Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If you go back to my original post on Guice I talk about RR reaching out and interviewing him to get a sense of where his head is. I say nothing about signing him if RR isn't comfortable with him. Maybe Guice comes back to RR and asks for a chance to prove himself to the franchise that drafted him? RR has been around a long time, he would know how to go about it. I understand if people think Guice is a waste of time but if you recall, Joe Gibbs only wanted Riggins to come back to the team so he could trade him. Look how that turned out. 

the funny thing is people are sitting here arguing with you like youre sitting here wanting to offer him zeke money. we are talking about an interview, possible try out and then possible vet minimum contract. literal definition of no risk but possible high reward. seriously if you did bring him in at worst hes a camp body gone at end of camp no harm no foul at best youve got a guy that was by most considered the best back in his class when he came out with not a lot of nfl miles on his body as back up to gibson. sorry but if youre saying you can have a vet minimum guy of guice with high upside or a guy off the street with no upside who both basically cost the same amount give me guice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

the funny thing is people are sitting here arguing with you like youre sitting here wanting to offer him zeke money

No they aren't. They are saying it's not worth giving hi a shot at the 90 man roster or VM without incentives, because he's a douchebag who will probably hurt himself putting his shoes on and then sexually harass someone on his way out the door. 

6 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Is it possible Flowers comes back? He played great for us and genuinely seemed to like it here.

I know we signed Norwell but line depth is always good to have.

I like Flowers too but I don’t think we will resign him. Yes it is good to have depth but with needing to resign Terry and Payne we can’t afford to give Flowers anything more than just pure backup money and don’t think he will go for that. 

Im sure we will draft someone late to develop. 

25 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

the funny thing is people are sitting here arguing with you like youre sitting here wanting to offer him zeke money. we are talking about an interview, possible try out and then possible vet minimum contract. literal definition of no risk but possible high reward. seriously if you did bring him in at worst hes a camp body gone at end of camp no harm no foul at best youve got a guy that was by most considered the best back in his class when he came out with not a lot of nfl miles on his body as back up to gibson. sorry but if youre saying you can have a vet minimum guy of guice with high upside or a guy off the street with no upside who both basically cost the same amount give me guice.

Ummm, running backs tend to grow on trees, perhaps more than any other position in the NFL.  Hence, why very few ever end up getting big contracts anymore.

Why would we be interested in interviewing Guice, an injury prone player that could barely see an NFL field, who has been out of the league for a few years, as a result of him being arrested for assaulting his ex girlfriend and beyond that the sexual assault allegations that were hidden while he was at LSU?

The juice isn't even remotely worth the squeeze, hence most everyone thinking it's an awful idea to entertain the thought of bringing him back in any capacity.

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

No they aren't. They are saying it's not worth giving hi a shot at the 90 man roster or VM without incentives, because he's a douchebag who will probably hurt himself putting his shoes on and then sexually harass someone on his way out the door. 

So we are gonna punish a 24 year old for something he ALLEGEDLY said 5 years ago at 19 years old where said accuser is on a recorded call with the university saying she wanted to be paid or she was going to the press which is idk if you know this or not is extortion and blackmail which btw is also illegal. Im not saying what he did or didnt do was right or okay it absolutely wasnt if it happened as alleged. However I was not the same person at 24 that I was at 19 and I wasnt the same person at 30 that I was at 24. People learn, grow, mature etc. HENCE an interview to see what the dudes headspace is like. And yeah id rather give a 90 man roster spot to someone who at the very least has the potential to help the team than someone who doesnt and is for sure going to get cut. Cause guess what there's a million other guys on the street out there you can bring in as camp body if it doesnt work out.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Ummm, running backs tend to grow on trees, perhaps more than any other position in the NFL.  Hence, why very few ever end up getting big contracts anymore.

Why would we be interested in interviewing Guice, an injury prone player that could barely see an NFL field, who has been out of the league for a few years, as a result of him being arrested for assaulting his ex girlfriend and beyond that the sexual assault allegations that were hidden while he was at LSU?

The juice isn't even remotely worth the squeeze, hence most everyone thinking it's an awful idea to entertain the thought of bringing him back in any capacity.

Yup arrested for charges which were later dropped after she got paid.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/06/23/charges-dropped-against-ex-wft-lsu-football-player-derrius-guice#:~:text=Guice was charged last year,from accusations of domestic violence. In a joint statement, Guice and the woman said they “both worked hard toward a resolution of their relationship” and they they each wish the other well in the future.

18 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I like Flowers too but I don’t think we will resign him. Yes it is good to have depth but with needing to resign Terry and Payne we can’t afford to give Flowers anything more than just pure backup money and don’t think he will go for that. 

Im sure we will draft someone late to develop. 

I think you’re right.  I’d be ok spending a bit more on him personally (low end starter money similar to Norwell) because history says our 3rd guard will play a good amount of games, but I don’t think we’d offer him that and I don’t think he’d take it.

Regarding Guice, IMO he’s a talented back and the type of back we could use here talent-wise, but the off-the-field and injury stuff is hugely problematic.  Now if he’s looked at as a cheap veteran, PS candidate - similar to Johnathan Williams or Smallwood from last year - and his signing had no bearing on us looking for a back elsewhere, I don’t think I’d mind it.  Quite confident in saying it’s not happening though…

I’ll add that I have trouble seeing Guice playing STs (or surviving doing so, lol), which would be yet another mark against him.

Edit: Not that it matters, but to be fair, I will say that his energy level/exuberance was an entertaining positive.

Edited by skinny21

33 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Yup arrested for charges which were later dropped after she got paid.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/06/23/charges-dropped-against-ex-wft-lsu-football-player-derrius-guice#:~:text=Guice was charged last year,from accusations of domestic violence. In a joint statement, Guice and the woman said they “both worked hard toward a resolution of their relationship” and they they each wish the other well in the future.

And I'm supposed to be impressed by that, for what exactly?  *Golf claps* he paid her off.

There are plenty of other fish in the sea that don't have his baggage, that have actually been able to stay on the field.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

43 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

So we are gonna punish a 24 year old for something he ALLEGEDLY said 5 years ago at 19 years old where said accuser is on a recorded call with the university saying she wanted to be paid or she was going to the press which is idk if you know this or not is extortion and blackmail which btw is also illegal. Im not saying what he did or didnt do was right or okay it absolutely wasnt if it happened as alleged. However I was not the same person at 24 that I was at 19 and I wasnt the same person at 30 that I was at 24. People learn, grow, mature etc. HENCE an interview to see what the dudes headspace is like. And yeah id rather give a 90 man roster spot to someone who at the very least has the potential to help the team than someone who doesnt and is for sure going to get cut. Cause guess what there's a million other guys on the street out there you can bring in as camp body if it doesnt work out.

How are we punishing a guy who can't stay healthy or play in the NFL? WTF are we even talking about Guise? What he have, one good game years ago, then ride the pine for years? Why don't we sign the other RB we had that couldn't play football either. He was fast!

Let’s hope some kind of positive roster move happens this next day or so.

Otherwise we can expect the customary April Fool stories

Terry traded for a 3rd round pick

Wagner signs with Dallas 1 year 5mil deal

We give Mathieu a 4 year 80mil deal

We've trade up in the draft with the intent of picking Sauce to add to a defence including Mayo.

Something along those lines.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sebestian said:

I have a lot of time and respect for Coach Rivera…

Washington Commanders head coach Ron Rivera is frustrated, and understandably so.

At the NFL owner’s meetings, Rivera expressed his frustrations on the franchise often being the target of bad news. “Quite honestly I’m tired of it, I really am,” Rivera said via John Keim of ESPN.

“But the only way to fix it is winning, and that’s the truth.”

No doubt, Rivera must be tired of hearing about the inappropriate culture at Ashburn, prior to his arrival. But also following his arrival, his first Washington football team was called the uh, lame, “Washington Football Team.” His owner in February was accused on national television of inappropriately touching a woman not his wife. After the allegations, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced another investigation into the sexual climate of the franchise. 

I feel for Ron Rivera, I really do. No one would want the past to continually be brought up in your face, when you are attempting to change the culture yourself since your arrival in 2020.

Coach Ron has been here two years, but I must ask, how does he think we feel? I have been following the franchise passionately since the 1969 season.

I grew up watching George Allen have winning years in each of his seven seasons (1971-77). Joe Gibbs made us proud to be Washington fans, during his tenure (1981-1992) coach Joe had one losing season in 12 years! In those years, Coach Joe experienced eight playoff births, five NFC title games, four Super Bowl appearances and three Super Bowl championships.

In the 29 seasons that have followed, Washington has only been to the playoffs six times (1999, 2005, 2007, 2012, 2015, 2020). And Gibbs came back for a four-year stint and led Washington to two of those playoff appearances.

I’m tired of the franchise for the past 29 seasons having 18 losing seasons. I’m tired of the franchise for the past 29 seasons winning only two playoff games.

I’m tired of the owner having meddled in signing overpriced, unmotivated free agents, disrespecting the football scouts, coaches and front office to draft a quarterback because his son went to the same high school.

I’m tired of the owner creating a culture that runs off entirely too many good hard-working employees on the business side, being an embarrassment for the sexually inappropriate culture he did nothing to eliminate. And now I am tired of hearing he himself may have inappropriately touched Tiffani Johnston.

I believe Ron Rivera is sincerely tired of his two years with the team. How much more must many of us be tired after the last 29 years?

Plus if we ever have to throw hands, all take Rivera. 

River's tired , then quit.  He will not be able to overcome the noose around his neck; Dan.  Doesn't matter what this team does on the field; Dan will always undermine it.

Any success will be in spite of Dan.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

While everyone is praising Ballard, can you imagine the reaction if the Commanders:

1. Traded a 1st and a 3rd

2. Bailed after 1 year, for 2 3rds

3. Had NO plan--they admitted this

4. Going into their 6th QB in 6 years

5. Lucked into Matt Ryan

Russell's screaming would reach at pitch only dogs can hear.

The fact Ballard hasn't found a long term qb since Andrew retired; he should be fired. Matt Ryan is too old to compete with al those afc young guns. At best, Colts go 8-9.

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

LSU

Rushing & Receiving

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
Career LSU         471 3074 6.5 29 32 250 7.8 3 503 3324 6.6 32
*2015 LSU SEC FR RB 11 51 436 8.5 3 5 20 4.0 0 56 456 8.1 3
*2016 LSU SEC SO RB 12 183 1387 7.6 15 9 106 11.8 1 192 1493 7.8 16
*2017 LSU SEC JR RB 12 237 1251 5.3 11 18 124 6.9 2 255 1375 5.4 13

Who cares about LSU. He's done nothing in the NFL. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

How are we punishing a guy who can't stay healthy or play in the NFL? WTF are we even talking about Guise? What he have, one good game years ago, then ride the pine for years? Why don't we sign the other RB we had that couldn't play football either. He was fast!

Again youre acting like we're advocating for us to give up draft picks and a huge contract to come in here and be the bell cow running back. nobody is doing that all anybody has said is that he has higher upside than your typical street f/a and could be worth a look as a possible back up/change of pace back for gibson. And you can bring up the injuries all you want doesnt negate the fact that talent wise hes better than a typical end of roster camp body. guess what he gets hurt theres still plenty of other guys on the street you can add to the end of the 90 man roster. we get it you dont like the guy but this isnt anthony mix or marko mitchell who were late rounders or udfas this is a guy who was the best running back coming out of his draft and is only 24. again id rather sign a guy with atleast a chance of having potential upside vs a running back thats going to struggle to see time in preseason games.

• Like 1

Just now, Mrshadow008 said:

Again youre acting like we're advocating for us to give up draft picks and a huge contract to come in here and be the bell cow running back. 

No I'm not. You are making **** up again.

I said that he isn't worth a roster spot on the 90 man roster or VM without incentives. That's what I said. 

There is zero upside compared to available vets, draftedable rookies or even rookies that won't be drafted. None.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

No I'm not. You are making **** up again.

I said that he isn't worth a roster spot on the 90 man roster or VM without incentives. That's what I said. 

There is zero upside compared to available vets, draftedable rookies or even rookies that won't be drafted. None.

Lmao what am i making up exactly? You're sitting here cussing at someone on a message board about the small possibility of bringing in a highly talented player for an interview and workout. Sorry you dont like the dude I could really give a crap less about whether your feelings are hurt or not. But to say theres zero upside to give a former 2nd round pick that was the best running back in his draft when he came out compared to any random UDFA or whatever is a joke. At this point i hope they do sign dude just to see your head explode. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

37 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The fact Ballard hasn't found a long term qb since Andrew retired; he should be fired. Matt Ryan is too old to compete with al those afc young guns. At best, Colts go 8-9.

Who cares about LSU. He's done nothing in the NFL. 

He has shown flashes....injuries have held him back. He's a 2nd round pick, one of the top RB's in his draft class. Someone may sign a nice reclamation project....whether you agree with it or not. 

2 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Lmao what am i making up exactly? You're sitting here cussing at someone on a message board about the small possibility of bringing in a highly talented player for an interview and workout. Sorry you dont like the dude I could really give a crap less about whether your feelings are hurt or not. But to say theres zero upside to give a former 2nd round pick that was the best running back in his draft when he came out compared to any random UDFA or whatever is a joke. At this point i hope they do sign dude just to see your head explode. 

@Koolblue13Can take up for himself and all, but I can't help but chime in here...

It seems you've confused hurt feelings with simply having zero interest in a guy with his rap sheet, not just as a person but as an athlete as well.  I was vehemently against pursuing Watson and it did bother me to see folks pretend that him skating indictment actually means he did no wrong, and that we should back up the Brinks truck and trade away the next 3 drafts to acquire him.  However, I could at least acknowledge that it was because he's near an elite talent at the most coveted position in sports that has alluded us for decades.  Not that that makes it right, just a bit easier to understand why some would throw caution into the wind and pretend he's not the bad dude he's been shown to be.  

But freaking Derrius Guice?  A running back?  Who has ran the ball 42 times as a pro? Who beat his ex girlfriend? Who had his name removed from LSU's record books as a result of the sexual assault claims that were made against him and not investigated as they should have been?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Some people on this site see things as very cut and dry....thanks for speaking up. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But freaking Derrius Guice?  A running back?  Who has ran the ball 42 times as a pro? Who beat his ex girlfriend? Who had his name removed from LSU's record books as a result of the sexual assault claims that were made against him and not investigated as they should have been?

Yep, all while he was still a very young adult. 

Mike Vick killed dogs, Antonio Brown is a scumbag, etc......when you're a last place team you need to check out everything, that's all we're saying. If Guice is still a bad investment in RR's opinion then move on and there's no harm done. Writing off a kid with talent who may have turned his life around is certainly one school of thought but someone else may give him a chance and he could very well pay off. Is Patterson better than Guice? I have my questions about that....IF Guice has grown up and straightened out his life. 

• Like 1

Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones said Dallas explored signing free-agent linebacker Bobby Wagner but couldn't come to an agreement. He told Clarence Hill of the Dallas Morning News the team "looked into" adding Wagner, "but as it turned out, it didn’t work out with us." Wagner was released after 10 seasons in Seattle. He and current Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn worked together in 2013 and 2014 when Quinn was the Seahawks' DC.

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Im as bad with Wagner and he’s not coming here either :rofl89:

Wagner is 100x more likely…people forget that beat reporters reported that the staff had maturity concerns about Guice well before the incident. They wouldn’t have taken Gibson with a Day 2 pick and signed McKissic that offseason if they truly believed in Guice