Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

5 hours ago, profusion said:

The Browns are in a world of hurt if Watson doesn't immediately perform at the Rodgers/Brady level. Huge cap impact, no first-rounders for years to come. It's a huge gamble.

If Wentz is a bust, we move on next year. If Watson underperforms, the Browns will have (another) decade in the wilderness with no way out.

Yeah, or if he gets injured. They paid a ton in multiple ways. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fearlessNelms said:

At the end of the day, McKissic didn't want to leave here. Why can't this Beane guy just accept that instead of throwing a Baker Mayfield like tantrum? I think it's a worse look for him than it is us. I don't see what we did so wrong- McKissic wanted to be here...period.

Beane is in CYA mode, I get that... but throwing shade at us/Rivera was a dick move.

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Outside judgement of a human being I dont know if I would trust Joe for any aspect of modern football.

Joe Gibbs might be on the short list of best coaches in any sport in modern times.  He is, to my knowledge, the only coach/owner in the HOF for two different sports.

Im positive Ron wasn’t seeking advise on how to run an offense, but if he was looking for advice on anything to do with organization management or building or team construction, expectation management, or anything else like that,  there is literally no better person you could turn to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Joe Gibbs might be on the short list of best coaches in any sport in modern times.  He is, to my knowledge, the only coach/owner in the HOF for two different sports.

Im positive Ron wasn’t seeking advise on how to run an offense, but if he was looking for advice on anything to do with organization management or building or team construction, expectation management, or anything else like that,  there is literally no better person you could turn to. 

Im not so sure. The management of people absolutely but getting modern NFL people into place? Should be serious doubts about that. Especially in regards to roster and team construction. He had very little experience with it during his two tenures here. Like I said originally his style was looking out of touch with modern football in 2007. Next to no chance it would be any better 15 years later out of the sport.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Joes a legend but he started to look out of touch in 2007. How much in tune is he with football 15 years later when the game is night and day different

Wow it’s been 15 years since Gibbs 2.0 longer than the gap between 1.0 and 2.0. Insane. I’m getting old! Not like joking anymore. We are getting old old. 😂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Im not so sure. The management of people absolutely but getting modern NFL people into place? Should be serious doubts about that. Especially in regards to roster and team construction. He had very little experience with it during his two tenures here. Like I said originally his style was looking out of touch with modern football in 2007. Next to no chance it would be any better 15 years later out of the sport.  

I’m not suggesting Joe would name names.  

But if you want to talk approach, bounce ideas off of somebody, etc, I’d talk to Joe if you had a chance.    It’s rare you find people who have been as successful as he has.  He understands all this stuff at a greater level than just about anybody.  

• Like 2

Joe Gibbs has succeeded in pretty much every walk of life.  Even his second tenure looks so much better when you consider that he went to the playoffs 2 out of the 4 years and in the 23 years Snyder owned the team, 3 of the 8 playoff games were during Gibbs 2.0 (3 of 6 really, cause I don't think Snyder should get credit for the 99-00 season).  

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I thought Joe Gibbs was THE COACH.  When he came back the 2nd time and played GM, I didn't like that as much.  Bobby Beathard & Joe Gibbs was the dynamic duo.  

Still one of the most successful runs we've had at HC since Snyder took over.

Spurrier: 12-20

Zorn: 12-20

Shanahan: 24-40

Gruden: 35-49-1

Turner: 17-12 (caveat: first years of Snyder's reign of terror)

Schottenheimer: 8-8 (best record since Snyder truly had full control)

Gibbs: 30-34

Rivera: 14-19

So... I have a hard time judging Gibbs with any negativity for his second run. He did a nearly impossible task. Lasted more than a season without getting fired and almost had a .500 total record

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BC-Redskins said:

Very surprised how little FA moves we have made

It's the RR way.  He is frugal and gets good players for a minimum price.  However, he did spend big considering when he traded for Wentz. 

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Outside judgement of a human being I dont know if I would trust Joe for any aspect of modern football.

Seriously? The guy's in the HOF and is the greatest coach in Redskins history and you don't trust him on modern football? Joe Gibbs comes from one of the greatest offensive systems in NFL history under Don Coryell....I'm pretty sure he knows enough about modern football. More than that he knows how to build winning organizations....above and beyond X's and O's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Joe Gibbs was a great coach both times in DC and is an even better businessman and team owner; evidence by one of the most dominant and forward thinking race teams in motorsports. Any advice he can give Ron or Dan for that matter is invaluable and should be taken by an inept franchise such as our whatchamacallems....

• Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I have to admit that the inactivity is a little unnerving considering we're low on draft picks (albeit that could change depending on what we do with our first pick). 

But the oddest surprise, other than MLB, is that there has been no word of KR/WR DeAndre Carter.  He really stabilized the return game and was a pleasant surprise at WR (particularly the latter half of the season).

HTTR!

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I have to admit that the inactivity is a little unnerving considering we're low on draft picks (albeit that could change depending on what we do with our first pick). 

But the oddest surprise, other than MLB, is that there has been no word of KR/WR DeAndre Carter.  He really stabilized the return game and was a pleasant surprise at WR (particularly the latter half of the season).

HTTR!

I guess they are letting Dre and others find out on their own that they are not world beaters that will be targeted early on so perhaps we are still in touch with their agents and will sign in coming weeks...maybe 1yr deal again if no other teams are offering multi years.  Maybe same goes for Lucas as well and they weren't starters here.  Hope we can get them back as they were good fr us even if they are shiny starting toys for others.