Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

There legit isn’t an option. Jimmy G is nyj bound. The draft isn’t happening. Who the hell does that leave? Maybe Rodgers asks out GB for a last hurrah? I see a Wentz Howell QB room next year. Levis 🤮. Let’s see about Richardson but I doubt he comes out. I want nothing to do with Levis and nothing to do with Ron picking the next QB in a lame duck year. If Ron’s gone like I’m still expecting then just blow the whole thing up next year anyways. 

this franchise is in the crack of all cracks of needing to go one direction or the other. Unfortunately the go for it route doesn’t have an option that I would consider. 

Hello, its the present time. Nice to meet you. Maybe worry about next year after the season or at least till we get eliminated. 

We have been going in lots of directions for the last 30 years!  What’s another 5 games (hopefully more) to let it go?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I think we will be the night game at 8:15 Eastern. Cowboys Giants was biggest Thanksgiving game ever ratings wise. They want more NFC East. 5 games are up to be moved in week 15 to Saturday and they will choose 3. There is no way we aren’t getting chosen to be one.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/12/five-games-are-eligible-for-week-15-saturday-triple-header/amp/

Cool that’s what I was thinking too, traveling from left coast to be home for holidays and land before 3 on 12/17. Going to game will be an option then!

• Thumb up 2

9 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

There legit isn’t an option. Jimmy G is nyj bound. The draft isn’t happening. Who the hell does that leave? Maybe Rodgers asks out GB for a last hurrah? I see a Wentz Howell QB room next year. Levis 🤮. Let’s see about Richardson but I doubt he comes out. I want nothing to do with Levis and nothing to do with Ron picking the next QB in a lame duck year. If Ron’s gone like I’m still expecting then just blow the whole thing up next year anyways. 

this franchise is in the crack of all cracks of needing to go one direction or the other. Unfortunately the go for it route doesn’t have an option that I would consider. 

There’s nothing saying Jimmy goes to NYJ.  Maybe, but maybe not.

Rodgers can’t get out if GB.  It would be a $100m cap hit.  That’s not physically possible.

Carr is a maybe.

Tannehill is another possibility if Tenn moves in from him.  

None of these are great options.  I think there is still a chance Wentz is on the roster.

They could trade up for a QB.  However, the bust rate of QBs in the draft, even in the top 15, is massive and seems to be growing.  

I think you might be right it might be the same QB room.

If they invested in OL, I think that might be ok.  But who knows.  

I just want TH off the team.  Remove him as a possibility.  He’s a binky for Ron and Scott.  He needs gone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I just want TH off the team.  Remove him as a possibility.

Lets say Heinicke takes us to the playoffs and we even win one playoff game. You don’t think he deserves to be the possible starter next year let alone on the team. Jeez did Taylor do something against your family or something?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Lets say Heinicke takes us to the playoffs and we even win one playoff game. You don’t think he deserves to be the possible starter next year let alone on the team. Jeez did Taylor do something against your family or something?

He threw rocks at my house, but his arm was too weak to reach anything.

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Nope. 

Just like the year Tim Tebow led the Broncos to the playoffs by getting lucky over and over again, even beat the Stealers in OT, and was immediately dumped for Peyton Manning coming off of neck surgery because everybody knew he was a fraud of a QB.

Heinicke is identical, just even less talented.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, CommanderCarson said:

Seriously please raise your hand if you think heineke is the future. 

Now also raise your hand if you think the people coming in acting like heineke is the worst QB of all time and we are the 85 Bears D combined with the greatest show on turf just waiting to be unleashed with even Teddy Bridgewater level QB play are absolutely missing the mark.

(I hope no one here thinks heineke is the future AND the greatest show on turf O + 85 Bears D is being held back by QB play, you’d think that’s a conflict of interest) 

It’s getting old. Just cause you spent all off season dismissing the fact heineke belongs on an NFL roster and that it was absolutely crazy bonkers insane to act like heineke should have ever been considered as an option (which I agree with trying to upgrade and trying to take a chance on a Wentz), doesn’t mean he’s doing absolutely nothing and that Wentz could just stroll in and produce the same results.

We’re 7-5 in literally the first time in forever, in the drivers seat for a playoff spot 12 games in and all I see a handful of posters doing is acting like it’s a matter of time before it all comes crashing down. I mean maybe it does, but what the hell is the actual point in following this cursed ass team that’s sucked for YEARS if all you can think of is winning with a more flashy style of play with a big armed QB that just happens to take more sacks and negative plays when we’re 7-5? Like I said, first time in forever. It’s honestly insane and it makes me feel really badly for those that get more emotionally invested in the method of winning as opposed to actually just flat out winning. 

To those that say, “well it’s limiting the potential of how far they can go,” well fantastic and I agree. But we’re also never 7-5 and usually 4-8 so what the hell is the point of acting like that’s a problem when we don’t get to the dance in the first place? It’s surreal to me, just enjoy it and worry about QB next year in the offseason. 

Heine belongs on an NFL roster....as a backup. Admittedly a decent backup, but that's his ceiling and it means the team's ceiling is probably nine or ten wins each season and maybe lucking into a paloff win here and there. Thing is, the defense and running game are dragging Heine along for wins against mostly bad teams and you're just not going to get very far that way. For RR, who's finally off the hot seat, it's good enough. Good for Heine and hopefully the team has a fun run to close out the season for a welcome change. However, for those of us that would like to entertain the idea of deep paloff runs someday, in the intermediate to longer term, that's just not enough.

Just now, The Sisko said:

Heine belongs on an NFL roster....as a backup. Admittedly a decent backup, but that's his ceiling and it means the team's ceiling is probably nine or ten wins each season and maybe lucking into a paloff win here and there. Thing is, the defense and running game are dragging Heine along for wins against mostly bad teams and you're just not going to get very far that way. For RR, who's finally off the hot seat, it's good enough. Good for Heine and hopefully the team has a fun run to close out the season for a welcome change. However, for those of us that would like to entertain the idea of deep paloff runs someday, in the intermediate to longer term, that's just not enough.

Fantastic, for those that have spent the last 20+ years waiting to win football games and now we’re finally doing it, please forgive us if we don’t want to hear about how the first guy that’s actually finding a way to do it for us should be improved upon in said season that said QB is actually accomplishing something that no one really has done around here. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Is he? 

He can only win if you run the ball 40 times and have a top 5 defense.  

If you ask him to throw the ball more than 25 times, he can’t and will turn it over at an astounding rate.  

For a guys who handle has reason in it seems like you have a personal vendetta against the guy. Maybe focus on getting into the playoffs then who is playing qb for us next year. 

And I think the Tebow comparison is a bit of a stretch. Tebow was a first round pick. 

Edited by skinsfan93

8 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Let's say that does happen and he's anointed the starter going into next season. How's his 150 yards per game with 1.5 TDs and an interception going to look when we're not playing a last place schedule? Here's a hint...

capjz0c2q1c41.gif

That sudden stop is no joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

just want TH off the team.  Remove him as a possibility.  He’s a binky for Ron and Scott.  He needs gone. 

I have never hated watching a player more. It’s a constant reminder of the lack of long term planning for the most important position in sports. The constant one season approach to team building thag has plagued this franchise for 20 years. 

I despise him 

• Haha 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

Sheesh...at least we didn't give up the farm for Wilson. Can you imagine the **** we would be going through right now. This thread would be out of control. I will take the two Touchdowns from Heiny and the great game from BRob. D kind of got worked today but held up.....on to next week.

Terry Bradshaw was discussing what a huge mistake the Wilson trade was.  He said it’s stupid to mortgage your team for one player.

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I have never hated watching a player more. It’s a constant reminder of the lack of long term planning for the most important position in sports. The constant one season approach to team building thag has plagued this franchise for 20 years. 

I despise him 

If you despise him so much. Simple solution don’t follow the Taylor or the team. 

4 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Let's say that does happen and he's anointed the starter going into next season. How's his 150 yards per game with 1.5 TDs and an interception going to look when we're not playing a last place schedule? Here's a hint...

capjz0c2q1c41.gif

That sudden stop is no joke.

Sure we may crash and burn but that can happen to anyone. Heck look at the Rams this year with Stafford signed long term or the Broncos trading for Russell. 

Can’t we just focus on this season?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Once Chase Young gets back into football shape we are going to have a championship defense or an even better one than we have now. It’s not delusional to see us winning the NFC. We just handed the Eagles an L and could have easily pulled out the Vikings game. Bunch of you will be upset we are in the Super Bowl with TH4 as QB! 😂 

Mid February in Arizona is going to be great. I bet on us to win the NFC and the whole show as an insurance policy to cover my costs to go to the game. This is not a 1 and done team in the playoffs. We are going to the show. So buckle up and enjoy the ride! 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I despise him 

I don’t hate the kid.  

He also was never supposed to be playing.

What just irritates me is people who want to argue he is more than he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar1156 said:

Aaron Rodgers might be available.

No.  It’s a $100M cap hit to release or trade him. 

Just now, Redd said:

Maybe Washington should trade for Jordan Love.

I mentioned that in the NFL game day thread.

Would the packers trade love?  They’re stuck with Rodgers, he’s going to run out of contract, they have to do something.

Maybe a possible option.  

He’s looked good so far.

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Once Chase Young gets back into football shape we are going to have a championship defense or an even better one than we have now. It’s not delusional to see us winning the NFC. We just handed the Eagles an L and could have easily pulled out the Vikings game. Bunch of you will be upset we are in the Super Bowl with TH4 as QB! 😂 

Mid February in Arizona is going to be great. I bet on us to win the NFC and the whole show as an insurance policy to cover my costs to go to the game. This is not a 1 and done team in the playoffs. We are going to the show. So buckle up and enjoy the ride! 

I really want some of whatever you are smoking, drinking, or shooting….

It just be some massively good ****

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But not acknowledging the fact the team is winning in spite of the QB is to put your fingers in your ears and go lalalalala.  

The team has not had a winning qb who has played the equivalent of a season or more other than Taylor Heinicke since Snyder bought the team. Yet the guy who took over a 2-4 team and went 5-1 since taking over as starting QB has nothing to do with it. It’s in spite of him!

Dude you should change your screen name. You jumped the shark long ago on this one buddy. No legitimate credibility and the more you dig in the worse it gets. Seems like you and some others somewhat want us to lose so you can say see TH sucks. It’s kinda sad dude. You should be having fun. We don’t get these streaks that often. He’s a great story. Don’t be a Debbie downer until the clock strikes midnight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1