Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Someone Tell Daron Payne's dad to BE QUIET!!!!

Playaction2Sanders

Before I come off like some a-hole fan I do want to be empathetic and want to be as understanding as possible, I am after all just a fan. I do not have the kind of investment in this team like a family member of this team would. It is a completely different animal and I try to understand there is so much behind the scenes that can't be said, things that are known that can impact their lives much more than any fan. So that being said, like any caring dad Daron's father came to the defense of his son after punch gate on IG saying Allen called him a female and Daron stood up for himself. Fine I don't have an issue with that, guys are competitive, things can get heated at times, fighting is so frond upon in the NFL yet in hockey its embraced. Let em have it out don't let things like that fester. However in his IG rant he said " Get a dam quarterback".

https://twitter.com/wfteamjordan/status/1475680067774988302/photo/1

Mr. Payne, I am a fan of your son, I know he's probably not getting the kind of respect in the media he deserves because he is getting overshadowed by Allen. A fantastic example of Payne's worth to me comes at some expense here vs Buffalo in JT O Sullivan's QB school where he's praising Josh Allen as he carved up our secondary. Here JT breaks down like 9-10 plays but in like 90% Payne is almost always the lone guy putting pressure on Allen. I know that probably behind closed doors and around the league though many players and coaches probably believe Payne is better than Allen, that he garners more attention and opens things up for Allen. I don't know, I'm just a fan but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.

That being said, your son is on a defense that is on pace to give up the 2nd most points in franchise History. Do we need a QB? How about a defense first. Here's a history lesson for you Mr. Payne and read this with your best reading glasses whether you have a prescription or not.

The 2004 Redskins had NO QB. Joe Gibbs first season back in his 2nd tenure, Newly acquired Clinton Portis leading the way with a rookie Sean Taylor. We had a defense under new leadership with Gregg Williams that started only 1 player from the previous season. They went guys like Lemar Marshall, Antonio Pierce, Ryan Clark, Joe Salave'a,  Chris Clemons. Most of these guys were role players, street free agents, special teamers few had significant starting experience. We did have guys like Cornelius Griffin, Shawn Springs ( who had 6 sacks and 5 picks that year and didn't get voted into the pro bowl), and Marcus Washington to take care of leadership.  

Our offense was putrid, it was the kind of offense that would have had you BEGGING for Taylor Heineke. They averaged 15 pts a game, where this team is averaging 20 pts a game. The 2nd WORST offense in franchise history only behind Petitbons '93 team.

Yet with all of our problems on offense, that defense went on to put together one of the best seasons I ever witnessed. We only went 6-10 but I watched every game that I could with the same enthusiasm as the season opener because that defense spoke to me, it felt like. They played with so much passion in 2004, they gave up 16 pts per game, the 3rd fewest points in a season in franchise history only behind the '92 team and well all know who Number #1 is in a 16 game season. But for me that 2004 team stuck out much more to me than the '91 team because they fought EVERY DAM WEEK, despite the fact they were on the field much longer than just about every defense that season knowing the offense wasn't going to give them much . Not from a lack of trying, but they didn't care, they busted heads, the flew, they ganged tacked, hyped each other played with a passion that actually had me in tears, FOR A 6-10 team. They never quit, never fought each other on the sidelines and they helped bring Redskins fans back to the stands.

I do not get the same feeling watching your son's defense. I see ton of talent on paper, but we've seen good defenses in the past and this one isn't one of them. So before you attack the offense, the QB, the OC anybody not on your sons side of the ball, look in the mirror vent your anger on that side of the ball because while your sons side of the ball may not be the entire problem with this team they certainly aren't being part of the solution. BE QUIET!!!

Edited by Playaction2Sanders
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I get a lot of what your saying. But the game has changed so much since those past seasons. It is a passing league now. You are just as likely to get a holding call on a run as you are a good gain nowadays. While passing the ball can lead to a defensive penalty almost every play. I agree completely that the defense, especially without Collins in the lineup, has been putrid. But you have to have a franchise QB to win in this league now. You just do.

lol "he called me a female" 

this whole thing has gotten blown way out of proportion. they're pissed off, Allen calls Payne a **** probably, Payne takes umbrage, they have a little spat. who cares

The only reason it got covered the way it did is because the game was totally non-competitive and the announcers needed something to talk about. I mean Al Michaels openly said like 5 times through the telecast they were trying to fill time

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bloodytusk said:

He needs to be told not to get bent out of shape about what people say on social media or to just say something along the lines of “don’t judge before you know the whole story”

And here's the thing though, I haven't seen anything vilifying Payne at all, and I don't view him that way either. I'm sure its a done issue at this point and hope it is. Its just yes the offense needs help, but the D isn't helping by giving up pts at a franchise record for the wrong reasons pace. If they played like the '04 team did I'd be the first to turn in my resume for campaign manager for Paynes father " We need a QB" campaign.

Edited by Playaction2Sanders

The edge rushers  received most of the criticisms when Ron discussed discipline with pass rush lanes, wonder if Payne is a part of that as well. Maybe he’s stat hunting a bit to secure a big pay day. Obviously, complete speculation. 

21 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

lol "he called me a female" 

this whole thing has gotten blown way out of proportion. they're pissed off, Allen calls Payne a **** probably, Payne takes umbrage, they have a little spat. who cares

The only reason it got covered the way it did is because the game was totally non-competitive and the announcers needed something to talk about. I mean Al Michaels openly said like 5 times through the telecast they were trying to fill time

I don’t know. Two of your best defensive players taking swings at each other will get people talking. 

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The edge rushers  received most of the criticisms when Ron discussed discipline with pass rush lanes, wonder if Payne is a part of that as well. Maybe he’s stat hunting a bit to secure a big pay day. Obviously, complete speculation. 

Sounds more like a shot at Sweat than Payne.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, No Nonsense said:

I don’t know. Two of your best defensive players taking swings at each other will get people talking. 

I've been wondering about this. Is this really a thing that never happens? I mean team maters get into fights every preseason. We read about it every year. Maybe that's an offense vs defense thing though and that makes it different. I've certainly seen players screaming at each other and getting in each other's faces on the sidelines. I've seen players being pulled away from player and players being pulled away from coaches.

I tend to think it is a big deal, but I don't know if this is the unicorn some make it out to be. Others may know better. Does this never happen, rarely happen, or is it something that happens, but not during a game, or happens, but usually isn't caught on camera?

5 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

For sure. But I put it into the "interesting, not important" category as Ron would say. Allen and Payne are super tight, we know that. This isn't Papelbon choking out Bryce Harper in the dugout. It's just frustrations boiling over. A non-issue in my opinion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I've been wondering about this. Is this really a thing that never happens? I mean team maters get into fights every preseason. We read about it every year. Maybe that's an offense vs defense thing though and that makes it different. I've certainly seen players screaming at each other and getting in each other's faces on the sidelines. I've seen players being pulled away from player and players being pulled away from coaches.

I tend to think it is a big deal, but I don't know if this is the unicorn some make it out to be. Others may know better. Does this never happen, rarely happen, or is it something that happens, but not during a game, or happens, but usually isn't caught on camera?

Guys occasionally get in each other’s faces, but rarely do they throw punches during games. At least from what I see. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think its a good look when any grown adult has their mommy or daddy fight for them over the internet.

I try to stay as low key as possible. Haven’t been on Facebook for like a decade. Legitimately close to 10 years. Started to get a bunch of texts the day before Christmas and come to find out my mom put happy first anniversary and a bunch of pictures all over FB. 

Point is….parents are out of control with this social media stuff. Back in my day they read the news paper and JET magazine. Now they are on FB telling all your old ex’s that you are married with a kid on the way and now I have to deal with that bull****. 

• Like 3

So, what I haven’t seen talked about is that all of this coming to light sheds some much needed clarity on the defense’s issues working together: they don’t like each other.

I’m not talking every one of them or anything like that. I’m sure most of them get along. But there is obvious tension.

In retrospect, when these guys make a play I can’t recall many times that one of their teammates was excited for them. Or at least a fellow DL.

Tension like that makes it difficult to find success. And part of me wonders if Chase’s difficulties have been in part due to toxicity in that room.

All of this could be a one time thing that just dissipates. But Payne’s Dad being involved tells me there’s more to this and it’s something that has been brewing for awhile. 

I’m not even saying Payne is the problem. Let me be clear here. He may not be. But whoever the biggest issues are in that room I would think need to be removed.

We’ll have to trust Rivera to straighten that out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KDawg said:

In retrospect, when these guys make a play I can’t recall many times that one of their teammates was excited for them. Or at least a fellow DL.

Good point, although in all fairness there hasn't been a ton of great moments this year. At the end of last year the defenses smiles and jumping around were infectious.