Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr Ed's Mile High Ride

TK
Message added by TK,

854007137_ScreenShot2021-10-31at7_21_22PM.thumb.png.c04efb06d5e19f58dd2c6ee286db677b.png

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

Truth. The reality is Chase has underwhelmed, but every play on offense begins in Taylor’s hands. That’s essentially why QBs make so much money. An entire offense lives and dies with their effectiveness.

It's really hard to find a part of this team that you can say, "Well, at least they have that going for them."

Both Denver and Green Bay were begging to be beaten. We lived in their red zone. We failed and failed and failed and failed to score. We failed as passers, runners, and kickers.  And when we most needed a stop, the defense stopped playing. It's almost like sabotage.

I can't even get upset at the refs this game because it was largely a flagless game. The only thing I thought odd was that it looked like Bridgewater wasn't close to a first down on that QB sneak on fourth down, but that could have been a bad TV angle, I suppose.

• Like 1

To me Heinicke is a good backup. 

We can blame this person or that person or this player or that player, heck I can recall a single coach we’ve had over the years who wasn’t a villain to some in real time.

But the bottom line has been the same the whole time/it’s a quarterback league and we’ve not had the quarterback.

We go into gun fights with a knife and sometimes get bogged down about side plots as to the cause of the loss. But IMO the big picture is plain as day.

If I recall Belichick has a losing record without Brady.  I doubt GB is winning because of Matt LeFleur or name that player aside from Aaron Rodgers.

NEs future looks brighter now because of Mac Jones. On and on.

I know i am stating the obvious but feels good to vent 😀

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

It's really hard to find a part of this team that you can say, "Well, at least they have that going for them."

Both Denver and Green Bay were begging to be beaten. We lived in their red zone. We failed and failed and failed and failed to score. We failed as passers, runners, and kickers.  And when we most needed a stop, the defense stopped playing. It's almost like sabotage.

I can't even get upset at the refs this game because it was largely a flagless game. The only thing I thought odd was that it looked like Bridgewater wasn't close to a first down on that QB sneak on fourth down, but that could have been a bad TV angle, I suppose.

With an average QB this team could very well be 4-3 at this point with the toughest part of their schedule more or less over. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ksun247 said:

We are the Get Right Game for everyone. 

We've been for 20 years....

I'm not sure we'll have some Next Day Thread tomorrow... KD will definately have more fun doing tricks or treats with kids than watching our kicker get 2 blocked FG in a single game...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

every play on offense begins in Taylor’s hands. That’s essentially why QBs make so much money. An entire offense lives and dies with their effectiveness.

That is the bottom line, everything else is minor league stuff.

We need a QB. Everything else is small time in comparison.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To me Heinicke is a good backup. 

I've felt that way about him entering the season, but now I'm starting to doubt even that. Our scores have been shrinking 4 weeks in a row. We're at a TD and FG or two. I love marching up and down the field, but if the points aren't coming, can we really say our backup is good if he struggles to put up 2 TDs in a single game?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah I mean the **** flows downhill in a big way but that doesn’t make it impossible to evaluate how bad an individual QB’s skillset is. Again, plenty of problems all over the roster, coaching staff, FO, and everywhere else. This franchise is ****ed from the concession stands all the way up to ownership. That doesn’t mean Heinicke isn’t bad. 

you are aware his current receivers besides McLaurin feature seventh round rookies, former UDFAs and guys who were supposed to only be return men.  When you're throwing to barely adequate WRs it's hard to look any good

17 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Even if we have a Top 5 pick; anyone really trust Rivera making the right pick.

Cosmi and St. Juste were good picks.  But boy oh boy was the Davis pick a mistake.  So, hard to say.  I don’t know how much day he had in the Chase Young pick (or was that a Kyle Smith decision).

And only this perspective can i understand the intense scrutiny some put on Chase, but can you imagine the circles some would be doing here if we drafted Tua instead and the results were the same? We'd never hear the end of it.

1 minute ago, markmills67 said:

Anybody know why we didn’t run the ball at all inside the 20 with 2 minutes and 3 Timeouts left. Never even had a RB in the backfield, making life easier for the Defence. 

Pfft... where's the fun in that?

Yes. I have created a thread and pushed hard for it in just about every thread at this point. You have to start taking chances at the QB position in the draft until you hit one. It is about the only thing that will save this fan base and the team itself IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrJL said:

you are aware his current receivers besides McLaurin feature seventh round rookies, former UDFAs and guys who were supposed to only be return men.  When you're throwing to barely adequate WRs it's hard to look any good

At a certain point when can you stop describing them as "barely adequate" simply because of where they were drafted? For example, you give him leeway for being an UDFA by claiming he's only got UDFA to throw to so it's not really his fault. 

14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Truth. The reality is Chase has underwhelmed, but every play on offense begins in Taylor’s hands. That’s essentially why QBs make so much money. An entire offense lives and dies with their effectiveness.

Nope.

Every play on offense begins in Chase Roullier's hands.

• Haha 1