Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What actually makes America great?

88Comrade2000

Natural resource rich, especially when you take into account climate (though that is likely to change).

We can easily produce enough food to feed ourselves and even lots of other people in the world.  That's a huge advantage over countries that don't really have the ability (because of climate, growing seasons, land conditions, etc.) that can't generate enough food to feed a reasonable sized population (unless it is offset by some sort of other advantage (e.g. oil, which we also have plenty of)).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I actually think the statement Reagan made, is dead on.   What other country in the world can you really become a part of?   Yes, other countries have immigrants but you are always thought of being a foreigner; no matter how long you live there.    In the U.S. , even though you may come from elsewhere; you can be thought as an American.  

I've been in the U.S. since I was 8-9 months old, in 1969 and a citizen since I was 10.  I am an American; even if many MagaAmericans don't consider me one.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

My opinion:

we are great. We have so many things that are great about this country. 

our issue is that access to our country’s greatness is a little, limited shall we say. 

we fall on metrics not because the entire system is inadequate but because there are enough inadequate parts it drags our rankings down. 

tech. Education. Medical. Finance. Damn near every industry. 

we just need to find a way to give the bottom portion better access to our greatness. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, tshile said:

My opinion:

we just need to find a way to give the bottom portion better access to our greatness. 

Unfortunately, unless we do that, especially with regard to education and mental health, I fear we as a country will be brought down to the lowest common denominator and lose our greatness.

• Like 2

Prior to the Nazis, Germany was way ahead of the rest of the world in Physics. Then came anti-Semitism, brutal repression, and political ideology overriding what science would be acceptable.  All of that meant the brain drain over to the US.  It's a lesson we seem to have willfully ignored in the Maga-verse.  We have most of the best universities in the world, and the best and brightest would come here for an education, and then decide to stay, because they had more opportunities to be a tremendous success here.  Now populism from both Trumpies and lefties is pushing these people out.  We should be welcoming immigrants, especially given our aging population, rather than booting them out...or worse, harassing those of color as "not real Muricans."

• Like 1