Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RIP Meat Loaf

ixcuincle

Truly one of the greatest performers. The entire Bat Out Of Hell album was set up a a rock opera. Great voice, commanding presence. Loved him in Rocky Horror Picture Show too. He was one of the original cast members from the Original Roxy Cast in Los Angeles when the play moved from London to the US. I think he was the only LA Only cast member (Tim Curry also played his role in London.) to make the movie. 

He was bigger than life in so many ways. Had his struggles with drugs and alcohol but got it back together. Everything I read abotu him he was one of the most generous actor/musicians there was. He helped a lot of others get going. A truly nice guy. 

RIP Marvin Lee Aday (birth name) - Michael Lee Aday - Meat Loaf. You will be sorely missed!  Thanks for the memories!    

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Heard on the radio that he had canceled stuff this week due to covid symptoms. Sad to hear about his passing, a true legend of the 70s and 80s. 

And besides..Fight Club is a gen x movie. 

Yeah, not sure if he was vaccinated or not, but he disregarded COVID precautions.

”I hug people in the middle of COVID.  I understand stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics.  And right now they’re stopping because of politics.  We had to go on the airplane with the paper masks and then on the way back, we got a Nazi: ‘Get your mask on now!’  They’re power mad now.  Oh, God.  If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled.”

7 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Yeah, not sure if he was vaccinated or not, but he disregarded COVID precautions.

”I hug people in the middle of COVID.  I understand stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics.  And right now they’re stopping because of politics.  We had to go on the airplane with the paper masks and then on the way back, we got a Nazi: ‘Get your mask on now!’  They’re power mad now.  Oh, God.  If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled.”

****ing about it isn't the same as disregarding it.  Have no idea if he was vaxxed or careful or whatever, doesn't seem to be the day to nitpick on the guy tho. 

RIP to a guy who made my life better.

• Like 3

dude burned like a nova at his peak and though like many others i dropped off after his big hit albums he kept a solid career going...listening to npr this a.m. and they had an old audio clip of him in an interview saying how he studied acting and considered himself an actor who was acting like someone who could sing and would do all his preparing for musical performances and recordings with that mindset, saying he was always working on the creating and fleshing out of a 'character' that he would play in the music...really one of the more unique pop performers of our lifetime and did leave quite a large imprint for what many at the time considered just a fun, transitory, two/three-hits, pop star...rip marvin lee aday 

• Like 5

The first concert I ever went to with my mother was Meatloaf (he was her favorite musician) I was young probably around 8 or so. I remember the show he put on was awesome, a dude parachuted down near the stage his daughter was with him and they were quite theatrical on stage throwing plates and putting on a great show it was a really awesome time.

RIP Meatloaf your songs will live on forever.

50 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Dude died of Covid

If he was trying to be an outspoken antivaxxer or COVID denier, or political in any respect, he wasn't very successful at it.  I never heard anything about his views...the way I like my entertainers.  

Plenty of non asshole people die of covid, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, in lieu of evidence to the contrary, on the day he died.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Did anyone ever figure out the one thing he wasn't going to do for love?

"But I won't get vaxxed? 

In all seriousness, love some of his music. I can appreciate someone's music and ignore the personal side of things. Ted Nugent is a good example. He's got some great music and many not so great ideas.

It seems Meatloaf suffered the ultimate irony. Hopefully him and his family will do OK without him around. By most if not all accounts, he was a nice guy. 

Edited by Busch1724
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Dude legit sold 100M albums and all the millennials can talk about is Fight Club, which sucks.  It’s insufferable.

It's insufferable that a generation of people born after Meat Loaf's musical peak remember him for a movie that's actually relevant to them?

Edited by fullnelson9999

6 hours ago, Dan T. said:

^ ^ ^ Is a geriatric gerbil eating his face?

What the hell else are you supposed to do with your old Swiffers once they’re  full of dust?  Just threw them out?

Edited by mojo
  • Haha 2