Love Ramirez. There are some really good-looking day 3 Edge players, IMO:

Dylan Hornton

Lonnie Phelps

BJ Thompson

Andre Jones

Jeremiah Martin

Jared Ivey

Ferris State? Caleb something or other

So far my favorite late round pass-rusher tweener type is Yasir Abdullah.  A dude I've talked about before.

If they want a Reddick type coming off the edge and don't want to grab that guy early -- so far Abdullah would be my guy among those late rounders. 

I know @Koolblue13 in paticular is with me on wanting that LB style pass rusher who doesn't have their hand in the dirt.  He likes Nolan Smith as do I and most here.  Will Mcdonald IMO fits that role well too among some others.

But if its late in the draft, I really like this guy in that type of role.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

Big fan of Abdullah too. That Louisville team has some good under the radar type players. Will McDonald. yeah he's real good. If he is able to take his game to another level he will be a terror off the edge. I underrated him to an extent. 

Yeah he and Diaby, another dude I've hyped were really good.    Odd for a team like that to have bookend good edge rushers.  I am thinking Diaby goes earlier than Abdullah because of his size.  

• Like 2

Keim's pick coming up. I am guessing  Daniel Wright or Deonte Banks -- probably Wright.   If he goes elsewhere it would really get my attention. Dark horse pick Anton Harrison

Edit:

So Keim indeed goes with Darnell Wright, more smoke right now around him than other players in the first round for this team.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Holy moly! Diaby ran a 4.51 40 at over 260 lbs!

Yeah freakish.  I see him now in the third in some mocks.  Backed when I hyped him, he seemed to be regardled more of a mid to late round type.  But no more.  Now, his teammate, Abdullah, is the late rounder in the mocks.  Here are the edge's numbers

Screen Shot 2023-04-25 at 7.57.27 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am ok with B. Jones, he's a bit raw for my taste but could ride with it.  He's one of the few tackles from what I recall that they have not met with.

I am good with Wright.  I like Anton even more.   I used to say Bergeron is my tackle at 47 and after him, no one excited me.  But like I've said, seems like the buzz is Bergeron is going earlier. 

Don't love but was ok with what i saw from Avila.  I can ride with it because from the jump I said i like him better at center.  He's a big dude with position flex.  I like Tippman -- i wish he was better at sustaining blocks in the run game, but he's one of the rare centers in this class who is a physical freak.  Stromberg does everything well, he's going to be on my guys list. But he doesn't get much love -- including from McGinn's scouts.

Mauch and D. Washington as I've been saying on and off for eons would bring some nasty to this offense especially on the 2nd level.  Both players are also on my guys list.  I've narrowed it down to 18. :ols:

IMO B player both in pass protection and run game.  Solid pick.  I like him from the context of his size.  it's for the same reason why I could be sold on Avila even though I didn't dig him when watching him -- clunky feet.  But the draft media seems to love Avila.  Part of it is he comes off as a good dude-articulate in the interviews I've watched,

Really good player IMO.   9.5 RAS.  Had the best numbers in this group as for giving up pressure rate. 

Bradford to me is boom-bust, sort of a rich man's Mafi IMO. 

Really solid IMO.  In the third round range i like Zavala and Steen -- both IMO high floor players and then after them all the high floor guards are gone.

He is my 2nd rated tackle as a player, as i know he is for others here.  for me its all about the other stuff and for that i'll trust this FO.  No way IMO for us to know.

Wypler is good IMO.  i like a bunch of these guys -- Tipplan, Stromberg, JMS.  Further down the draft:  Forsyth, Scruggs, Olu

Remember, just because they didn't meet with B Jones doesn't mean they don't like him. I do think they like Darnell better, he is ready to go. I like him a lot more as well.

@KDawgnailed Stromberg quite a while ago. To me he came out of no where lol. 

Can't believe you were able to whittle the list all the way to 18....that must have hurt your brain :ols:

Mauch brings what EB and RR wants, great fit and grit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure I get the point.  TE could be the highest on the board in a number of rounds, or not at 16, or something else?

with the importance of positions like QB, Edge rusher, OT, WR, CB it's just hard to imagine going through all the top people at those positions by 16

18 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

They are going to want/hope he can start at LG then move to RT more than likely. 

Listening to Keim, I stand corrected, looks like Wright would be at RT and they'd move Whyle.

30 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Remember, just because they didn't meet with B Jones doesn't mean they don't like him. I do think they like Darnell better, he is ready to go. I like him a lot more as well.

@KDawgnailed Stromberg quite a while ago. To me he came out of no where lol. 

Can't believe you were able to whittle the list all the way to 18....that must have hurt your brain :ols:

Mauch brings what EB and RR wants, great fit and grit

Love @KDawg's takes.  I got Stromberg even before he did, not that it matters.  :ols:  He's been first on plenty of others including Bergeron, McBride, etc.  Not that it matters.   We both like those players.   But you said "quite awhile ago" in response to my post as if I am later to the game on Stromberg.   

Stromberg is not a newish one for me.  Stromberg and Pace were among my earliest pushes but clearly I wasn't compelling enough with those pushes at the time.  Probably too early in the process.   But got a special hankering for the players I hit early -- Stromberg is one of those for me, too.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah he and Diaby, another dude I've hyped were really good.    Odd for a team like that to have bookend good edge rushers.  I am thinking Diaby goes earlier than Abdullah because of his size.  

Diaby, Abdullah, Diabate and Ramirez for me later...one of those would be a nice fit

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to Keim, I stand corrected, looks like Wright would be at RT and they'd move Whyle.

Love @KDawg's takes.  But I got Stromberg before he did, not that it matters, just like Pace.  :ols:  but he's been first on plenty of others including Bergeron, McBride, etc.  Not that it matters. But you say "quite awhile ago" I did it even longer ago. :ols:. Stromberg and Pace were among my earliest pushes but clearly I wasn't compelling enough with those pushes at the time.  Probably too early in the process. 

Well, I guess I got it wrong with Stromberg and Pace sorry SIP....don't take it personal 🤣

Wright is the natural guy to start at RT but I thought they were firm on Gates at C and Whyle at RT

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I agree. 

Leno

Cosmi
Gates

Wylie

Wright

Me, too.  But have heard in other podcasts, mentioning Wright moving to guard.  So I guess that was clarified to him.

More from Keim.  This is the most his spilled about the draft. 

A.  He knows they like Wright, would they take him at 16 probably

B.  They like Matthew Bergeron later on.  Mentioned Anton Harrison in a trade back.

C. Would take Wright over Banks.  Like the depth at corner.

D.  They probably wouldn't take Kincaid but after the first round TE in play

E.  Wouldn't take Joey Porter

F.  Wouldn't take B. Robinson ay 16. Or Will Levis who was there on the board during the ESPN show.

G. They really like Witherspoon and would probably take him on the off chance he fell to 16.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love @KDawg's takes.  I got Stromberg even before he did, not that it matters.  :ols:  He's been first on plenty of others including Bergeron, McBride, etc.  Not that it matters.   We both like those players.   But you said "quite awhile ago" in response to my post as if I am later to the game on Stromberg.   

Stromberg is not a newish one for me.  Stromberg and Pace were among my earliest pushes but clearly I wasn't compelling enough with those pushes at the time.  Probably too early in the process.   But got a special hankering for the players I hit early -- Stromberg is one of those for me, too.

I'm not sure you were first on Stromberg or Bergeron. But, quite honestly, being first doesn't matter at all :ols:

• Thumb up 1

Not having a high pick has been a weird kinda relaxing. Not being plugged in, not stressing over filtering thru smokescreens. It was nice this year.

I want a first round selection on Offense. Gimmie a O lineman or a TE and I'm good. Don't really care who honestly. If something crazy and unexpected happens at QB I wouldn't blame them for a move there either.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm not sure you were first on Stromberg or Bergeron. But, quite honestly, being first doesn't matter at all :ols:

Agree, it doesn't matter. I am almost certain I was first on Stromberg.  i recall your first post on it where you said i don't know why more people arent talking about him and I told you dude I wrote a longish post on him a few weeks before.  He was one of the first players I looked at.  

As for Bergeron, I said the opposite. i said you were the first on Bergeron, not me.  And by a good margin, it took me awhile to watch him.

I only responded in that way because he was responding to one of my own posts -- bringing you up and saying you got that one long ago.   So I gave a friendly reminder i was on him long ago myself.   :ols:

I meant it in a playful way, not edgy.  

11 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I think it's more likely to be Leno, Wylie, Gates, Cosmi, Wright. Cosmi & Wright on the right side would be excellent. Leno could use Wylie next to him more than Wright - IMO.

That's a very good point!  Nevertheless, Wright should be the pick, IMO.

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, it doesn't matter. I am almost certain I was first on Stromberg.  i recall your first post on it where you said i don't know why more people arent talking about him and I told you dude I wrote a longish post on him a few weeks before.  He was one of the first players I looked at.  

As for Bergeron, I said the opposite. i said you were the first on Bergeron, not me.  And by a good margin, it took me awhile to watch him.

I only responded in that way because he was responding to one of my own posts -- bringing you up and saying you got that one long ago.   So I gave a friendly reminder i was on him long ago myself.   :ols:

I meant it in a playful way, not edgy.  

Listen, I love when we agree. Gives me a good reassurance.

And when we don’t agree it’s a little disheartening. Then I try to deep dive why you’re wrong :ols:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Well, I guess I got it wrong with Stromberg and Pace sorry SIP....don't take it personal 🤣

lol, don't worry its just if you are going to bring someone else up as to being on that player for a long time especially in response to me.  I'll give a friendly reminder I am not a newbee to that player if it applies, that's all.

There are plenty of players though i am high on that I watched recenty.  I am just about done with my guys list.  And yeah like I said once -- I do have a quirky special favoritism to players I watched early in the process.:ols:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Listen, I love when we agree. Gives me a good reassurance.

And when we don’t agree it’s a little disheartening. Then I try to deep dive why you’re wrong :ols:

i hope you do a my guys list.  I bet we have some overlap.   Obviously Stromberg, Pace in the mix for me. I'll post mine tomorrow. 

Trying to think of a major disagreement this season, usually we got a player or two.  I know Doran Thompson-Robinson :ols: but that's a late rounder so boring argument -- I see him as a late 6th round flier.

Our O line takes are similar off the top of my head.  We are both higher than most on Mauch, Bergeron. Neither love Avila.  i think you are though more down on Avila than me.  I think I am slightly higher on Anton Harrison if I recall.  I don't recall if you have a take on Zavala.

As for Stromberg, we both like him.  But I get the vibe i might like some of the other centers a little more than you do. 

Both love Jack Campbell.  You liked Henley so do I -- and you were on him first.   I think we both aren't as high as some on Drew Sanders.

I think you are a little higher on Joey Porter.  I pushed DJ Turner, don't recall if you had a take on him.  DJ Turner is the other dude I feel some favoritism towards -- watched early in the process.

We both like Laporta, high on Darnell Washington.  I think you are more of a Charlie Jones guy, but i like him too.

2 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Isn’t Wylie significantly better at T then at G? 
I thought his metrics stated as much. 

Really hoping we get to trade down or someone else falls to us. Don’t love the OL shuffle for an RT.  It is what it is I guess, would just love a different option. 

Some have said including Logan Paulsen that he's a better guard.

• Like 1