Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Montez Sweat’s brother killed in a shooting in Richmond

RichmondRedskin88

7 hours ago, RFK Lives said:

Prayers to the Sweat family.  

Wistar Village is not far from me but very different areas as I am near UR.

Henrico Co. 26 homicides this year up from 16 last year.  Richmond, far more.  Tough year.

Homicides up almost everywhere this year :(

Horrible news for the Sweat family. Just awful. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/washington-football-team-montez-sweats-brother-anthony-killed-in-virginia-shooting-021127997.html

Police said they received a call about a shooting around 4:09 p.m. on Tuesday, and that other people in the area had dispersed. Anthony was pronounced dead at the scene. It’s unclear what led up to the shooting.

Sweat was not at practice with Washington on Wednesday. Anthony’s death comes just months after their mother died earlier this year, too.

https://www.wtvr.com/news/local-news/brother-of-washington-football-team-player-montez-sweat-killed

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. -- Anthony R. Sweat, the 27-year-old brother of Washington Football Team player Montez Sweat, was killed in a shooting Tuesday evening in Henrico County, according to Crime Insider sources.

Henrico Police said the shooting happened just after 4 p.m. in the 7600 block of Wistar Village Drive. While some people ran away when shots erupted, others remained on the scene the help render aid, but it was too late.

EMS pronounced Anthony, the only victim of the shooting, dead at the scene.

Police confirmed he is from Stone Mountain, Georgia, but added that he was known to have ties to the Richmond area.

Edited by zskins
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, zskins said:

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. -- Anthony R. Sweat, the 27-year-old brother of Washington Football Team player Montez Sweat, was killed in a shooting Tuesday evening in Henrico County, according to Crime Insider sources.

Henrico Police said the shooting happened just after 4 p.m. in the 7600 block of Wistar Village Drive. While some people ran away when shots erupted, others remained on the scene the help render aid, but it was too late.

Wow... that address sounded familiar.  I spent three semesters living in that same apartment complex (called Bremnar Woods Apts in the mid-90s) as an intern in Innsbruck/Henrico Co.  The neighborhood seemed OK at the time, though a little on the low income side.

My deepest sympathies to the Sweat family.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1