Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Philly feasted on an incredibly weak schedule last year. Dont think they beat a single team with a winning record. Theyre a prime regression candidate.

52 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So one win against a team with a winning record, and even then I believe the Saints were starting Hill at QB that game. 

I get the hate your rivals stuff and that's how I feel about Dallas and the Giants and a few other teams, but the Eagles are one of the best teams league wide the last 20 years. They make the playoffs more than anyone else in the east, win more in the playoffs, have more regular season wins and a superbowl.

Hate all you want, but the Eagles are one of the best run franchises in the league of this century. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I get the hate your rivals stuff and that's how I feel about Dallas and the Giants and a few other teams, but the Eagles are one of the best teams league wide the last 20 years. They make the playoffs more than anyone else in the east, win more in the playoffs, have more regular season wins and a superbowl.

All the more reason to hate them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Well, Dallas has only had 3 consecutive losing seasons 3 times over a 60 year span. The Eagles have gone from 0s to multi-year heroes two times since 1999 and are working on a third. Meanwhile, we haven't had 3 consecutive winning seasons since 1989 thru 1992 and last went from 0 to multi-year heroes in the 80s.

5 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Well, Dallas has only had 3 consecutive losing seasons 3 times over a 60 year span. The Eagles have gone from 0s to multi-year heroes two times since 1999 and are working on a third. Meanwhile, we haven't had 3 consecutive winning seasons since 1989 thru 1992 and last went from 0 to multi-year heroes in the 80s.

The Future Is Now GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hate all you want, but the Eagles are one of the best run franchises in the league of this century. 

Hey- Keep that depressing, factual bull**** out of here. I miss the chip Kelly years…

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I think you have to consider the Eagles on of the most inconsistent teams of the 21st century

I remember a few years ago doing a statistical look at teams variance in W-L record over the past fifteen or twenty years ago. I believe the most consistent team was the Vikings. Think about it. When are the Vikings ever truly bad? And when are they ever great? They seem to be between 8-8 and 10-6 every year, with a few outliers along the way.

On the other hand, the team that was by far the most inconsistent was the Panthers. They'd follow a 4-12 season with a 10-6 season and then be 5-11 the year after. And then 12-4 the year after that. (I made up those numbers for illustrative purposes. I'm too lazy to look up the exact records). It was ridiculous how wildly they would switch from good to bad. And when they were bad, they were very bad. And when they were good, they were going to Super Bowls.

Are we basically on hold until June 1st.  Anyone have any inside info on ant Fa news.

Also what do you guys think we should target.  

I'm thinking a mike and lets go.

I am trying to think Green Bay did not sign Campbell until June or July last year.  So that gives me hope.  

Lastly, do you feel comfortable with LB situation.  I guess if we could either get Collins to come back, or sign a mlb or someone steps up who is already on the roster.  

A little confused.  Idf we are going to be in 2 LB sets most of the time, then Collins or soneone to that ilk, becomes priority #1 and feel in depth.

On 5/6/2022 at 1:32 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah the last time I recall this kind of hype about them was their dream team put together at the time by Louis Reddick.  And that flopped.  They are getting a lot of hype for this season and typically that backfires. 

I, to this day, have no idea why everyone loves Riddick. He was part of two of the biggest front office disasters in the league: the Cerrato-Skins and the Dream Team Eagles. All of this hype about him being a great personnel guy and potential GM is laughable.

• Thumb up 1

On 5/6/2022 at 3:49 PM, CommanderInTheRye said:

*5. The decision to trade down from 11 to 16 was made for three reasons:

First, the wrs they apparently wanted most, Drake London and Garret Wilson had already been selected.

All of this sounds very consistent from Keim before, except for part of this.   The London part is definitely consistent with what he's said in the past.

For Wilson to leapfrog both Olave and Williams is a radical departure from his other podcasts where he flat out said multiple times he heard they like Olave over Wilson.  And Williams was high on their board too depending on his injury.

But as I've said here, Keim did telegraph that Olave would likely be more in a trade down.  And he mentioned several times they liked Dotson too in a trade down.

Speaking of Keim, just listened to his new podcast.

He said he heard from them a couple of try out players looked good in camp already but they have not decided yet if they will sign them -- Trey Gross, WR, and Will Adams, S.   

They are intrigued by Armani Rogers and believe he might not be just a TE but could play WR.

He said they love to stress how they got Charles Leno and Deandre Carter around this time last year and want to see likewise if someone intriguing becomes available like that

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Philly feasted on an incredibly weak schedule last year. Dont think they beat a single team with a winning record. Theyre a prime regression candidate.

Some parellels ironically to this team coming into last season, the defense feasted on bad teams the previous year.  And for this team they got exposed fast by really good QBs the following season.

Watching Del Rio's recent interview with Julie Donaldson, combined with multiple Rivera's interviews and recalling some of the camp comments from some players -- feels pretty strongly that some defensive players came into last season feeling like their crap doesn't stink and that overconfidence was part of the narrative for the subpar play.  Good news is it feels like the lesson was learned so it was probably a good wake up call.

The one thing though that doesn't hurt the Eagles at least in theory the way this team was hurt by was that the Eagles soft schedule is followed by another soft schedule this season at least in theory.  In the Commanders case, their soft schedule was followed by a hard one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

All of this sounds very consistent from Keim before, except for part of this.   The London part is definitely consistent with what he's said in the past.

For Wilson to leapfrog both Olave and Williams is a radical departure from his other podcasts where he flat out said multiple times he heard they like Olave over Wilson.  And Williams was high on their board too depending on his injury.

But as I've said here, Keim did telegraph that Olave would likely be more in a trade down.  And he mentioned several times they liked Dotson too in a trade down.

He said he heard from them a couple of try out players looked good in camp already but they have not decided yet if they will sign them -- Trey Gross, WR, and Will Adams, S.   

They are intrigued by Armani Rogers and believe he might not be just a TE but could play WR.

He said they love to stress how they got Charles Leno and Deandre Carter around this time last year and want to see likewise if someone intriguing becomes available like that

Posted the bits about the rookie camp standouts in the UDFA thread.

Gross is huge. 6ft 4" 220. Could be competition for Cam Sims or at least his practice squad injury insurance for his role of big WR. Ditto Amari Rogers. Think Rogers is probably more of the practice squad stash type just due to his inexperience at the position

Will Adams is the really intriguing one. Dude had a 41 inch vert. 10ft 3 broad jump, and runs in the 4.4s. He was the talk of the HBCU combine. 

Loving the competition we have up and down the entire roster. Camp battles are gonna be really fun to track this year.

Except Linebacker of course. We really need something to happen there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Posted the bits about the rookie camp standouts in the UDFA thread.

Gross is huge. 6ft 4" 220. Could be competition for Cam Sims or at least his practice squad injury insurance for his role of big WR. Ditto Amari Rogers. Think Rogers is probably more of the practice squad stash type just due to his inexperience at the position

Will Adams is the really intriguing one. Dude had a 41 inch vert. 10ft 3 broad jump, and runs in the 4.4s. He was the talk of the HBCU combine. 

Loving the competition we have up and down the entire roster. Camp battles are gonna be really fun to track this year.

Except Linebacker of course. We really need something to happen there.

Yes.  RR said he needs more LBs and he has a plan.  So far; so good.  RR and Co. have done a great job thus far.  

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was going off memory after having a rather harrowing visit with my cardiologist in between the original Sirius interview and my post archiving it.

That said, while once upon a time I could go into a conference room with twenty strangers, have them each give their name and title one time and I could recall every detail half drunk a year later at a random ****tail party, those days are looong gone.

That's my roundabout way of suggesting I may well be at fault about Keim mentioning Garret Wilson. If so, my bad.

EDIT: For those who are as puzzled as I initially was the censored word “****tail” is pronounced cawck-tail.

Although on further examination the censored version certainly adds a bit of unexpected spice and mystery as to the potential goings on at the aforementioned xxxxtail party. lol

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I was going off memory after having a rather harrowing visit with my cardiologist in between the original Sirius interview and my post archiving it.

That said, while once upon a time I could go into a conference room with twenty strangers, have them each give their name and title one time and I could recall every detail half drunk a year later at a random ****tail party, those days are looong gone.

That's my roundabout way of suggesting I may well be at fault about Keim mentioning Garret Wilson. If so, my bad.

EDIT: For those who are as puzzled as I initially was the censored word “****tail” is pronounced cawck-tail.

Although on further examination the censored version certainly adds a bit of unexpected spice and mystery as to the potential goings on at the aforementioned xxxxtail party. lol

lol, yeah its all good, appreciate you sharing.  I've been a Keim podcast groupie just about and he's been on the Olave over Wilson thing a lot.  I only brought it up here is if that changed at the last minute I wonder what triggered it?  But in the scheme of things it doesn't matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, yeah its all good, appreciate you sharing.  I've been a Keim podcast groupie just about and he's been on the Olave over Wilson thing a lot.  I only brought it up here is if that changed at the last minute I wonder what triggered it?  But in the scheme of things it doesn't matter.

No worries my friend.

We are both in search of the ever elusive  Platonic ideal of Truth here and if we can help one another get closer to that ideal then we, as a forum, have all been significantly elevated and illuminated.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 10:54 AM, Darth Tater said:

Just for history sake, I'm going to pick at the bolded.  I don't think we were zeros before Gibbs. We were 10-6 in 1979, and then 6-10 in 1980 before Pardee was fired and Gibbs was hired in 1981.  Then we shot off like a rocket, but we didn't have a losing record from '71 - '79.  They were somewhere between an average to good team in the 70's (with a SB appearance)  that exploded into a (short) dynasty.  

I think the zeros to heroes was actually before then.  I'd say Lombardi's first year and then following into George Allen's years, we went from zero to hero. Before Lombardi became coach in 1969 (and led the team to a 7-5-2 record), the last time the team had a winning record was 1955. That's 14 years of losing seasons.  After '69, however, they were between good to great until 1992. So I'd say 0 to Hero would 1969.  And they went to the SB after the 1972 season.  

But whatever.  :) 

• Like 1