Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wentz Traded to Washington for 2 3rd Rounders per Bleacher Report

Reaper Skins

6 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Man, that’s awesome.  Did Jonathan Taylor, Quentin Nelson, and their sweet defense that is propping up those numbers get dealt to Washington too?

It’s about so much more than a couple stats.  Wentz sucks.  He was on pace to be MVP before the injury with Philly and has been garbage ever since.

He was top 5 last year for 3/4 of the season without a WR1 or TE and an Oline that was shaky at times. Dislike the guy all you want, but he's a very good QB.

• Like 4
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Because Bradford wasnt a head case or locker room cancer. We'll see. Wentz melted down with the best RB in the league behind him last year. And he had Pittman at WR as well. 

Pittman is highly over rated. He's a decent #3 at best. Scary Terry is going to be the best WR Wentz has had in his career. **** Samuel's is also probably the best WR he has had in his career. Wents is 29 years old. He's not old and washed up and we didn't give up mich for a starting QB. Love this better then Trubisky, Jimmy G, Winston or and definitely better then three 1st for a almost 34 year old Wilson. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Oh look, the resident Eagle fan thinks Wentz is upper echelon and this is a brilliant move.  Shocker.

Wentz will be let go in the off-season following a 6-8 win season and Ron will be firmly on the hot seat, unless he doubles down and takes a QB at 11, which he won’t.  Heading into 23 he’ll make a flailing attempt to draft one of the top rooks and will find himself woefully short on draft capital to trade up high enough.  He’ll settle for the 5th or 6th guy off the board, have another crappy season, and the house cleaning will begin.

Bookmark this post.

Ps- anybody else’s phone changing Wentz to Wendy’s?  Should be his new nickname.

Ron will be gone if he fails to make the playoffs.

My guess we go 8-9 or 9-8 and miss the playoffs. A new regime comes in 23. 
Ron loses , betting his career on trusting Wentz.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He was top 5 last year for 3/4 of the season without a WR1 or TE and an Oline that was shaky at times. Dislike the guy all you want, but he's a very good QB.

If the list is “Ginger QBs” then yes, I’ll grant you he was top 5.  

You’re absolutely nuts and off your meds if insinuating a broad category of top 5 QB play.

• Haha 2

Jeez this franchise gets bent over on every single QB trade they make. I see why they made this trade, even though it's a bad one. Basically no one wants to come play here. They had to trade and own his rights. Had he hit the market then that would have been it. Ron's just grasping and it's sad. He didn't know what he was getting himself into when he took this this job. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

IMO he’s too insulated with all the distractions to be gone after this year unless it’s a truly horrible 1 or 2 win season.  In any case, seems we agree this move is the beginning of the end for Ron and the only question is how long.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

You’re absolutely nuts and off your meds if insinuating a broad category of top 5 QB play.

Weeks 4-16 he had the 3rd best QBR in the league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Unfortunately an upgrade is meaningless. Its elite QB play or bust in this league right now. Anyone who doesnt agree is either unaware or lying to themselves. I fear that its our FO that feels that way as well. 

But they didn't do anything to hamper themselves from getting an elite QB.  Anyone who thinks they are signing an elite QB in free agency is either unaware or lying to themselves.   Elite QBs don't hit free agency.  Even if they did, they aren't choosing to come to Washington.   The skins gave up a pair of 3rd rounders, that isn't prohibiting them from trading a haul of premium draft picks to move up in the draft and draft their franchise / elite QB if they so choose.  

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

LOL.  This is the Alex Smith trade all over again except with a worse QB.  Use up all cap space, sit out free agency, give up valuable draft picks for a guy who go can’t help but win 6-8 games, thereby cementing a draft slot that falls short of the top QBs in a good draft.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

This fan base never, ever learns.

Carson Wentz right now is definitely better than Alex Smith when we got him.  We also didn't extend him like we did the guy who had thrown for over 4,000 yards and 25 touchdowns once in his career and once went a full season without throwing a touchdown to a wide receiver.  

Edited by DJHJR86
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2

19 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think Dan realizes you can’t win without a good qb no matter who the coach is and it’s actually impressive Ron won 7 games with th. Plus his replacement would be worse bc nobody wants to come to this clown franchise. Ron will be here for the next 5+ years unless he decides to leave. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

About five years ago I lived in a duplex, I used to get blotto with the guy living above me sometimes. We were complete opposites, he was an older, white, right winger and an Eagles fan. The only thing we had in common was our very serious drinking problem. However, I will never forget what he told me before Carson Wentz even won the Super Bowl. He looked me in the eye and said with pure conviction "Carson Wentz is the best QB in the NFL". I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. I'm watching a bunch of vids on YouTube trying to hype myself up...I'm going to need a lot more videos.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I mean, he's not a good option.  But there were no good options.  It's an underwhelming but "Ok" move.  Better than paying Trubisky 10+ just to watch him be confused by simple concepts like the 'Hot Read', or 'How to spell his name'.

No, there are similar QBs at half the price. I hope I’m eating my words in the fall, but that’s not a good option. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Weeks 4-16 he had the 3rd best QBR in the league.

And?  Prime example of the meaninglessness of stats.  First of all, it’s a team game.  2nd, context matters.  Third, he did all that averaging a whopping 206 yards per game over that stretch.  But most importantly, let’s take a look at the schedule:

Miami when they were terrible

Houston twice

Jacksonville

NYJ

Easy win against SF with 150 yards passing

New England when he won throwing 12 attempts

Buffalo when he won with 106 yards bc JT went off

Arizona in total freefall 

crap game against LV

Tampa where he gave the game away with 3 turnovers

Tennessee where he gave the game away with a pick 6 in the 4th and an INT in overtime

6 times in that 13 game stretch he threw for less than 200 yards.  6!!  5 of those times he failed to break 160.

But please, tell me more about how awesome his ****ing QBR was.

What a donkey argument to make.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Birdlives said:

Clearly an act of desperation as usual. This stinks of McNabb.

Agree. They went after Wilson with 3 1’s, failed, and then panicked and overpaid for a QB who was let go by the coach under whom he had his greatest success after just 1 year. 

The McNabb comparison is valid. My first reaction was this is the QB comparison of the TJ Duckett trade. 

I’d love to play poker with this front office. They’re just not good. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Carson Wentz right now is definitely better than Alex Smith when we got him.  We also didn't extend him like we did the guy who had thrown for over 4,000 yards and 25 touchdowns once in his career and once went a full season without throwing a touchdown to a wide receiver.  

Again with stats.  Alex, who is definitely very mediocre, is light years ahead of Wentz in the “winning football games” category.  You know, the one that matters.

And I wouldn’t go bragging about not extending him just yet.  Ron might go full YOLO any second.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Top 5? Is he even the best redhead free agent QB available this off-season?

Edited by worstSeat