Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Dotson looks like he could be a nasty punt returner. His highlights look like somebody sped up the footage as fast as his legs are moving.

The UDFA Ezzard will compete. Meh as a receiver but dude is electric with the ball in space in the return game. Not sure he wins the job. But he’ll be in the equation.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, skinsfan93 said:

Maybe he’s prideful but if no team is calling, he will suck it up. Look at Fletcher Cox. 

Not only that but there are 256 Alabama guys on the roster for him to talk college ball with.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

He used cap number in 2022 for skins and average salary for Scherff.   Scherff has a 8.6 mill hit this year.

Still a lot less, but he's making an apples to oranges comparison. Edit: less than last year.

Edit 2: looks like he's talking cash this year and ignoring cap.   The set is better, but this is messy. 

Edited by CommDownMan

11 hours ago, CommDownMan said:

He used cap number in 2022 for skins and average salary for Scherff.   Scherff has a 8.6 mill hit this year.

Still a lot less, but he's making an apples to oranges comparison. Edit: less than last year.

Edit 2: looks like he's talking cash this year and ignoring cap.   The set is better, but this is messy. 

Regardless, it seems we’ll be fielding an O-line this year that has very little drop off from last year, with arguably better depth for what I think is significantly cheaper than what Scherff and Flowers alone would have cost. 

Edited by moondog
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He can actually contribute here. His skill set fits our scheme. Might be the only place in the league where he has a role other than backup.

This, this and this.  Landon come on home.  The water is still warm.  You got cash, you would be a God if you win in Washington.  Lets run it bank.

8 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

GET HIM BOYS! GET THIS MFER!

giphy.gif

Your putting all of us on?  Come on now.  Its like kissing your sister!!

• Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Are you kelly green with envy, because I also follow a winning organization too?

Kool, if it wasn't for the fact that you literally live in paradise, I don't know.  Just kidding, admitting it is the first step to recover.  I know a few hypnotherapists, they can help you with this.

13 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Per Overthecap.com, the Saints have over $13m of "effective" cap space.

Your right all the did was get a credit limit increase on their equity line.  That's all.  Eventually you have to pay.  Its a great strategy until you have to pay.

12 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Damn, thought the Eagles would get him.

Your a double agent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm feeling very good about the O-Line.   I actually feel good about the offense as a whole.

Defense needs 3-4 additions.

@FLSkinz83  Who do you think they need to target on D?  

Collins-Buffalo Was

Johnson-ILB Den

Alexander-CB Min (I am not sure if he is an FA)

Edmunds-S PIT

Just some guys I think can help.

@KDawg  When do you sleep sir.  

19 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Collins-Buffalo Was

Johnson-ILB Den

Edmunds-S PIT

Edmunds signed back with Pittsburgh

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Collins-Buffalo Was

Johnson-ILB Den

Edmunds-S PIT

CB - Kyle Fuller, Chris Harris, Bryce Callahan, Joe Haden

LB -  Joe Schobert

DL - Star Lotuleilei

I'd bring back Landon if we could.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I'm disappointed the team hasn't brought in more RBs. It's a super thin group, with maybe 3 bona fide NFLers. One injury can mess that up fast. Even a decent UDFA would have been nice.

Agents probably aren't lining up to send their guys to compete for the 4th spot.  The top 3 assuredly have their spots locked up.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I'm disappointed the team hasn't brought in more RBs. It's a super thin group, with maybe 3 bona fide NFLers. One injury can mess that up fast. Even a decent UDFA would have been nice.

Last years only ufda did decent and I can't imagine other ufdas will be a big upgrade there. 

Our rushing attack was solid last year and they upgraded.   Injuries can always change things, but I feel good there. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

Last years only ufda did decent and I can't imagine other ufdas will be a big upgrade there. 

Our rushing attack was solid last year and they upgraded.   Injuries can always change things, but I feel good there. 

Injuries can happen at RB but the position is also a bit of "dime a dozen" on the back-end. Guys like AP, Peyton Barber ... those guys can be added late in the off-season. And of course during the season, practice squads get filled up with decent options, so you can always poach from there. I'm not concerned about our RB depth because a 5th RB UDFA isn't on the roster right now.