Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I don't know where to put this, so I'm putting it here...(he was a free agent lol)...

Did he name that pic last year? spooky

PFF on our offseason so far

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/05/19/pff-gives-washington-commanders-an-offseason-grade-of-c-carson-wentz-nfl-draft-free-agency/

• Like 1

Based on the players who appear to be available still, there really isn’t much to get excited about at LB and DB.

Would have to think they need to kiss and make up with Collins as the first priority. If they still want a pure LB, it’s looking like a roster cut or late round pick trade for someone is our best option. 

Veteran help at IDL and CB probably still a need.

I think we may also still want some veteran help on the OL. Need that unit to be strong this year.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Based on the players who appear to be available still, there really isn’t much to get excited about at LB and DB.

Would have to think they need to kiss and make up with Collins as the first priority. If they still want a pure LB, it’s looking like a roster cut or late round pick trade for someone is our best option. 

Veteran help at IDL and CB probably still a need.

I think we may also still want some veteran help on the OL. Need that unit to be strong this year.

Last time I checked the Panthers have 3 IDL and a couple of CB available ;)

16 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I was just watching a video of Slay and Smith practicing together. Now they'll also have AJ and Bradberry doing the same. They replaced Cox and Kelce, even though their both still on the team, added White, Riddick and Dean to their front 7.

Eagles are the team to beat even if Hurts doesn't take a step. They're gonna be really good.

I am not a big Hurts guy but if somehow he's just decent, they are IMO on paper the most loaded team in the East.  I was a big fan of their Reddick signing which is probably their most under the radar signing.  AJ Brown is at least as good as Terry.  Devonta Smith is better than our #2 for now IMO.  Jordan Davis and Cox at DT?    They got a good O line and were one of the best teams running the ball last year.  Their secondary was once their weakness but now not so much?  they got the most balanced team in this division on paper IMO.

And if Howie wants Young or Stroud next year in the draft, if there is a dude who is resourceful enough to make that happen, it would be him.  He's as agile moving up and down the draft and adding draft capital as Bruce and Vinny were lost puppies on that same front.   As for our current staff, that's yet to be seen -- I did like their trade downs in this last draft.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't love AGG when I watched him initially before that draft, then i talked myself into him as a maybe in part because volsmet who I agreed with on plenty of other players really liked him.  Then watching him in camp and digesting it further once here, I wasn't a big fan.

I recall among others me commenting with all his side interests was he a love football guy?  He didn't always sound that way to me but no way to know.

I do think TE is a better fit for him. I don't think he's great at stemming his routes, he comes off to me a bit stiff in doing so.  Stiff athlete in general IMO.  But I don't think that's as big of a deal as a move-F TE. I think he has enough seperation skills to make plays underneath, he's also a decent blocker, good hands.  But I gather he has to put on about 10 pounds.   223 pounds with that thin frame IMO has to be filled out some. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not a big Hurts guy but if somehow he's just decent, they are IMO on paper the most loaded team in the East.  I was a big fan of their Reddick signing which is probably their most under the radar signing.  AJ Brown is at least as good as Terry.  Devonta Smith is better than our #2 for now IMO.  Jordan Davis and Cox at DT?    They got a good O line and were one of the best teams running the ball last year.  Their secondary was once their weakness but now not so much?  they got the most balanced team in this division on paper IMO.

And if Howie wants Young or Stroud next year in the draft, if there is a dude who is resourceful enough to make that happen, it would be him.  He's as agile moving up and down the draft and adding draft capital as Bruce and Vinny were lost puppies on that same front.   As for our current staff, that's yet to be seen -- I did like their trade downs in this last draft.

I follow all the Eagles social media and it looks like everyone is already in house getting ready for next season. They all get along and have a lot of fun playing football together. They've got that vibe for sure. They are a pretty young team and have that "it" energy this season. Seems a lot different than us last year. I know they are thinking it's their year to make a run. Before they made any moves, they talked Kelce out of retiring and then the 1 year Cox deal. They drafted both of their replacements, but still have those leaders on the team, then they went and addressed every concern they had. If Hurts is anything, they're the team to beat for the next decade.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I follow all the Eagles social media and it looks like everyone is already in house getting ready for next season. They all get along and have a lot of fun playing football together. They've got that vibe for sure. They are a pretty young team and have that "it" energy this season. Seems a lot different than us last year. I know they are thinking it's their year to make a run. Before they made any moves, they talked Kelce out of retiring and then the 1 year Cox deal. They drafted both of their replacements, but still have those leaders on the team, then they went and addressed every concern they had. If Hurts is anything, they're the team to beat for the next decade.

Not sure about the next decade.  Will see.  I forgot where I heard it, I think it was the PFF cap guy who said the Eagles punted forward more cap issues than most and Washington (even though he criticized them for it) is in better cap shape by a decent margin in future years.  Maybe i misheard and I didn't check it to elaborate myself but that was the first impression I got listening to it. 

But I've said for years on the FO thread and took arrows for this point among others that i am jealous about how Roseman and the Eagles know how to build draft capital.  I agree with those who say they aren't genuises at actually drafting but they are actually pretty good at it, too, not great but good.  Every team blows some big first round picks, this team has done it too.  

As for why this team isn't as aggressive. I do think its at least 50-50 Dan's cash flow combined with Rivera's supposed obsession with keeping the core of this team intact in future years. My gut is left to his own devices Ron would have made one more major move in FA but I still don't think he'd have gone crazy.

Bram who I noticed @Voice_of_Reason likes to tout and I like him too -- he's somewhat plugged in to the team, and he comes off balanced -- explained recently (and even though he didn't say he heard this from the team, it came off like he perhaps did) that they likely want to see how it works out with Wentz this season and they are optimisitc about it and if it looks good, they push things up a notch further next year and their cap situation is good.

Between that and I think it was Keim who said in a podcast when talking about Milne something like they are willing to experiment some this season because they don't see this as a SB team or something like that.   But do see playoffs.

I get the impression that they do have a playoffs or bust attitude for this season but don't see this as a SB team but want to build to that.   In other words, I get the impression that they are excited about playoff prospects this season but they might look at it as a stepping stone season depending on how it goes for a more YOLO type off season in 2023.

I've watched enough Rivera interviews to know that his goal isn't to be a marginal playoff team and then he call it a career.  I know some of his straggler critics believe the bar is low for Rivera but i am 100% sure they are wrong.  I've heard enough from Rivera talking about it and people who know Rivera well like Mike Silver among others -- that he desperately wants that elusive SB.  A SB is what drives him.  He's made the playoffs already 5 times, won coach of the year multiple times.  He wants the big dance.  And I get the picture that he might see this season as the stepping stone season but the roster wasn't a move or two away from being a SB team. 

But next year if Wentz flashes this season, that might be the YOLO off season to set it up.  I said something similar in the previous off season, also based on impressions I got from Keim which is there was a limit for how much they'd give up for a QB that off season but if they don't get that dude expect them to be uber aggressive the following off season.  He ended up right on that.  This years version of wait to next year is what i am mentioning here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Didn't love AGG when I watched him initially before that draft, then i talked myself into him as a maybe in part because volsmet who I agreed with on plenty of other players really liked him.  Then watching him in camp and digesting it further once here, I wasn't a big fan.

I recall among others me commenting with all his side interests was he a love football guy?  He didn't always sound that way to me but no way to know.

I do think TE is a better fit for him. I don't think he's great at stemming his routes, he comes off to me a bit stiff in doing so.  Stiff athlete in general IMO.  But I don't think that's as big of a deal as a move-F TE. I think he has enough seperation skills to make plays underneath, he's also a decent blocker, good hands.  But I gather he has to put on about 10 pounds.   223 pounds with that thin frame IMO has to be filled out some. 

The thing about this move is that he's on his last legs. Its not like a Niles Paul idea where Shanny is saying he has the potential to be Shannon Sharpe. Dude was cut as a WR and on the PS. Now he's learning a new position against guys who have played well (Thomas and Bates) and have the college potential (Turner) and the athleticism (other dude). So I can see him as another body on the PS right now while he learns the position. The good thing is that if injuries hit us again, we have a potential receiving threat who can come in and potentially be productive. 

On a side note, what happened to that dude Wright, did we even bring him back last year? Tryouts? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Actually, if you read the full thing you quoted, I said "Yeah, you’ve got to have a good arm and some mobility. Size would be helpful."

The phrase that I've used for ages is NFL arm talent is "table stakes" to be a starting NFL QB.  You have to have it, or else nothing else matters.  If you do have it, then you can proceed to the next level.  JUST BECAUSE you have a good arm, does NOT mean you will be a good QB.  I've said that over and over.  Jeff George had a cannon.  Terrible QB.  Leaf had a great arm.  Terrible QB.  In our own history, Heath Shuler, Patrick Ramsey, Jason Campbell, Robert Griffin and Dwayne Haskins (RIP) all had monster arms, and all were bad QBs. (Griffin gets an exception for his rookie season, when he was outstanding.) 

Once you have established you have an NFL arm, you progress to the next phase, which is what I stated: decision making, ability to read a defense, leadership, durability, accuracy, throwing with anticipation, etc.  

TH does not have an NFL arm.  Ergo he can't be a starting NFL QB.  It's that simple.

I've also posted a dozen times that there are plenty of reasons why I like TH as a backup: he knows the offense, he's respected in the locker-room, he is a super competitor, and is going to give you his best effort. He also has really good mobility, and can escape pressure. These are all traits you love to see in an NFL backup.  

His biggest negative is lack of arm strength which removes certain types of plays from the offense.  Ron, Martin and Scott Turner all like TH.  Especially Scott Turner.  However, all of them have said during this off-season the team was limited offensively by what TH could and could not do.  None of them said it maliciously.  And neither have I.  It just is what it is.  

You seem so fixated on the fact I, and literally everybody else except Sabah, says he can't be an NFL starting QB you miss the fact we almost unanimously say we like him as a backup.  At least for this year. We'll see what happens with Howell after that.  But for this year, he's a great backup.  He's the only QB in the room who knows the offense.  I argued against posters who said we should release him to save ~$3M in cap savings this year. Which is not nothing, it's a pretty good amount of savings.  But I still think it's worth keeping him around.  I'm not hating on the guy.  I just see what he is.  So does everybody else.  And in fact, so does he.  He has said it himself, he's happy to be on a roster. He said he was happy being a backup.  He knows.  

As ab aside, I really do think you should drop the "he beat better QBs than him" narrative. It's just stupid. TH isn't suiting up for the defense, he isn't facing Tom Brady directly.  Or Russell Wilson, or any of the other QBs. Mahomes didn't beat Josh Allen in the AFC Divisional game.  Allen had nothing to do with Mahomes managing to get into FG range in 16 seconds to tie the game.  And he had nothing to do with the Bills defense not being able to stop the Chiefs in OT.  That loss isn't remotely on Allen.  Mahomes didn't beat Allen.  The Chiefs beat the Bills.  Mostly because of bad coaching on the part of the Bills at the end of the game, somewhat on luck, and some on the fact Mahomes can be a magician.  But that's not on Allen.  He played brilliantly and still lost.  

I said this during the Manning vs. Brady battles.  The guy who Manning was battling wasn't really Brady.  It was Belichick, who for the longest time, had his number from the defensive side.  Brady was the opposing QB, but Peyton wasn't playing against Brady.  He was playing against the Patriots defenses, which in the 00's (especially the early 00's) was absolutely outstanding.  And totally had his number.  Brady gets credit for that, and sure, he was the opposing QB. But he had to go up against an (at best) average Colt's defense while Peyton went up against an outstanding Patriots defense.  

The whole "this QB beat that QB" is just an absolutely terrible position to take.

The TEAM has to beat the opposing TEAM.  There's a ton that goes into it.  The QB play is very important, to be sure.  But you need good QB play every week regardless of who the opposing QB is. 

LOL

23 hours ago, NickyJ said:

At what point did you become a subscriber to the line of thought that a player needs to be either physically fit or mentally fit, not both?

Ask Tom Brady, Derek Carr, Russ Wilson, Matt Ryan if they think TH is not an NFL caliber QB? Or just aske the Commanders coaching staff....

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Completely agree with everything you posted about us and how we are handling this offseason. 

As for this team.  RG3 is right that the Wentz move is a SB driven move.  The biggest thing that annoys me about the criticisms from some about the Wentz move is that some who criticize the move are hypocritical considering what they've said before. 

PFF for example are obsessed with QBs with upside, swing hard and if you miss, swing again, but swing for the fences.  Wentz IMO has that swing for the fences upside.  He's actually shown elite ability, its not purely some wild fantasy.  He's done it.  And, he actually has great size, a rocket arm, great ability.   No one in this draft has his upside.

Yes it could end up a swing and a miss but its a hard swing for a homerun.  Sheehan also a dude obsessed with upside in QBs yet hates this move.  On and on and on.  yet, its characterized by some at Rivera shooting low.  It's nonsense.  As far as what they gave up, I didn't love that part of the deal but at least they made up for the third rounder in this draft.

Ditto the odd trashing about this last draft from some among the draft community-national media.  I'd admit I tend to be glass half full about most drafts and sell myself on picks but often i can go back and recall that I wasn't always on board.  I was initially down on Ryan Anderson and AGG but talked myself into them as an example.  I hated the Haskins pick.   I thought they blew it by skipping on Derwin James.  So i am not always linear level positive.  But for this draft, before we picked them, I highlighted in my top 10 lists both Jahan Dotson and Cole Turner in my list of my guys.  I pushed for Brian Robinson as one of the three RBs in the third round.  I knew nothing about Percy Butler and very little about Mathis at the time. 

But watched Mathis after and I like him a lot.  As for Butler, I couldn't get good youtube tape to judge but love what I've heard about him.  I was higher than most -- not as high as you and a few others on Howell but I was close.  On my top 100 that i did, I had Corral only one spot ahead of him.  And I ranked Howell as a first round talent on my top 10 list that we did on the draft board.  So i am high on him.   So overall, i am high on the draft and high on Wentz and going against the grain apparently on both versus PFF, Football Outsiders, national media, etc.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

The thing about this move is that he's on his last legs. Its not like a Niles Paul idea where Shanny is saying he has the potential to be Shannon Sharpe. Dude was cut as a WR and on the PS. Now he's learning a new position against guys who have played well (Thomas and Bates) and have the college potential (Turner) and the athleticism (other dude). So I can see him as another body on the PS right now while he learns the position. The good thing is that if injuries hit us again, we have a potential receiving threat who can come in and potentially be productive. 

On a side note, what happened to that dude Wright, did we even bring him back last year? Tryouts? 

I agree AGG is on his last legs. I don't know about Wright.  i am about to post though on another forgotten WR, a dude I was high on as a late round WR in a recent draft among other things from a Keim podcast I just listented to. 

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

LOL

TH is not an NFL caliber QB? Or just aske the Commanders coaching staff....

Who just aggressively attacked the QB position addressing it with a big trade, a draft pick and an UDFA. OK LOL

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for this team.  RG3 is right that the Wentz move is a SB driven move.  The biggest thing that annoys me about the criticisms from some about the Wentz move is that some who criticize the move are hypocritical considering what they've said before. 

PFF for example are obsessed with QBs with upside, swing hard and if you miss, swing again, but swing for the fences.  Wentz IMO has that swing for the fences upside.  He's actually shown elite ability, its not purely some wild fantasy.  He's done it.  And, he actually has great size, a rocket arm, great ability.   No one in this draft has his upside.

Yes it could end up a swing and a miss but its a hard swing for a homerun.  Sheehan also a dude obsessed with upside in QBs yet hates this move.  On and on and on.  yet, its characterized by some at Rivera shooting low.  It's nonsense.  As far as what they gave up, I didn't love that part of the deal but at least they made up for the third rounder in this draft.

Ditto the odd trashing about this last draft.  I'd admit I tend to be glass half full about most drafts and sell myself on picks but often i can go back and recall that I wasn't always on board.  I was initially down on Ryan Anderrson and AGG but talked myself into them as an example.  I hated the Haskins pick.   I thought they blew it by skipping on Derwin James.  But for this draft, I highlighted in my top 10 lists both Jahan Dotson and Cole Turner in my list of my guys.  I pushed for Brian Robinson as one of the three RBs in the third round.  I knew nothing about Percy Butler and very little about Mathis at the time. 

But watched Mathis after and I like him a lot.  As for Butler, I couldn't get good youtube tape to judge but love what I've heard about him.  I was higher than most -- not as high as you and a few others on Howell but I was close.  On my top 100 that i did, I had Corral only one spot ahead of him.  And I ranked Howell as a first round talent on my top 10 list that we did on the draft board.  So i am high on him.   So overall, i am high on the draft and high on Wentz and going against the grain apparently on both versus PFF, Football Outsiders, national media, etc.

It all changes when Wentz starts winning us games with his big throws.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ditto the odd trashing about this last draft from some among the draft community-national media.  I'd admit I tend to be glass half full about most drafts and sell myself on picks but often i can go back and recall that I wasn't always on board.  I was initially down on Ryan Anderson and AGG but talked myself into them as an example.  I hated the Haskins pick.   I thought they blew it by skipping on Derwin James.  So i am not always linear level positive.  But for this draft, before we picked them, I highlighted in my top 10 lists both Jahan Dotson and Cole Turner in my list of my guys.  I pushed for Brian Robinson as one of the three RBs in the third round.  I knew nothing about Percy Butler and very little about Mathis at the time. 

THis is what I don't get about what we gave up for Wentz. The Rams are showing that draft picks are valuable but only to an extent. In most cases a proven vet > draft pick, especially a mid round pick. I love what we gave up for Wentz because it was less than a frist rounder, where you get the most impact guys Mid round picks can be easliy recovered. We got Wentz for what I call nothing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

It all changes when Wentz starts winning us games with his big throws.

agree.  I said before Wentz's first press conference here, the local media will be stunned when they actually learn that the dude personality wise isn't Freddy Kreuger and is actually a nice guy and i predicted they'd comment on it.  And that did happen.  it wasn't hard to predict considering how low the bar was set for his personality for no good reason.

Ditto when he starts playing, the local and national media will be shocked that the dude isn't Blake Bortles and can actually play well. 

The one upside of all the trashing is the bar has been set so low that it should be a piece of cake to exceed that bar and by a mile.  

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

THis is what I don't get about what we gave up for Wentz. The Rams are showing that draft picks are valuable but only to an extent. In most cases a proven vet > draft pick, especially a mid round pick. I love what we gave up for Wentz because it was less than a frist rounder, where you get the most impact guys Mid round picks can be easliy recovered. We got Wentz for what I call nothing. 

My bigger issue as for the compensation is swallowing the full cap hit.  that even stunned the Indy reporters, more so than the picks.  Right now the Browns are according to some sort of held hostage with Baker Mayfield because apparently no team wants to take on any of his cap hit let alone swallow the whole thing.

But anyway as I've said, I am happy with Wentz.  But I am not going to pretend that i think they couldn't have gotten him cheaper.  But I don't feel like arguing about it because it would come off like I am anti-Wentz and I am from that.  I've put up as much pro Wentz material as anyone here so I am happy with the result even though I think the process could have been better. 

• Like 2

Keim's latest podcast.  A ton of sunshine in the mix.

A.  AGG moving to TE, he's already bulked up and at least looks the part.  It is probably his best shot to extend his career vs WR. 

B. He mentioned Kelvin Harmon didn't want to move to TE.  And he said he's heard he looks good from what they've seen in the off season, got his speed back (post ACL) and he thinks he might have a good shot to make the roster.  Personally, I liked Harmon as a late round flier at WR in that draft.  Yeah he wasn't fast but he had good hands and can seperate well in college, really good blocker too, maybe great as a blocker.  So IMO he'd be a solid backup.  He flashed more IMO in his rookie season than someone like AGG.

C. He somewhat implied they liked Bradberry but didn't love him so there is a limit to what they'd give.  And they are still intrigued by St. Juste. 

D.  They've already seen that Percy Butler is a compulsive-fanatic level studier with major drive to make an impact this season.  There is optimism he plays in their 3 safety sets this season among other things. 

E.  He talked again about them wanting to keep their nucleus in house, keep their own and it influences their salary cap moves.

F.  He had Chris Paul's coach on talking up Paul.  He talked up Paul saying he's a smart guy, mega talented, their big leader in the locker room.   A bit of a renassiance guy, good student, musician, etc.

He's been around college O lineman who have played well in the NFL, Paul is cut from that same cloth.  He thinks he can play tackle or guard but is a better guard. He thinks he should gone way earlier in the draft.   He thinks he will be a starter in the NFL and it will happen fast for him.  One of my draft magazines rated Paul if I recall as a third rounder and if I recall McGinn's scouts had him ranked higher than where we took him.  I think Brugler had him in the 5th?

For a dude who is 323 pounds, a 4.89 40 is really good.  Masko is maybe the best O line coach in the league and can mold players well.  Feels like Paul has some upside potential

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Is Daron Payne going to get his LTD this off-season? 

No.

They already declined his 5th year extension.

He’s in a contract year now. He should be motivated to stay healthy and play.

The team is saying all the right things about wanting to keep him and nothing is ruled out. But we all know what that means….

Edited by Die Hard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

LOL

Ask Tom Brady, Derek Carr, Russ Wilson, Matt Ryan if they think TH is not an NFL caliber QB? Or just aske the Commanders coaching staff....

Every one of them would say he's an NFL backup.  He would say he's an NFL backup. In fact, that's what the Commanders coaching staff DID say.  They also said they looked at 40 options to find a starting NFL QB.  Including calling Andrew Luck to see if he wanted to come out of retirement.  Martin Mayhew said, "We have a 2."  Everybody says he's a backup.  They knew he was a backup when they signed him to the contract.  Because as soon as they did that, they went out to try and trade for Matt Stafford, and when that failed, they signed Fitz.  

As soon as the season was over, they said the entire priority of the off-season was finding a starting QB.  They paid lip service to Heinicke being on the roster, but Ron even forgot it a few times.  What they did was go find a starting QB.  

Is he an NFL caliber QB?  He is absolutely an NFL caliber backup QB.  Is he an NFL caliber starting QB?  He is absolutely NOT an NFL caliber starting QB.  

You can live in la-la land all you want.  I like to be grounded in reality.  

And I think if you asked Russ Wilson about TH, he'd probably say they would have won the game by 20 points if his finger wasn't still broken.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I hate to read that but damnit I would trade our organization top to bottom including owners, front office, players, coaches, stadium and facilities for theirs in a heart beat. We just keep our name, uniforms and team history intact.

Just bring everything else they got lock stock and barrel plop it down at Ashburn and start cheering for the new Commanders on Sundays.

• Like 2

As for Daron Payne, seems like Standig and Keim have different positions on it which is rare.  Standig playing up no extension coming.  Keim playing up they would like him back.

I don't recall who said this and how i developed this impression but got the impression awhile ago listening to someone that Payne's camp might be looking for Jonathan Allen type money.  I don't recall if that was speculation or something they heard.

And I also heard it being talked about from some NFL observer types that defensive tackles without major sack production actually don't get paid the big bucks compared to edge or interior defenders with sack production.

So based on that my guess is if Payne's camp wants big money, this FO might be bettting on the market won't give him that so let it play out and get him for a more fair price.  And if Payne finally has that breakthrough season as for sack production then its a good problem to have because it meant he had a big season. 

IMO Payne matches well with D. Tomlinson not so much J. Allen as far as his career thus far.  Tomlinson did get a good salary in FA but nothing crazy, not Allen type of money.  IMO Payne right now is on that same trajectory. 

This is all just a guess from me. 

• Like 3

Why would you tell any player on your roster that you don’t like them and don’t want them back?!?

Of course they want him back. But at the $$ they want to pay…. not what the player wants. If the player has to go into a contract year… then he’s going to go to the highest bidder. Of which this team is no longer willing.

Daron is not a public/expressive person. He’s never given any indication of how he feels about the organization/city. I don’t know if he has any ties here or built any roots. Doesn’t seem so.

The only way he returns is if he gives the team a hometown discount. I just don’t see it.