Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

40 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

OL Depth coming into view.

LT: Leno

LG: Norwell

OC: Roullier

RG: Turner

RT: Cosmi

Depth: Charles, Schweizer, Lucas, Paul 

Now that's some serious outside the box thinking by our front office.

Turner is a super fast base stealing burner and is seemingly a bad throw away from an inside the park 4 bagger at any moment.

Just don't know if he has enough size and strength to be an every down player.

I sure wouldn't bet against the kid though.

• Haha 5

www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/1100/trai-turner

Washington signed RG Trai Turner, formerly of the Steelers, to a one-year, $3 million contract.
Turner has experience playing under Washington head coach Ron Rivera dating back to their days in Carolina. He most recently played for the Steelers, starting all 17 games for them in 2021. With Washington being Turner's fourth team in as many seasons, he has become the epitome of a journeyman. Despite the lack of long-term interest in his services, Turner played well in Pittsburgh and was ranked as Pro Football Focus's No. 31 guard last year. His time with Rivera likely means he has the inside track to start at right guard.

2 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

Just a shame it's a one year deal (if he's so good)

They can always extend at anytime and also they will be working with Paul their draft choice and have Wes too. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I've been a fan of both all my life. Stepped away from the eagles when they brought Vick in, but now that we're the Commodes I've shifted back that way a lot.

GET HIM BOYS! GET THIS MFER!

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

There’s a ton of folks annoyed about this signing bc he played in Carolina. He’s a well known multiple time pro bowl vet coming in for 3M. I question your football knowledge if this upsets you. 

We are a couple off off-seasons away from Norwell and Turner both getting huge market-setting contracts. Norwell to Jacksonville, Turner to San Diego. 

Prior to 2017 season Turner signed a 4 year, $45m deal 

Prior to 2018, Norwell signed a 5 year, $66m deal with the Jaguars

2 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

I like the signing. Anyone know Roullier's rehab status? With him and Larson coming off injuries, I wonder if Schweitzer will be playing center for a while between Trai Turner and Andrew Norwell.

We have Tyler Larsen, Ismael that can play C at this time.  

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Oline now has a QB that doesn't hold the ball for 8 seconds and a truck of a running back. Our offense is going to pop off big this year.

Uh.... Wentz holds the ball way too long and has had problems throughout his career throwing the ball away. 

He will take unnecessary sacks but he has the big-play ability with his arm that we haven't had around here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We have Tyler Larsen, Ismael that can play C at this time.  

Right, I'm thinking that Schweitzer, who has played center, could be a better option than Ismael if Larsen and Roullier (both coming off injuries) are not ready to go for game 1.

Love this signing. We have talent and depth all along the OL. Talent and depth at WR. Talent and depth at RB and TE. An actual QB. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. If we resign Landon Collins, and find some LB depth, I'll feel pretty upbeat about the playoffs. Not sneaking in, but being a legitimate team from wire to wire. Man, it would make all the difference in the world for us if Sweat and Young just got back to their form from 2 years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

How you guys look trying to make fun of anyone that's a fan of another team with a winning record.

Do you think we hate the iggles because they had a (barely) above .500 record? The Eagles are a hated division rival. I don't care if they win 1 game or 17, it won't change.

Speaking of, how can a person be a fan of two teams that are long-time division rivals? I like and follow other NFL teams (I live in SoCal, and the Rams just won the 'Bowl) but I'll certainly never root for the eagles, cowboys, or giants.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

Right, I'm thinking that Schweitzer, who has played center, could be a better option than Ismael if Larsen and Roullier (both coming off injuries) are not ready to go for game 1.

Well, possibly but you want your OL to be fresh but at this time Larson is a pure C as is Ismael and right now I'd think that Wes is strictly RG but who knows for sure.  We'll find out soon enough via RRs comments on Turner's signing or at some point.  

31 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

There’s a ton of folks annoyed about this signing bc he played in Carolina. He’s a well known multiple time pro bowl vet coming in for 3M. I question your football knowledge if this upsets you. 

It's much better to sign players who have no familiarity with.  The chance of success are higher if you don't know the player and haven't worked with them before.

/Sarcasm

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Love this signing. We have talent and depth all along the OL. Talent and depth at WR. Talent and depth at RB and TE. An actual QB. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. If we resign Landon Collins, and find some LB depth, I'll feel pretty upbeat about the playoffs. Not sneaking in, but being a legitimate team from wire to wire. Man, it would make all the difference in the world for us if Sweat and Young just got back to their form from 2 years ago. 

If Landon is the only other FA signing we made, barring any injuries (hope not!), I'd be very happy.