Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

16 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

This dude shouldn’t be left home alone without supervision. Maybe put in those baby safe plugs in the electrical outlets too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Elon Musk Promises to Lift X Ban on Neo-Nazi Leader

Controversial billionaire and X owner, Elon Musk, vowed to allow avowed neo-Nazi Nick Fuentes back onto his platform on Thursday. Fuentes, the leader of the so-called Groyper Army, has been banned from the platform since 2021 and is infamous for his violent and bigoted rhetoric.

Fuentes has long been active on the far-right in American politics and in the past has hosted a conference meant to be counter-programming to CPAC, which included speeches by Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) and Paul Gosar (R-AZ).

Fuentes also dined with Donald Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort days after the former president announced his 2024 presidential campaign as a guest of anti-Semitic rapper Kanye West. Fuentes and West also later appeared on Alex Jones’s InfoWars where West declared his affinity for Hitler, a regular talking point of Fuentes – who has denied the Holocaust and called for non-Christians to be executed.

Musk replied to one of Fuentes’s followers on Thursday demanding to know why the “free speech absolutist” hasn’t lifted the ban. “Very well, he will be reinstated, provided he does not violate the law, and let him be crushed by the comments and Community Notes,” Musk replied, adding:

It is better to have anti whatever out in the open to be rebutted than grow simmering in the darkness.

Click on the link for the full article

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m convinced Tesla has solved fsd based on my usage of it. I have driven about 100 miles on fsd with zero interventions. Some times I press the gas pedal to get it to turn faster than it wants too.

Well, if CousinsCowgirl--a known Musk skeptic--is convinced, that's all I need to hear!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Saw a cyber truck for the first time in the wild today on a interstate.

My first impression was that someone had customized a large kitchen fridge to travel down the road.

It looks so clunky and ****ing ridiculous.

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

My first impression was that someone had customized a large kitchen fridge to travel down the road.

It looks like it was designed by someone who played too much Minecraft.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Die Hard said:

It looks like it was designed by someone who played too much Minecraft.

Actually, it was designed thirtyish years before minecraft.  Curtis Brubaker, Oct. 1978 Penthouse Magazine:

avoyoAE_460s.jpg.0781f147b52674ca8dc4e5b14b8f2cb7.jpg

Anything seem familiar?

I guess Musk really did read the articles...

edit: It just occurred to me that of all the 1970's magazines that predicted what 2020 would be like, e.g. Popular Mechanics, turns out Penthouse was bang on.

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Everyone knows that, though, so its less funny : )

Yall really thought a dude that drives a Doritos shaped ev would be great at off-roading?

image.jpeg.9a78526a5f0eca02abbc64ceac3e9596.jpeg

This looks like the bod of 4x4 prowess?  

Edit: or wait…. Do yall think any f150 can just roll up on some sand without any preparation and not get stuck?

Let me introduce you to Corolla Beach Idiots

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057491767631

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

I saw my first one parked outside a church the other day. I didn't think it was possible but it actually looks WORSE in person.

• Haha 1

There is a strong case for securities fraud based on these claims in 2016. One key reason for Tesla’s high valuation was the idea that with Full Self Driving they would make ride sharing and autonomous taxis dominant, and personal car ownership a much smaller market. Following Tesla’s claims there were numerous predictions made by analysts in 2017 forecasting that 95% of trips by the end of this decade would be taken by autonomous taxi. Many investors believed that the first manufacturer with fully autonomous vehicles would own the whole road transportation market.

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I saw my first one parked outside a church the other day. I didn't think it was possible but it actually looks WORSE in person.

It was hard not to keep looking at it … it was such a design abomination. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

There is a strong case for securities fraud based on these claims in 2016. One key reason for Tesla’s high valuation was the idea that with Full Self Driving they would make ride sharing and autonomous taxis dominant, and personal car ownership a much smaller market. Following Tesla’s claims there were numerous predictions made by analysts in 2017 forecasting that 95% of trips by the end of this decade would be taken by autonomous taxi. Many investors believed that the first manufacturer with fully autonomous vehicles would own the whole road transportation market.

It was hard not to keep looking at it … it was such a design abomination. 

It depends on what they said about it internally. Eg, if outwardly they were saying 2017 but internally they thought 2025, that would be fraud. But if they were saying it internally and outwardly then fraud is much harder to prove. Being wrong isnt fraud.