Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

25 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I am really going to like Carson Wentz

Careful, say it two more times and he'll appear in front of you and throw an interception

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Jericho said:

With McLaurin, Brown, Samuel, and Sims in tow, that WR is filling up and still lacks a true #2 receiver. Plus there's a bevy of fringy guys fighting for maybe one spot I'd guess Milne would have the edge there. Plus I haven't mentioned DeAndre Carter yet. So anyone else brought in not named Carter should be a #2. Otherwise its not worth it

I'm partial to the draft here.  Round 1 or 2 on a WR.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

Careful, say it two more times and he'll appear in front of you and throw an interception

dude has around 2 1/2 times as many TDs as INTs for his career and most seasons of his career has thrown 3 to 4 times as many TDs as INTs

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, method man said:

For the price of Flowers, they could potentially pull in both Norwell and Turner, both former Pro Bowl/All Pro guards who have played for Ron. Both guys are past their prime but still solid players. I also hope they bring Lucas back.

I wish I could buy what you are selling here.

How are those two guys going to get paid half of what Flowers was if they are just as good?

In my head, Flowers is 27 years old, a starter getting better and only $10 million against the cap.

These are the type of players we should be keeping and trying to extend, I don't understand ripping the rug out from under him like we're in cap hell.  We're acting like we're in cap hell right now (which I dont agree we are in, a bad spot, yea, but some of these moves feel desperate)

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

How are those two guys going to get paid half of what Flowers was if they are just as good?

In my head, Flowers is 27 years old, a starter getting better and only $10 million against the cap.

These are the type of players we should be keeping and trying to extend, I don't understand ripping the rug out from under him like we're in cap hell.  We're acting like we're in cap hell right now (which I dont agree we are in, a bad spot, yea, but some of these moves feel desperate)

I'd rather keep Flowers than JD 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You would think wouldn't you? But we have now let go of Scherff and Flowers and are choosing to spend the money we save elsewhere, maybe on more playmakers? It's interesting that we're paying the 3rd down back over the two linemen even if the numbers are much different. Our front office must feel like we need to go with the youth/cheap on the offensive line while bringing in more star power in other areas? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

You would think wouldn't you? But we have now let go of Scherff and Flowers and are choosing to spend the money we save elsewhere, maybe on more playmakers? It's interesting that we're paying the 3rd down back over the two linemen even if the numbers are much different. Our front office must feel like we need to go with the youth/cheap on the offensive line while bringing in more star power in other areas? 

That's exactly what it looks like.

Mad respect for holding our oline together with marshmallows and toothpicks the last couple years.

But that isn't a plan.

And if that is the plan going forward because we've been getting away with it, it's a recipe for getting Wentz killed.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

There does appear to be an intended shift in the way our team is structured salary wise.  We have budding stars either due payouts now or soon.  We have to keep our own as much as possible during the churn.  Draft picks that contribute on rookie salaries make or break the roster imo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's exactly what it looks like.

Mad respect for holding our oline together with marshmallows and toothpicks the last couple years.

But that isn't a plan.

And if that is the plan going forward because we've been getting away with it, it's a recipe for getting Wentz killed.

It is a plan if you think Charles and Schweitzer are ready. Charles is a 3rd round pick who dropped because of character issues at LSU...many thought he was a 1st round talent if I recall correctly. I've been wondering where he stands with the coaches/GM. Now I guess we know, they think he can play. I don't know much about Schweitzer but they also re-upped Larson too. They must feel like there isn't a big drop off moving forward. It's hard to criticize and accuse them of not having a plan until we see what else they do. In the end we'll all find out. We may have to check back with you if the Commanders sign Bobby Wagner or some other big name because of these cuts.

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I can wear my old Rypien jersey again! Sort of.

Same...hopefully Wentz does me proud in my #11 jersey while we're spanking the Eagles. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

It is a plan if you think Charles and Schweitzer are ready. Charles is a 3rd round pick who dropped because of character issues at LSU...many thought he was a 1st round talent if I recall correctly. I've been wondering where he stands with the coaches/GM. Now I guess we know, they think he can play. I don't know much about Schweitzer but they also re-upped Larson too. They must feel like there isn't a big drop off moving forward. It's hard to criticize and accuse them of not having a plan until we see what else they do. In the end we'll all find out. We may have to check back with you if the Commanders sign Bobby Wagner or some other big name because of these cuts.

We can all differentiate between what may seem as a good plan, bad plan, or no plan at all.  I would put most if not all my criticizing following the trade for Wentz in "bad plan" category. 

I can live with the Wentz trade, especially if it works.  But gutting the oline of talent is a bad plan, imo, no matter the intent.  Flowers was a more then reasonable contract, it makes no sense.

I suspect the plan is to create cap space to keep certain players and if we sign anyone new it will be a playmaker for Wentz.  Signing Wagner after using a first round pick on a middle linebacker last year with the limited cap space we have may make me pull my hair out.

6 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Yea, and we got fined a ton of money for it…36 million to be exact. Can’t recall if we lost picks as well

That was a bogues penalty.  But every year we would hear how this team would be in cap hell and we never were.

• Like 2