Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

near 7 mill if pre-June designation and 12 if post-June 1st desingation.  I'm trying trying to understand if it's official.  But it would bump us to 12 pre or 17 post June 1st. 

Basically it's a battle of saving 5 million this year vs next.  With rollover, post June 1st makes sense personally.

image.png.7c4b9fff61e304390dbbd4893e7ad4d2.png

image.png.d8c87757a19c6323abd9d0f3d05dbb1f.png

It would make sense that they are waiting for the league year to start to then designate it as post jun 1.

2 hours ago, DieHardSkins88 said:

McKissic was nowhere near as good as Gibson.  Gibby had 1037 rushing yards, 294 receiver yards, and 10 total touchdowns.

Mckissic 2021: 48 Rushes, 212 Yds, 4.4 per, 2 TD plus:  43 Receptions, 397 Yds, 9.2 per, 2 TD

Gibson 2021:  258 Rushes, 1037 Yds, 4.0 per, 7 TD plus 42 Receptions, 294 Yds, 7.0 per, 3 TD

Not seeing it.

Also: Gibson 6 fumbles, McKissic none.

Edited by Kelvin Bryant
Add fumbles
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Technically though, we didn’t lose a 3rd round pick this year. We just swapped 3rd round picks. 

No we swapped 2nds. We lost a 3rd this year. And a 3rd/2nd last year if he reaches 70% of snaps played this year 

14 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

I'm no cap guru but I believe it has to do with dead money depending when he is cut... Not my forte though, I saw another poster say we can get about 6m cutting outright and 12m designating it as post jun 1

If true that would definitely be worth the wait. Twelve million makes us a potential player for the second wave of signs.

I’m not sure why Bills want JD? They have Zack Moss as their cowbell and Devin Singletary improved big time last year and catches the ball well. They also have Matt Brieda on the roster. Maybe one of those guys become available. 

$4 mil for a running back is a lot. Chase Edmunds is an every down running back and he got $6mil. I love JD but not sure he’s worth that much. 

• Like 1

If Curtis Samuel is healthy, he'd be unstoppable if Andrew Luck un-retired and signed with Washington. If OBJ signed with the team for peanuts, we'd be set. If Sammis Reyes is the next Gronkowski, we're gonna win the Super Bowl.

If only Curtis Samuel could be healthy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Technically though, we didn’t lose a 3rd round pick this year. We just swapped 3rd round picks. 

Washington did indeed lose a 3rd, it was the 2nd rounders that was swapped.

In the end, we will find out if A. The FO and Ron have any idea what they are doing and B. If QB really does make up for as much of the roster as people think it does.  Because this team appears to count on the QB play being so much better and players who didnt play well all of the sudden being better.

Edited by Peregrine

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Whoops. Thought it was third round picks that was swapped. Nevermind 

I'm not sure why nobody has responded to this post yet, but Washington lost 2 third rounders after all. We swapped 2nd round picks instead.

• Haha 4

I'm fine w/ letting JD walk.

We are well positioned to prosper without him by letting Gibby and Curtis eat his reps.

Provided we bring in a thumper to complement Gibby of course. The worst thing we could do is expand his role further w/o providing some help.

Getting a bellcow lets us run Gibby in the Kamara role, which is what he should have been from the start. That's probably why we did not offer a deal to McK, he was standing in the way of Gibby getting into his ideal role.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I thought Kyren Williams was your guy?

I don't really have a guy yet, its still temporary.  As the draft gets closer, we typically all make lists of our guys.   I've watched 6 RBs among 25 guys I am compiling stats on.  I'll eventually watch them all.   So I got ways to go. 

I posted before the combine pushing both Rachaad White and Kyren Williams on the same day on the draft thread as intriguing pass catching RBs.  But as I've said multiple times on the draft thread, Williams clearly bombed the combine whereas White killed it.  So while I found the two players intriguing.  The fact that White had the 2nd best RAS among the top RBs at the combine and Kyren basically bombed the combine -- I would take White > Williams.   As much as I enjoy Williams pass blocking and he has decent hands, too.  I still probably won't touch him until the late rounds now.  White had a monster combine and his stats were solid too -- 1000 yards on the ground, 456 yards in the passing ground.

I recall you like James Cook.   As I told you, I was obsessed with his brother before that draft.  I spent a lot of time pushing Dalvin.  So i look forward to watching James.  He certainly is one of the more hyped prospects among mock drafters as are some other RBs who I haven't watched yet.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise

7 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I just sent the following urgent Western Union Telegram (I'm old school ok, emphasis on old) to Ron Rivera:

Attention Ron Rivera acting Commanders head coach, pending the return of Comrade Commander Snyder. STOP. Emergency warning message follows. STOP. Today is the Ides of March. STOP. Do not. Repeat. Do not under any circumstances sign ANY players today. STOP. Last year you signed Fitzpatrick on the Ides of March and we know how that ended. STOP. Take the day off. Stay home with your wife and family. Pet your dog. STOP. Tomorrow you can sign players with reckless abandon. STOP Whatever you do sign no one today and agree to no transactions. STOP. 

END OF TELEGRAM.

Just recieved the following telegram...

Attention CatcherInTheRye fka TrancesWithWolves. STOP Emergency message STOP Was heading out front door when a boy gave me your telegram this morning. STOP Realized it was ides of March. STOP Crossed myself and ran back inside house. STOP Turned off lights, closed shades, bolted doors, disconnected computers and phones. STOP Am hunkered down for the day. STOP We will not make any signings whatsoever today. STOP Please inform extremeskins not to worry. STOP You are a handsome and virile man that all women find irresistible. STOP Thanks Ron Rivera

END OF TELEGRAM

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

If true that would definitely be worth the wait. Twelve million makes us a potential player for the second wave of signs.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2020/3/19/21186561/understanding-the-post-june-1-designation

Totally forgot this piece...

Post-June first gives us more this year, but we get none of that ~12 until June.  Meaning we'd lose Collins and not gain cap for FA.  More in the article if anyone cares :)

image.png.776d7efbb35ebda0dd2ab8278bfeede4.png

• Sad 1