Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Russell's Bum Finger vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1511917340_ScreenShot2021-11-29at11_24_22PM.thumb.png.9ff08e320975480226009ee094c5a462.png

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Halftime should have been 10 to 7 (its on the OL, the blocked kick).

We're gonna set a record for kicks blocked, if we havn't already.

Blewitt had what, 3 of his own ?

Tress Way aint too bad at kickoffs, for someone who never does it

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is the sort of stuff that has in the past and continues to give me hope for Turner’s growth as a “with it” OC:

But there’s lots to improve. It’s just good that he’s near the forefront of these trends in the leagues’ offenses, because this stuff works. 

I've heard Sharp on the radio ditto his pal Silva tout Turner.  I get Sharp's books and he touts that certain tendencies statistically speaking = better offense and Turner for the most part adapts them.  Play action and pre snap motion are two big ones for him on that front.

• Like 5

Just a couple of questions for you fellow Redskins, surely there should be someone in the 46 players who can attempt a FG, a miss would have only put the Seahawks on there 13 yard line, not having someone could have cost us badly. Secondly how did Schweitzer play at C, he has been a good player at Guard last season and this when needed, when Sherff follows the money next year he would be my 1st choice as his replacement. 

• Thanks 1

I guess I should renounce my Fandom more often.

I swear I have some sort of strange vudu power over this team wherein if I'm actively rooting for success they suck!

I'll be in Vegas next week so if they lose by 30 I'm quite sure it'll be due to my proximity to the team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I want to hear about what went in to those three straight 3rd and short fails, because that's really only reason this game was close.  Theres really no excuse for doing that run call three times in a row and not giving Taylor a chance once to get it. 

They may like him, but they don't act like they trust him today, and I dont know why.  Its one thing to lean on the run game to protect Taylor, but its like they were trying to hide him today and it almost cost us the game.

This game says they are still serious about replacing him, I wouldn't yet, but seems coaching staff would.

I question this too. I don't think they don't trust him, more like they don't trust the OL and were trying to limit the injuries and speed the game up and end it. Its not bad logic, but it would have been more apt if we were up 2 scores instead of 1. 

2 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Why in the **** did Rivera not attempt the ****ing chip shot field goal?  You make it you’re up by two scores with less than a minute left!

This is not the first inexplicably stupid decision this guy has made.

Slye was injured so he had no place kicker. Not getting the 4th still made Seattle go the length of the field. The D had only given up 1st down all half. So is was not a stupid decision. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Why in the **** did Rivera not attempt the ****ing chip shot field goal?  You make it you’re up by two scores with less than a minute left!

Because even the chip shot wasn't a guarantee. They even showed the graphic for tress way and field goals, 1/6 IN PRACTICE. Ron made the right decision.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Just a couple of questions for you fellow Redskins, surely there should be someone in the 46 players who can attempt a FG, a miss would have only put the Seahawks on there 13 yard line, not having someone could have cost us badly. Secondly how did Schweitzer play at C, he has been a good player at Guard last season and this when needed, when Sherff follows the money next year he would be my 1st choice as his replacement. 

Schweitzer played well until he was injured. We played our 4th string C and still played well. Props to the Oline coach! 

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I question this too. I don't think they don't trust him, more like they don't trust the OL and were trying to limit the injuries and speed the game up and end it. Its not bad logic, but it would have been more apt if we were up 2 scores instead of 1. 

There is no reason with the way we were running all day and the last 3 weeks really to not expect to get 1 yd on 3rd and 1. O line played well for the most part but broke down on those plays. It's not always the paly call that is the problem. In this case it was poor execution by the oline. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

There is no reason with the way we were running all day and the last 3 weeks really to not expect to get 1 yd on 3rd and 1. O line played well for the most part but broke down on those plays. It's not always the paly call that is the problem. In this case it was poor execution by the oline. 

yeah you're right. but on the third try I was saying that its time to try something different . 

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Schweitzer played well until he was injured. We played our 4th string C and still played well. Props to the Oline coach! 

Seattle is also a very good defense. Man, I'd kill to have a MLB like that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

yeah you're right. but on the third try I was saying that its time to try something different . 

In fairness I was thinking the same thing at the time. But I have to give him credit for sticking with the game plan. But yea, maybe the 3rd time try a PA pass. Lots of quirky things in this game. The blocked EP (that was on he center), the barely calls that seemed to mostly go against us although they made some gaffs both ways, and the general flow of the game was jsut odd. WE lost our kicker and were down to our 4th C. Last but not least, Seattle reminded everyone thier D is still very good - better than I thought going in to be honest. 

The good, no great thing is, this is a game we have typically found a way to lose. Instead we found a way to win. They gave me reason to believe we can make another late season run and possibly even make some noise in the POs. I see beating LV as critical. Lose to them, and you undo way too much. It will be near impossible to win all 5 Div games. But I like our chances against LV. Thier D is not as good as Seattle's although thier Off can put up pts. We have to travel across country on a short week. That kind of sucks. But coming off a big win that travel becomes a bit easier. Should be a good game. 

• Like 2

Just now, Rocky21 said:

It’s the head coach’s job to have a back up plan if…I don’t know…something like the kicker gets injured in a game and you need to attempt a field goal.  

the backup plan was to go for 2 (which we got) and go for it on 4th down (which we had then the refs overturned it).

This is from the Athletic article

"Antonio Gibson, who battled through a nasty shin injury earlier this season, blasted the Seahawks for 111 yards on a career-high 29 carries Monday night. His backfield partner J.D. McKissic scored a pair of 10-yard touchdowns, one on the ground and one through the air that gave Washington a 17-9 lead midway through the third quarter. McKissic was carted off in the fourth quarter with a neck injury, but cleared the initial postgame exams."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

It’s the head coach’s job to have a back up plan if…I don’t know…something like the kicker gets injured in a game and you need to attempt a field goal.  

Are you implying that we should cut Way for a punter that is really good at kicking extra points? Because I have no idea what else this might mean.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Wow, Seahawk fans surprisingly want to get rid of WIlson and keep Pete. Didn't see that turn of events.

I heard that during the whole I want out thing last offseason. Thought it might change. I saw Pete's press conference and he had no problem throwing Russell under a bus. When asked about Russell's performance, he said "The tape doesn't lie. We missed some things out there." Should be an interesting offseason for the Seahawks. Hope it's a ****ing disaster. I hate that team. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Dude had no kicker. Tress Way is a lefty, even if he tired. Holding for a lefty is way different than for a righty

• Like 1

1 minute ago, just654 said:

Dude had no kicker. Tress Way is a lefty, even if he tired. Holding for a lefty is way different than for a righty

Yeah I get the process for a lefty kicker is waaaay different than that for a right footed kicker.  Plus Tress is the normal holder.  Every good team is prepared for an in-game injury like we experienced last night.  If we had been ready we could have iced the game instead of that stomach churning, nail biting last minute that we had last night.

Let’s put it this way.  I bet we practice back up field goals this week. 😁