Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

17 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

This is a completely, very true story. Every syllable. No lie:

Holy crap I was reading that story, just knowing where it was going.

Homer Simpson Heart Attack GIFs | Tenor

I'd say you had the best possible response. Carson Wentz could have ended you.

Glad your well enough to take on 13 orderlys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Welp, I did not see this coming, but with this team, I should have been more prepared. I was just so moved by the whole "we're going to make a big splash in the QB market" and the articles how the team was leaving no stone unturned, and were calling every team in the league to see which QBs might be available. 

Lmao Lol GIF

2 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

I wonder what we do with #11 now? How will Wentz act if we go QB?  

Have a mental hissy fit. 

We aren’t drafting a qb that Hugh and probably won’t even a draft a qb. 

I see us resigning Allen and we go with Wentz,Allen and Heinicke.

Ron has his long term qb, in his mind. Use #11 to get more picks.

For various reasons, I didn't see a single game Wentz played with the Colts. My last time watching him was playing the Redskins a couple years ago and getting flattened because he didn't seem to feel the rush or be able to react to it. He looked done, to be honest. Like I said, though, I didn't see him with the Colts and that year's Eagles team was atrocious overall on offense.

As such, I'm a bit worried this is going to turn out like Fitzpatrick, where he gets injured right away. It's the Ashburn Way.

Edited by profusion

4 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Yup. Destino was saying we haven't had anyone in the last 20 years. This is why I was questioning him. 

Lots of cousins haters, they have their reasons but the fact remains that in the past 30 years he was our best QB...and thats fact.

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 2

Everyone blaming Wentz for the Jags loss, but the great defense gave up like 26 points to the Jags. The great OL and run game failed multiple 3rd and 1s, 4th and 1s, and 4th and goals from the goalline. Wentz had a bad pick where a LB undercut it, the other pick was a ball that went through the WRs hands that he should have caught. And there were another few drops, at least one was on a well thrown deep shot. Wentz isn't a top 10 QB right now, but he's a big upgrade for us. The Jags loss being his fault just doesn't pass muster and seems lazy. 

Edited by MisterPinstripe
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

This is a completely, very true story. Every syllable. No lie:

Last week I started feeling like I might be coming down with the flu. Saturday I felt nauseous...then started feeling some pains in the chest area...and by Saturday evening I had thrown up. About 2:30 am Sunday morning I call 911 to go to the ER cuz I cannot drive myself. Ambulance guys do the initial vitals, ask me questions, listen to my chest, etc...then one says "I'm going to be up front with you: it seems you've had a heart attack."

So glad you're alright!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Cousins also counts 45 million against the cap. I'd gladly take Wentz at 28 all day.

He's paid like a middle of the road QB, but he's better than that.

Yeah that is not how you rate a QB. Money doesn't play a role on the field though.

Edited by zCommander

This article was written after the season was over for the Colts. 

“You’ve got to get stability at the quarterback position,” general manager Chris Ballard said last week. “And that position has to play up to his potential to help the team win. Don’t get me wrong, I ain’t blaming all of this on Carson (Wentz). I’m not. Because everybody else has to do their jobs too. But the hyper-importance of that position, it’s real. You have to get consistency there. The years we’ve gotten it, have been pretty good, and we thought we had it until the end of the season.”

Carson Wentz had an up-and-down season in his first year as the Colts’ starting quarterback. He finished the season 322-of-516 (62.4%) for 3,563 yards with 27 touchdowns, seven interceptions, and a quarterback rating of 94.6. Wentz played his best football of the year in the middle of the season and certainly looked, at the time, like he was going to be the long-term answer at quarterback for Indy.

Final Assessment

The 2021 season certainly did not end the way Carson Wentz and the Colts had wanted it to. However, Wentz had plenty of bright spots throughout the year and excelled in numerous areas.

The success with RPOs and play-action was certainly aided by having Taylor in the backfield, but Wentz’s ball-handling and ability to sell the fakes gave defenses pause and helped the Colts execute these plays. The deep ball threat was something that was missing from this offense in 2020, and when used, helped make the offense more explosive.

The problem with Wentz was the volatility in his play. While the highs were very high and gave glimpses of why he has the potential to be the long-term solution at quarterback, Wentz was not near consistent enough throughout the year to make that a guarantee. The Colts need more stability out of the quarterback position and need to have confidence that their QB1 can make the plays needed to win in the clutch.

Is the talent there for Wentz to be the Colts’ quarterback of the future? Absolutely. Is the consistency and ability to perform in the clutch? 2021 says no. And now the Colts are left with a decision to give him one more year to prove himself or move on.

https://www.si.com/nfl/colts/film/wentzday-carson-wentz-good-2021-film

6 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

1.  We can still take a qb at 11

2.  Bridgewater / Winston would both be upgrades over TH.   your solution to getting a higher draft pick is to keep our roster intact and upgrade at QB?  That sounds like our record would be better, and our draft pick worse.

Again, this isn't directed at you, but for the ppl complaining about the trade, how does this prohibit us from adding another QB who will be our elite QB of the future?  I want to hear a logical plan.  Upgrading at QB with the 2 guys you mentioned and that will result in a better draft pick doesn't make sense.

Uh; we aren’t drafting a starting qb.

Wentz is the present and the future. Ron thinks he has his long term QB.

Ron may draft a backup QB in rounds 4-7 but I think he will resign Allen and go with a qb room of Wentz, Allen and Heinicke.

If Wentz doesn’t act like he did in his last 2 stops and we make the playoffs ; Ron will not be drafting a qb in 23. He will declare QB position solved and fill other needs.

Now if Wentz is the same as he was in Philly & Indy and we have a losing record; I believe Ron will not be around in 23.

Ron is betting his coaching career on Carson Wentz.

I think he will ultimately fail. It maybe good early. Heck , we may start out with a nice winning streak. Then the problems that happened in Philly and Indy; will emerge here and the team misses the playoffs and likely has a losing season.

The behavior that caused him to be on 2 teams in 2 years; will resurface as he plays for his 3rd team in 3 years.

It will be interesting to see the dynamic between Wentz and his teammates.

Apparently in Indy; it was bad right off the bat. While TH is only a 3rd stringer; our players love him. Even with him being a limited QB. They will fight for Taylor. Will they fight for Carson?

This trade only works; if Carson becomes that long term starter. If he gets discarded after one year; then it was a big time failure and Indy would’ve won big time on the trade.

Without wishing to be too reactionary its a hard sell this, I've cut Ron a lot of slack since he came in, I thought he was a safe pair of hands at a moment when the franchise desperately needed it, but we're two years in now and there's two things that really stand out

1. I once thought Ron wasn't much of a risk taker, iv come to realise he's just a plain bad one. Two big decisions in his two years stand out, he wildly over drafted Jamin Davis in a position he of all people should have known better. Now he's spent two 3rd rounders and $28m dollars of $33m available to find out if Carson Wentz can roll his ability back 4 years and complete only his second full season in what would be 7 years.

2. He's raised the floor but lowered the ceiling, this is what he does, and this move is no bigger show of that. He'll get you picking between 10 - 20 every year, Wentz will get you picking between 10 - 20 every year, its not quite the Gruden levels of disaster, but make no mistake there will be no deep play off runs. His one big success was Cam Newton with the 1st overall pick a borderline can't miss.

All this imo stems from not wanting to fall foul of the old Snyder hire and fire routine, short term mentality for his own job security leading to the stagnation of an already stagnant franchise, and when Wentz is announced officially he'll piss on our backs and tell us its raining.

Very disappointing

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Very possible it's a whiff.  We roll with Wentz in 22, if he is awful, we cut him with no cap hit, and are only down a 3rd in 23 (the 3rd in 22 is in the rear view).   Maybe he is really awful, and we get that high pick for an elite QB!! Doubt it. Odds are we are either just as mediocre as we were yesterday, or we have an upgrade at QB that makes us a playoff team.  

This deal isn't forcing us to be married to Wentz.  We may look back at it as a bad trade, but it's worth a shot IMO.

If he plays 70%, it’s a 2nd in 23. Also, we swapped 2nd round picks this year. Colts get to move up 5 slots.

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Speaking of the trade; has Carson said anything about being a Commander?

Interested to see media availability actually, for him and coaches. Did our twitter account even announce the deal?

Those are the kind of things you see when someone acquired is not meant to be the guy and another move is coming

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Speaking of the trade; has Carson said anything about being a Commander?

From memory with the Smith trade, nothing gets said until it’s official. Pretty sure he’s still a Colt until next week. Has Wilson spoke about being a Bronco?

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Interested to see media availability actually, for him and coaches. Did our twitter account even announce the deal?

Those are the kind of things you see when someone acquired is not meant to be the guy and another move is coming

Can’t until is official next week.

• Thumb up 1