Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, Conn said:

It’s also ignoring that it usually goes the OTHER way around, where the original “home” team gets screwed by outside teams slyly tampering, whispering in agents’ ears about what their client could get in FA. That’s way more common than this situation, yet there aren’t unwritten rules about that? Come on. 

Feels more like Beane thinks he looks bad bc the AFC is in an unprecedented arms race and all he’s delivered is Von Miller, and he’s feeling like he needs to explain away what happened. Silly, we’re talking McKissic here not Christian McCaffrey for christ sake. Chill. 

Holy **** they should trade for McCaffrey, how awesome would that be to watch.

51 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It's been quiet Commander wise lately in FA.  So, RR stated they may draft a QB.  Who do you think that QB would be and why?  :)  

I mean you can't rule anything out, but I doubt they draft anyone of any significance, if at all. At best a late round flyer

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, smooth said:

I dont think they draft one in the 1st round , but i would take a shot on Ridder if hes there in the 2nd  

Ridder maybe in the second.

however I’d absolutely love if they could get strong in the 4th.  I doubt he lasts that long.  

Sure, his right leg might fall off below his knee at any point and he has the mobility of a lamp post.  But he has thrown a ton of passes and has a cannon for an arm. 

In the 4th he would be great value.  

21 minutes ago, sebestian said:

Anyone have any interest in G. Everett.  I have always liked him from his days at South Alabama if I am not mistaken.  I know he is one dimensional or at least is not a great blocker but he is explosive from the TE position.

Poor man's oj Howard. I'm in 

• Like 1

I just posted in the draft thread that I am seeing more and more mock drafts with K. Hamilton falling right into our laps.  I am starting to think it makes a lot of sense.  

Jax-no

Det-maybe but still to high

Hou-no OL too protect Mills

NYJ-no signed Whitehead and think Sauce will go here

NYG-OL Daniel Jones and their oline is putrid.

CAR - possible but I think the owner wants to make a splash, plus need QB

NYG- this is the pick he can go.  They released L Ryan, but I think its also highly possible they go Dline

ATL- WR, no need to explain

SEA- Willis is off the board with this pick

NYJ- B/c they signed Whitehead and they addressed secondary with their 1st pick.  Can not see them going back to back secondary

WAS - The Washington Commanders select......Kyle Hamilton, Safety Notre Dame University.  Kipper voice...this is a great pick for Rivera, maybe the best player overall in this draft and they get him at 11.  T Mcshay, if you watch the tape he is great.

All kidding aside do you think its plausible that this could happen.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I just posted in the draft thread that I am seeing more and more mock drafts with K. Hamilton falling right into our laps.  I am starting to think it makes a lot of sense.  

Jax-no

Det-maybe but still to high

Hou-no OL too protect Mills

NYJ-no signed Whitehead and think Sauce will go here

NYG-OL Daniel Jones and their oline is putrid.

CAR - possible but I think the owner wants to make a splash, plus need QB

NYG- this is the pick he can go.  They released L Ryan, but I think its also highly possible they go Dline

ATL- WR, no need to explain

SEA- Willis is off the board with this pick

NYJ- B/c they signed Whitehead and they addressed secondary with their 1st pick.  Can not see them going back to back secondary

WAS - The Washington Commanders select......Kyle Hamilton, Safety Notre Dame University.  Kipper voice...this is a great pick for Rivera, maybe the best player overall in this draft and they get him at 11.  T Mcshay, if you watch the tape he is great.

All kidding aside do you think its plausible that this could happen.

I feel like there's no way the Jets pass on him, but I see your logic. I would be pumped. Hamilton or Sauce or trade down for me. We re-signed McCain, but there's room for Hamilton. 

Lol why is this in this thread??

23 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We aren’t spending a Round 1 or 2 pick on QB.

Maybe Rounds 4-7; need a better backup that Couch guy.

9858010.gif

Edited by duffy
  • Haha 1

Just looked at the projected comp picks next year. We have the 3rd plus a 7th for Settle. 

The Settle one is listed as comp pick 28 out of 32, so in theory that pick is far from guaranteed. Further transactions could drop it out of the top 32, as only 32 are awarded. The formula also includes other factors like playing time etc.

Point being, if we are really trying to preserve the 3rd we can’t risk signing anyone that qualifies under the scheme. Because if we do and the Settle pick drops out, the signing we make, if in the top 32, will cancel out the 3rd.

Only real way to protect that 3rd is to not bother, or only sign released players, or wait until after the draft when the qualifying comp pick scheme deadline passes, or only make signings on lesser deals to the one Settle got, 2 years 9mil, as a lesser deal will clearly rank lower than his so it can’t possibly offset the 3rd.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Conn said:

Beane is being a ****ing weirdo about the McKissic stuff, the fact he’s talking about it so much is just bizarre. I get that something unusual happened, procedure-wise, and it comes down to some miscommunication between team/player/agent but come ON. Really weird story to see him comment on multiple times. 

At the end of the day, McKissic didn't want to leave here. Why can't this Beane guy just accept that instead of throwing a Baker Mayfield like tantrum? I think it's a worse look for him than it is us. I don't see what we did so wrong- McKissic wanted to be here...period.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

So who from our own FA are we likely to want back still, Lucas and DeAndre Carter maybe ?

I guess ideally if we are playing the comp pick game we could do with another player or two being signed up elsewhere on decent money.

I think both should be easily abtainable, pending a out of this world offer.  If I had to choose one, it would be Lucas, need to have a swing tackle

I do not know if this is the right forum, however I remember so vividly the updates we would get from ESPN when John Clayton was the besr BFL Insider their was.  Unfortunatley John Clayton, passed away yesterday.  RIP professor.

6 hours ago, duffy said:

I feel like there's no way the Jets pass on him, but I see your logic. I would be pumped. Hamilton or Sauce or trade down for me. We re-signed McCain, but there's room for Hamilton. 

Lol why is this in this thread??

9858010.gif

Sorry.  I know it was in the wrong thread.  My apologies to the board and moderators.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The Browns are in a world of hurt if Watson doesn't immediately perform at the Rodgers/Brady level. Huge cap impact, no first-rounders for years to come. It's a huge gamble.

If Wentz is a bust, we move on next year. If Watson underperforms, the Browns will have (another) decade in the wilderness with no way out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

2 year 10mil, with 4.7mil gtd

I feel like that is good value.  Better value than Scherff or Flowers.

Though if Flowers doesn't find any suitors, it would be cool to bring him back on something like a 3 year 18 million dollar deal or something like that.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Between the JD and Ion situation there have been a few inside the loop people grumbling about us in the last couple days.

Odd spike for sure.

Hopefully it does not effect future relations. Certainly don't wanna blackball yourself from orgs and agents.

It’s the issue of having a bloated front office like we do. Tougher to control messaging and make decisions 

I wonder if they make a move on Lotuleilei. He is a pure one technique NT who will stuff the run but not create a lot of pressure. Had COVID last year and then sucked

He’s a vet min plus incentives type of guy

10 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I feel like that is good value.  Better value than Scherff or Flowers.

Though if Flowers doesn't find any suitors, it would be cool to bring him back on something like a 3 year 18 million dollar deal or something like that.

That ship has sailed. I’d rather have Lucas back and then Trai Turner on the cheap to push Schweitzer 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1