the horrendous defense they played who were lit up by other struggiling QBs that season

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We are dead last in QBR post Kirk.  Not just bad QB play, awful.  Not to mention all the wasted cap space and draft picks to earn that dead last distinction

Like Kirk or not like Kirk they blew it with either perspective, they could have gotten a ransom for Kirk.  3rd round comp pick was a joke. 

I used to say I wouldn’t have paid Kirk what the Vikings did.  And I still wouldn’t really want to.  Because he’s stealing money. 

But I think having the 10th best QB except in prime time, even at that salary, would be better than what we’ve had to suffer through, and it’s not close.

They messed up when they franchised him the first time.  They needed to make a deal no matter what.  

When they didn’t get a deal done, they should have traded him immediately for anything they could have gotten.

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i love Mahomes but I think he would struggle shins that 49er defense. And even if he didn’t, the Chiefs defense is not equipped to stop SF. I don’t think Buffalo or Cincy is either regardless of how good their QBs are. Thought before going into postseason that it was SFs to lose being so loaded and healthy finally and nothing so far has changed my mind 

I think the equalizer would be if a Mahomes, Allen or Burrow just had “that” game when they play out of their minds.  Good offense beats good defense.  The Chiefs in particular could run up and down the field on anybody.  

They might not.  But they have the potential to.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I could care less about stats. KC stabbed Jay in the back after Jay stuck his neck out and promoted him over RG3. I don't like the man.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Problem with Kirk here was we didn’t get to him before his rookie contract was due. 
Once a guy is getting tagged I dont see how you have any leverage for trade.  
Our biggest **** up back then was trading so much future for griffin. It was an enormous whiff 

For the Bills to get to the SB, Josh Allen needs to play better than he did today, a 26 QBR with 2 picks, 2 fumbles.  I wasn't really blown away by the Bills today.  And maybe I've been watching the wrong games for them this season and that has colored my impression but its a not a team that feels to me like a SB team.  They are very good don't get me wrong but they don't feel to me juggernaut level good.  

I suspect Cincy is KC's biggest threat.

Yes other teams have good defenses in the mix.  But SF IMO is a notice above.  Gave up 16 points a game.  Closest to that is the Bills who gave up 18. Cincy gave up 20.  But its not SF's top stats that get me about them but their defense is so balanced, they got everything, the pass rush, run stopping ability, elite LBs, CBs would be their weakness but they aren't bad.

• Like 1