Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at the Oscars

Cooked Crack

50 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Will Smith is following the Kanye West path. He’s gone from a fun kid making rap songs about summertime to a huge movie star to an out of touch, unfunny, entitled guy. He takes himself way more seriously than he needs to and it sure as **** seems like he’s wholly subservient to his wife.

Nah man, it appears that this dude is managing multiple issues right now based on his range of emotions. Kinda feel for him, but he will hear from the part of Hollywood from the streets.

Chicagoland Denzel tried to console him.

Edited by ClaytoAli

After that speech I would prefer to never hear from Will Smith again.

He is now in the same bucket of excrement for me as Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise and others with mental health issues that I have no compassion for, and no desire to watch their movies.

1 minute ago, ClaytoAli said:

Nah man, it appears that this dude is managing multiple issues right now based on his range of emotions. Kinda feel for him, but he will hear from the part of Hollywood from the streets.

Well yeah, imagine being Will Smith - an international superstar of superstars, with more money than one could ever wish for, of whom could have virtually anyone he wants at his beck and call - and look at his actual home life that's been put out there on display for the world to see.  I'd be going through some things myself.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Well yeah, imagine being Will Smith - an international superstar of superstars, with more money than one could ever wish for, of whom could have virtually anyone he wants at his beck and call - and look at his actual home life that's been put out there on display for the world to see.  I'd be going through some things myself.

He and his wife put it out there though.

image.jpeg.20ca71da946a4c319fc97f25d0738c9f.jpeg
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2198870/?ref_=ext_shr_lnk

3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Will Smith also a longtime Scientologist…which is really skeezy.

Apparently was, but is no longer (since 2015):

Are Jada and Will Smith scientologists? Truth behind resurfaced rumors

Though people have blamed Scientology for Will’s behavior at the Oscars, the truth reportedly is neither the actor nor his actress wife are now scientologists.

Also, after the March 27 incident, journalist Tony Ortega, who often writes about the Church of Scientology, tweeted: “Yeah, I figured I was going to start getting this question, so here it is: Will and Jada Smith have been out of #Scientology since at least 2015. (Jada was heavy into it, Will was a dabbler.).”

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

Dude. That's the Fresh Prince. Not Will Smith. Jeez. Morans. 

I’m sure you are joking, but what the difference between an comic actor and his joke and a comedian and his joke?

Nothing, it’s all words in jest.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

I’m sure you are joking, but what the difference between an comic actor and his joke and a comedian and his joke?

Nothing, it’s all words in jest.

That's pretty much my reaction. 

Chris Rock is a comedian for goodness sakes, and Smith did start out his acting career in a comedic role. You'd think he'd better understand what it is people like Rock do. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this doesn’t mean anything. Guy is a kid and this is 30 years ago. A lot of growth and maturity happens in that time so its unreasonable to act like he’s a hypocrite here 

That is a grown ass kid that had no problem firing the first Aunt Viv.

Man, many people are paying the price for what they did in their youth. Not saying it’s fair, but not saying he gets to eat peoples lunch either….he is/was a comic actor….tough for him.

Edited by ClaytoAli

30 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this doesn’t mean anything. Guy is a kid and this is 30 years ago. A lot of growth and maturity happens in that time so its unreasonable to act like he’s a hypocrite here 

Odd to ascribe "growth and maturity" to a man who assaults a comedian on worldwide television because he didn't like a joke about his wife. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Odd to ascribe "growth and maturity" to a man who assaults a comedian on worldwide television because he didn't like a joke about his wife. 

That was more of a general statement about people.

however, yeah I would say most anyone could look at Will Smith from 30+ years ago and a week ago and confidently say he had grown and matured over the years. That’s not a controversial statement, regardless of what happened last night 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I know I know, but I’m just saying… man the Osacars sure are lucky in this situation no? I didnt see it and don’t really care honestly, just shooting the breeze..Will and Jada have been spiraling the last few years and it’s just sad to see. 

Lucky? They were already talking about killing the award show. This isn’t what I would label as an argument to keep them…

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's actually worse to me if they really were good friends prior to last night.  A. who gets up and does something like he did, at all, to anyone, ever? but B. who the hell does that to their friend?

From reports, they were not good friends. It dates back to when Chris Rock hosted in 2016 and Will and particular Jada boycotted for racial equality in Hollywood. Rock pretty much said, how could you boycott, you weren’t invited?” 

And you’re right. Even if they were the best of friends, what happened last night would definitely put a strain on their friendship. And despite what P Diddy says, there’s no way they’ll be “cool” the next morning.