Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Football Team vs Dallas Cowboys Prediction Thread: The Rivalry Is Reborn

skins island connection

Who Wins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Raise Their Helmets In Victory?

• WFT
    • Cowboys

4 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I don't think we are capapble of winning a high scoring game. We win our way or we don't win. 

WFT 14 - Dallas 9

Agree that we're almost certainly not going to win shootouts, so basically our only path to victory hinges on our defense playing great. Our offense will have to put up some points, but not a ton.

But my assumption is that Dallas will score 20 points regardless. Our defense balled out big time vs Tampa, including multiple turnovers, and they still put up 20 points. Dallas is averaging 30 points per game. Us keeping them to 9 would be insane.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Agree that we're almost certainly not going to win shootouts, so basically our only path to victory hinges on our defense playing great. Our offense will have to put up some points, but not a ton.

But my assumption is that Dallas will score 20 points regardless. Our defense balled out big time vs Tampa, including multiple turnovers, and they still put up 20 points. Dallas is averaging 30 points per game. Us keeping them to 9 would be insane.

Exactly where I am. If the defense keeps Dallas in check then anything is possible for the team this season. Imho, they’re the best offense in the league with studs at just about each position and with the capability of scoring in any fashion. 

I truly believe our offense is capable of more than what we’ve seen and that turner needs to be better, but at the same time I admit that the grinding clock offense does mesh well with the current production of the defense. 

my worry is the game when we fall behind early and don’t have the ability to climb back. This matchup on paper feels like it could be the one.

the one immeasurable factor we have going is the magic surrounding this group. Some big injuries, some tough matchups, but still finding ways to win. I don’t know if grit will be enough, but this game will show us a lot about the potential of this club.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Keys to wining this game: Minimize penalties, be damn near perfect in the red zone, keep sustaining long drives.

I would add get off the field on 3rd down on D. 

I also agree with those saying a low scoring affair is unlikely. I believe we need to score at least 24 in not 27 to 30 to win. Can our Off do that against thier D? Not sure. They are getting a lot of pieces back just in time for a Div run. And we are losing people, key people. I do not have a good feeling about this game at all. If they jump out to a 14 to 17 pts lead I do not see a path back. We need to keep them within 1 score into the 4th Q to have any chance. I hate dallas as much as anyone but the reality is they have the better roster, at least right now, and it's not really close. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Keys to wining this game: Minimize penalties, be damn near perfect in the red zone, keep sustaining long drives.

Agree.  They got to contain Parsons who might be one of the top 3 pass rushers in the league right now.  Taylor has to avoid throwing ducks because Diggs won't drop picks he will catch them and take it to the house. 

• Like 4

I feel less confident with Sweat and possibly Davis out.

Heinicke is going to get picked if we ask him to throw often, so we need to run the ball constantly and win it.

I expect a huge game for Bates. He'll need to be on the field a lot to block anyway. Would love to see him clobber Parsons, the way he took out Crosby.

We have to hit Dak a lot and force bad throws or we are screwed.

Hopefully, Dallas getting both of their normal DEs back this week, moves Parsons back to LBer where he isn't disciplined.

14 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I also agree with those saying a low scoring affair is unlikely. I believe we need to score at least 24 in not 27 to 30 to win. Can our Off do that against thier D? Not sure. They are getting a lot of pieces back just in time for a Div run. And we are losing people, key people. I do not have a good feeling about this game at all. If they jump out to a 14 to 17 pts lead I do not see a path back. We need to keep them within 1 score into the 4th Q to have any chance. I hate dallas as much as anyone but the reality is they have the better roster, at least right now, and it's not really close. 

Good points.  We've lately been winning low scoring affairs where we've kept the score close.  If Dallas gets a big lead and we have to chunk it around the field and abandon the run some, it won't be easy.  Also we lucked out some not dealing with Waller and a 100% D-Jax last week.  Dallas I believe has every weapon loaded to go this Sunday.  Our secondary which was a hot mess earlier in the season has played better of late but Sunday is the ultimate test. 

Dallas' defense is one of the best in the league at takeaways, we are one of the worst as far as creating turnovers.  Dallas with almost double the takeaways that we got.  I think we got to flip that switch on Sunday somehow.    Heinicke has played well of late but I still don't trust him to avoid picks.  He was lucky he didn't have another pick or two on Sunday.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Good points.  We've lately been winning low scoring affairs where we've kept the score close.  If Dallas gets a big lead and we have to chunk it around the field and abandon the run some, it won't be easy.  Also we lucked out some not dealing with Waller and a 100% D-Jax last week.  Dallas I believe has every weapon loaded to go this Sunday.  Our secondary which was a hot mess earlier in the season has played better of late but Sunday is the ultimate test. 

Dallas' defense is one of the best in the league at takeaways, we are one of the worst as far as creating turnovers.  Dallas with almost double the takeaways that we got.  I think we got to flip that switch on Sunday somehow.    Heinicke has played well of late but I still don't trust him to avoid picks.  He was lucky he didn't have another pick or two on Sunday.  

Good point about the early lead. If Dallas comes out hot and goes up by a couple of scores and we have to start trying to get more big chunk pass plays, that probably wouldn't be a good thing, especially against a team that gets as many turnovers as they do.

We've been able to win recent games by a combination of our defense playing great and a ball control offense. But pretty much no defense is going to be able to shut down everyone. Eventually someone will get the better of them, even if it's for one or two games. Then we'd have to get away from ball control offense and move towards high scoring chunk pass offense, and that's probably not going to work very well for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I want to knock Dak out of this game and see who their backup QB is....McCarthy just took this game to another level and we need to kick their ass on Sunday. I wish this was a 4:00 game so our fans could get good and tuned up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

A cowboys fan leaving that stadium heart-broken isn't quite as good as a Washington fan leaving happy.

But it's close.

It's also better to have a cowboys fan leave his stadium heart broken and a Washington fan leaving happy.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

What I'm hoping for is a sloppy, low-scoring contest, one might even call ugly, where the WFT scrapes out another close victory and Mike McCarthy has to eat his words.  We all know he loves to eat.

What I'm concerned about is Dallas putting up points early and completely taking us out of what we want to do offensively.  What I'm certain of if this happens is that Scott Turner will get all the blame for "not calling the game to Taylor's strengths" when we fail to put points up on the board and/or turn it over.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I want to knock Dak out of this game and see who their backup QB is....McCarthy just took this game to another level and we need to kick their ass on Sunday. I wish this was a 4:00 game so our fans could get good and tuned up.

I do not think time will matter. Most will show up having been drinking since very early in the morning 🙂  

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin

image.png.b69b8f7dcb74082ded9e94520816c939.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What I'm hoping for is a sloppy, low-scoring contest, one might even call ugly, where the WFT scrapes out another close victory and Mike McCarthy has to eat his words.  We all know he loves to eat.

What I'm concerned about is Dallas putting up points early and completely taking us out of what we want to do offensively.  What I'm certain of if this happens is that Scott Turner will get all the blame for "not calling the game to Taylor's strengths" when we fail to put points up on the board and/or turn it over.

Itll completely be Turners fault that we didn't score 30 and make lots of long passes, instead of scheming for Heinicke as far as the Hives concerned. Heinicke wont even be responsible for his interceptions. Some blame will rest on our oline who can't pass block for him though.

Itll have nothing to do with us going against 3 solid pass rushers with a weak armed QB.

I'm glad we don't have a fat coach.