Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Most bone-headed action by Washington QB?

The Rook

Most bone-headed action by Washington QB?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. I'm sure I am forgetting some, but strikes you as the most bone-headed play or action by Washington QB? Has someone overtaken Gus Frerotte?

• Gus Frerotte - sprained his neck head-butting a wall
    • RG3 - diving outstretched for the end zone and "tossing" ball through it
    • Kirk Cousins - taking a knee instead of spiking the ball at the end of the half
    • Dwayne Haskins - taking selfie with fans when needed on field
    • Dwayne Haskins - the COVID party
    • Taylor Heinicke - doing the Lambeau Leap after not scoring a TD

A little bit apples and oranges take here.  Gus' move was dumb but he was excited.  Haskins is Haskins but the other items on the list relate to knowing the situation and the rules.  QB's have to know the rules and agree with previous poster, even if the receivers aren't going to run the pattern, you don't take a knee.  

58 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I chose Kirk taking the knee, and i dont hate him. I like when he and the Vikings win games (in fact, I’ll be the biggest Kirk/Vikings fan on Halloween...). Just because someone chooses that, doesn’t mean they hate him. To claim that, is silly. 

Its silly to think i looked at this poll and thougth wow Lots of people must hate Kirk Cousins, the fact is kirk gets a lotta hatred on this board especially for being someone who we didnt give up draft picks for and played the best he could which actually was the best IMO this organization has had in 30 years, now thats just my opinion...I dont see why so many feel as though he did this organization wrong when the reality is we are a complete failure of a franchise with a complete Tool at the top of it all. Kirk was a good quarterback i find it difficult for wft fan members that try to prove me otherwise, 4th round pick improved over his career, gave me some damn good memorable moments being a fan of this team especially the "YOU LIKE THAT GAME" never saw this team in my fanhood come back from down 24 points pounding aaron rodgers on SNF, leading us to a home playoff game etc... ...so yeah that being said had i want to be specific i would have said "thread" instead of board...the sad thing is the glory days were when he was the QB for me since i wasnt at an age to remember the actual glory days and sadly after going through 9 qbs after him 2014-2017 might be the only glory days i have for the rest of my life supporting this team since it seems it may take another 30 years before we find stability at the position. 

Edited by CjSuAvE22

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You know the Kirk hate runs deep when the first 2 votes are for him in a game he won to get to the playoffs, the day after a bad loss in an awful season, where Heineke takes a knee and doesn't extend for a TD, does a Lambeau leap, TD gets overturned, gets another chance and then fumbles immediately on the goal line and team doesn't score.  🤣

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Haha we have a lotta cousins haters on this board, yeah I guess he took the knee before half he also ended up winning that game....

I voted for Gus, but as far as Kirk, it's the "most boneheaded action" not "most boneheaded game". He ended up winning that game, but that doesn't change how hilariously dumb it was when he took a knee instead of spiking the ball.  :ols:

45 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm no Cousins hater. It's kind of annoying that there is so much of this hate that we can't even mention his name in threads today. But I voted for Kirk because the Gus thing was just spontaneous celebration where Kirk's just looked so bad at the time.  

I think a lot to do with it is that we drafted him in the same class as the golden child R G III, fans absolutely loved him and kirk was just some outsider trying to find his way in. But I do think it was boneheaded to not spike the ball lol i just dont think its so egregious and terrible especially since he won the game in the end.

7 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I think a lot to do with it is that we drafted him in the same class as the golden child R G III, fans absolutely loved him and kirk was just some outsider trying to find his way in. But I do think it was boneheaded to not spike the ball lol i just dont think its so egregious and terrible especially since he won the game in the end.

I won't get into the Kirk debate again, I've learned my lesson. It's clear as @CjSuAvE22posted that he is still the best QB this team has had in 30 years but haters gonna keep on hating for some reason.    

But that play at the end of the half  was just such a bad look. It does not matter that we ended up winning the game, the poll question said  "action" and IMO this was worse than a spontaneous celebration. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

But that play at the end of the half  was just such a bad look. It does not matter that we ended up winning the game, the poll question said  "action" and IMO this was worse than a spontaneous celebration. 

Thats the thing about being human is we see this in different ways and its OK...lol maybe i defend kirk too much and yeah i think it was def boneheaded just spike the ball and we get 3 free points...

I want to say Kirk but honestly the Haskins selfie thing while the game was going had to be the dumbest **** I have ever seen, and despite what I wanted to tell myself at the time it absolutely was a precursor to the rest of his career lol

Edit: Budlightikies Lambo Lump has to be the most embarrassing though. For him, I mean. I laughed at him myself lolol

Edited by Llevron
  • Thumb up 1

Yeah even with Jay's explanation the Kirk thing still stays, because it was still a boneheaded move he made when he panicked. There were 24 seconds on the play clock. If your guys aren't lining up where you think they should you can go over to them and say something to try and figure out the situation. The worst thing you can do is take a snap and then take a knee. Just bizarre.

• Like 1

The haskins picture with the two fans, that has never bothered me, and it never will. The ending to that game was confusing, the game clock read all zeros until the refs changed it, it was his first NFL win....i just can’t blame him for all the excitement, plus seeing two fans motion him over to them for a picture, to cause him to not notice three seconds were added on. Plus, it was a kneeldown, they weren’t going to lose just because the starter wasn’t on the field to take a knee. 

everything else he did was stupid and i blame him for those, but this has always been a non issue to me. Sorry. Just my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The haskins picture with the two fans, that has never bothered me, and it never will. The ending to that game was confusing, the game clock read all zeros until the refs changed it, it was his first NFL win....i just can’t blame him for all the excitement, plus seeing two fans motion him over to them for a picture, to cause him to not notice three seconds were added on. Plus, it was a kneeldown, they weren’t going to lose just because the starter wasn’t on the field to take a knee. 

everything else he did was stupid and i blame him for those, but this has always been a non issue to me. Sorry. Just my opinion. 

If the clock read zeros that does kind of change it for me.  I wasn't aware of that.  

2 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Gus, and I'm shocked that it's close. He destroyed his career celebrating a TD. There's ironic stuff, like the Lambeau Lump and the Haskins selfie, but those are short-term mistakes.

Didn't he play until 2008 with multiple teams, I'm not sure I'd say "career" was ended by it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Man, I 'almost' forgot about Haskins selfie.  Feels like ages ago.

Same.

And the more I think about it, at the time I didn't really think it was too much of an issue, but with hindsight and all, we should have collectively been angrier about that.

• Like 2

What Gus did was dumb, but IMO what Kirk did was dumber.  Kirk totally panicked.

Added:  In reality, Gus' boneheaded celebration didn't cost any points.  Kirk cost the team a FG try.  But Heinicke's boneheaded play cost the team a much needed TD.  Heinicke is absolutely in strong contention for being the worst.

Edited by cakmoney61
Added a short paragraph.