Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

That Christian Kirk deal must be pissing a lot of people off, aside for those involved of course. That’s set a damn high limit on those WRs left on the market. Draft is stacked as well. Madness.

The Campbell 10mil per year I’d a great deal for GB. They have a issue to sort with Adams not as the tag isn’t going to wash with him, but overall they have nailed it.

Not that much DB action doing on. Hope we are in the mix there.

Still like several options available to us across the board to be honest.

29 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Well, apparently T.Y. Hilton was praising Wentz on NFL Network

Hilton "liked" a negative tweet sent out by Indy's Darius Butler back on January 9th after Indy's final game loss. Some took that as Hilton ripping on Wentz. Maybe he wants a job and now likes Wentz? 

Edited by kingdaddy
re-word

15 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Don't even get tidbits about who we may be looking at.

Being professional stinks. I'm so bored.

44 Bored Memes that Say it All | Bored quotes funny, Funny true quotes,  Memes funny faces

I'm the anti Gordon gekko.  Gordon said greed is good.  I say boring on the first two days of free agency is good.  

• Like 3

Very rare that good off-ball LB deserving of a big contract hit the market. And unless it’s a defense-changing force in the middle it’s a very inefficient usage of resources. 

Tons of analytical work has been done about how poor the Fred Warner contract is for example, and he’s a pretty good player. Yet his impact is far outweighed by his contract. It’s just not a responsible way to spend resources usually.

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Jags get Engram....1 year, 9 mil. 

Tough to match the cap hit on a 1 year deal bc there’s no way to mitigate it, assuming anyone else was even interested in him, but he’s betting on himself. Damn hoped he’d be a cheaper alternative as a big slot to any of these WRs. On to the next 

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

Tough to match the cap hit on a 1 year deal bc there’s no way to mitigate it, assuming anyone else was even interested in him, but he’s betting on himself. Damn hoped he’d be a cheaper alternative as a big slot to any of these WRs. On to the next 

Could be RR likes the TE's we have???? Bigger plans for Reyes and Bates? 

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Could be RR likes the TE's we have???? Bigger plans for Reyes and Bates? 

Oh I’m sure, I don’t think there was even any news we were into Engram besides us talking in this thread 

• Haha 1

The good thing about TE is there are a lot of guys out there who can be serviceable until Thomas is 100%.  Cook, Hurst, uzomah, jarwin, Howard, Everett, and our very own RSJ.  We can still be patient and negotiate with the last couple standing at bargain prices.

Just now, Conn said:

Oh I’m sure, I don’t think there was even any news we were into Engram besides us talking in this thread 

No he isn't worth it. Wish he stayed in NY dropping passes and taking up cap space.

We need to resign RSJ and be done with TE

3 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

No he isn't worth it. Wish he stayed in NY dropping passes and taking up cap space.

We need to resign RSJ and be done with TE

I think being this unconcerned about TE is a risk, from a fan perspective, because Logan Thomas isn’t guaranteed to be exactly the same especially when the season starts. He’s almost 30 and relies on his athleticism to produce, big time. And that’s assuming there are no setbacks and he trusts the knee, mentally, as soon as he’s able to play again. None of that stuff is guaranteed and we’d be foolish to build the roster around Wentz this year as if it is.

But Rivera and crew have the daily info about his recovery and see Bates every day too, so I’ll roll with however comfortable they show themselves to be with the position. Good draft to grab a guy at TE in the mid rounds too—I still wish we’d drafted Foster Moreau a few years ago, he’d be a household name if he wasn’t stuck behind Waller. Good year to get a guy like that on a new rookie contract.