Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, zCommander said:

So you saying to extended something that was already extended in February of that year :rofl89:

By the way, I wanted Taylor to start before we got Fitzmagic. I liked how he played in the playoff game and wanted more of that. ;)

In another words get off my ****ing porch you late Taylor bloomer!

It was to avoid a Cousins situation. No qb should start unless he’s locked in on a deal the team controls. TH had no leverage then. You lock him to a team friendly 3 year extension which the team can exit easily. He doesn’t sign, he doesn’t start. TH is going to make a lot more than people think this off season. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It was to avoid a Cousins situation. No qb should start unless he’s locked in on a deal the team controls. TH had no leverage then. You lock him to a team friendly 3 year extension which the team can exit easily. He doesn’t sign, he doesn’t start. TH is going to make a lot more than people think this off season. 

What the hell you even talking about. That is not how contracts work. You can't just extended someone the same year they have already been extended. :806:

Plus he was a backup QB that came in to start. Huge difference. 

Edited by zCommander

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I doubt it. Nobody else in the league is gonna commit to a guy who struggles to throw for 150 yards a game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zCommander said:

What the hell you even talking about. That is not how contracts work. You can't just extended someone the same year they have already been extended. :806:

Plus he was a backup QB that came in to start. Huge difference. 

They signed him to a 2 year deal. You can extend him when circumstances change. 

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They dont draft and trade for another qb if they had long term plans for heinicke, we are still a mediocre team with the biggest hole at qb you dont fix that by signing a back up qb to an extension, backups are let go all the time and if he wants to get paid and leaves that’s fine with me 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

They dont draft and trade for another qb if they had long term plans for heinicke, we are still a mediocre team with the biggest hole at qb you dont fix that by signing a back up qb to an extension, backups are let go all the time and if he wants to get paid and leaves that’s fine with me 

He is 10-4 in his last 14 games. He’s not a backup. He has beaten Brady and Rogers. Taken out two undefeated teams with 8 or more wins. He is a legend. Not a backup.

Maybe it was Alex smith who beat the Steelers. But close enough. 😂 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, zCommander said:

But not in October of last year though lol

You are reaching at best to make some sort of sense in your head only. 

that was a while ago, the circumstances at the time warranted the discussion. I’m not even sure if it was this thread or a different one. Regardless, TH4 is the man for now! It’s also hilarious because 99.9% of the time I’m always telling people a player is a bust. It’s not like I’m some crazy homer. But the level of entertainment TH has provided is nothing short of magic. Im having so much fun watching this team.

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He is 10-4 in his last 14 games. He’s not a backup. He has beaten Brady and Rogers. Taken out two undefeated teams with 8 or more wins. He is a legend. Not a backup.

Maybe it was Alex smith who beat the Steelers. But close enough. 😂 

Youve got to do it in game threads right after the game and everyones had some beers

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd say Smith in his prime was more of a league average type. Heinicke is clearly below average.

Yea, I can't tell if folks are comparing prime Alex or when he was here.

Prime KC Alex and any Taylor are not comparable.

Then are we talking before or after he almost lost his leg?

A little fun with stats. The winning percentage of the teams with top 10 defenses (yards per game) in the NFL, the QBs of the teams within that grouping that finished above .500, and the passer rating of the QBs that I'm anticipating being told that Taylor Heinicke is better than. (Heinicke's passer rating was 85.9 last year and 82.7 this year) Additionally there's the last 4 Superbowl participants and their respective defensive ranking. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLiwnYt4K_h8mZzvNnLkhK8S4fqMsokvnqkb-O1A9pk/edit?usp=sharing

QB is this team's number 1 need.  

• Like 1

This team, with Taylor, has beaten the undefeated Philadelphia Eagles (who still only have 1 loss) and very much could have beat the Vikings. They can beat anybody.

The better this team does with Taylor, the more likely someone like Brady or Carr or Garoppolo will sign here in the offseason. Every week we further make the case that we're just a QB away.

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

This team, with Taylor, has beaten the undefeated Philadelphia Eagles (who still only have 1 loss) and very much could have beat the Vikings. They can beat anybody.

The better this team does with Taylor, the more likely someone like Brady or Carr or Garoppolo will sign here in the offseason. Every week we further make the case that we're just a QB away.

“Ok Tom, the thing is, we really need to pay Payne, and we wanna beef up the oline for you… so how does 10mil over the next 2 years sound to you?”  :)

3 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

And once he takes us to the Super Bowl this year are we still a QB away?

34 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I’d gladly ink Tiny T to another 2yr/$4.5M deal.  Beyond that, I’d encourage him to test the market.

I'd guess he gets like 5-6 million a year.  But agree he can test the market, no one is breaking the bank for him. 

He will be a 30 year old, with a weak arm, with barely over 60% completion rate, averages a TD a game and 160 yards or so, and throws one of the higher number of interceptable passes in the league.

I'd bet Mike White for example would get more. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

And once he takes us to the Super Bowl this year are we still a QB away?

Yup. There's a reason there's a statue of Nick Foles outside the Linc and yet they're starting Jalen Hurts while Foles isn't even holding a clipboard but is straight up inactive QB3 in Indianapolis.

I genuinely believe there is a chance Heinicke leads us to a Super Bowl this year, in which case I will be first in line for when they unveil his statue mannequin outside FedEx and I'll be first in line on Redskin Commander One to go sign Brady or Carr or Jimmy G when free agency starts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

But the level of entertainment TH has provided is nothing short of magic. Im having so much fun watching this team

When you say this, it’s borderline disrespectful to the overall team and coaching staff for that matter.

TH isn’t providing much entertainment.  I’d go so far as to say he was more entertaining early last season.  For me it hats off to our coordinators for conjuring up complimentary schemes, where offensively they have to grin and bear it.  There are only but so many ways to run the ball and when they throw it often times there are multiple guys D3 open.  Guys like BRob with a gunshot wound just willing his way through guys.  AG holding on to the ball and accepting his new role and thriving. Then you have JDR who had folks calling for his head and the whole unit is playing ball.

Two things I noticed since TH took over:

1.  Much less sacks.

2.  Much less dropped balls.

TH might not be able to throw 35+ yarders but he keeps the drives alive, which gives us a chance to win. 

Wentz, on the other hand, really should not play another down for us.  I guess I am traumatized by his drive-ending sacks/fumbles/INTs.

1 hour ago, petey hodge said:

now people are celebrating our Defense as the only reason we’re winning games and are even a SB team.

Remember when Jack Del Taco was the donkey earlier this season?

the North Remembers

image.gif.d9455b25961120ab2d6c27a37cf91e64.gif

So does Peppridge Fahm. Del Taco is still a donkey.

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Im more concerned about figuring out the fix. I dont see any path to acquring one next year thats worthy of building around or a great one to drop in. Its more mediocre QBs that will be available. 

I'm actually intrigued by Russell Wilson. His career may have one foot on a banana peel and the other in the grave, but a lot of the issues that team has aren't him, they're coaching related. If he's got a little left in the tank, his ability to throw deep would be a good match for what Scott wants to do and what our receivers can excel at.

55 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I’m not saying Wentz was good, he was not, but the D was playing nowhere near as good as it’s playing now. 

True. They absolutely are. However, I give Heine credit for not being Wentz in that department. He doesn't throw a boatload of picks and take a bunch of dumb sacks every game when he could have just thrown the ball away. That kind of stuff kills you in the field position game, gives more offensive snaps to the opponent, and it wears your defense down because you're unable to sustain offense for very long to keep them fresh.

8 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

When he's on my TV screen hoisting the Lombardi we can have that conversation, but the odds of that happening are very slim. 

Are you kidding me?! This man will decimate Allen or Mahommes in a Super Bowl shootout.

I’m having a blast this year watching our team play their hearts out and be rewarded with wins. I enjoy seeing TH get pumped after a big play on offense and defense. I enjoy reading texts or seeing the looks of my friends who cheer for the eagles, cowboys, or giants every time this team gets closer to the playoffs. Especially the eagles fans who just say “we lost to a doodoo team that the refs threw”. Stay salty my friends.

I understand some of the push for TH was because people wanted to punt this season or to further evaluate a guy who wasn’t going to grow a rocket arm. what I don’t get is how people can sit there and watch this team or any other NFL team with above average play and say TH is the answer at QB. Most of us can all agree that he’s the answer this year. That’s mostly because he can at least run some of the offense well, while Wentz is who we knew he was and Howell is a rookie.