Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Schefter saying buy your Daniels' jerseys cavalierly, and then laughing about it like it's a done deal today after a long week of essentially doubling down daily on Jayden can't be ignored. 

I don't think anythings definite today, but I do think that we're probably north of 80-20 that Daniels is our pick going into final interviews.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I don't think Schefter knows who we're picking but I wonder why he's making such forward comments i.e. what's the agenda there? Could be carrying water for someone, could be getting bits and pieces of info from somewhere, etc.

he makes money off of them lol

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Who would take the GM job then? It starts looking like Tepper in Carolina fast. You have to give the decisions you make some time. Peters will take a massive reputational hit if he misses and the one he passed on excels, but I doubt he gets fired.

There is no room for equivocation on this.  This FO and coaching staff need to understand that they are 100% married to this QB prospect.  If they want to keep their jobs, then they need to find a way to make it work.

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But I don't take Schefter saying it will be Daniels on 5 different shows for a week straight because he has no idea but he's the type that rocks by taking wild guesses and hopes to get lucky.

I don't think he's guessing wildly.  But I also don't think he really knows, and he has given definitive takes that were wrong before.  He said SF was going to pick Mac Jones at #3 in 2021.

14 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Schefter saying buy your Daniels' jerseys cavalierly, and then laughing about it like it's a done deal today after a long week of essentially doubling down daily on Jayden can't be ignored. 

I don't think anythings definite today, but I do think that we're probably north of 80-20 that Daniels is our pick going into final interviews.

The betting odds don't really agree. Last time I checked with Drake Maye he was at +145 to go at slot 2, that's an implied probability of about 40%. Has it changed much since then? Its basically 62-38ish as of Tuesday that its Daniels in the betting markets. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WashingtonRedWolves said:

Thanks, I also wonder what the history of these looks like? (What was Mahomes, Z Wilson, Allen, Trubisky, etc etc)

Two separate columns because they changed the formulation entirely for 2021, supposedly to incorporate more recognition of mobility/running ability (in light of the early emergence of players like Allen, Jackson, Murray, etc.). I don't think the outcome percentages are totally comparable between the two models, either, but they do provide a rough way to compare between the two columns.

I combined the percentages for Bust + Adequate Starter, as well as for Upper Level Starter + Elite. My thought is that anything less than an upper level starter is a failure for us in our current circumstances. Drafting some sort of Derek Carr or Andy Dalton would be as good as a "bust," in my book at least.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 173024.png

Edited by e16bball
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I don't think he's guessing wildly.  But I also don't think he really knows, and he has given definitive takes that were wrong before.  He said SF was going to pick Mac Jones at #3 in 2021.

Everyone is wrong sometimes.  It's always possible.  But Schefter is not one who is wrong a lot.  Keim isn't one who is wrong a lot.  Breer isn't one who is wrong a lot.  Forget Daniels, just in general I've said for years those three are the more reliable from my observation as to rumors about the team.  So when you got all three converage it gets my attention.  Not because they are perfect but because their batting average is very good.

Having said that I've listened to Keim and Schefter explain in more detail about where they are coming from.   And both have made a point that no decision is locked in.  Both have made a big deal about the prodays coming up.  Both haven't ruled out Maye.  Keim has hinted among others that they don't think it will be McCarthy.  But not a single reporter has suggested this team isn't high on Maye.

So i do think Maye has a shot.   All I take from those reports is this FO likely digs Daniels and aren't in the camp of it would be a ridiculous choice at #2.  But aside from that, I think Maye could definitely still be the pick, while McCarthy would surprise me. 

But lol, will see about McCarthy after the proday visit considering he's IMO by far the more articulate of the three QBs and comes off engaging in the interviews I've watched so you never know maybe he turns the tide next week.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

There is no room for equivocation on this.  This FO and coaching staff need to understand that they are 100% married to this QB prospect.  If they want to keep their jobs, then they need to find a way to make it work.

Dan yes, Adam no.  Adam can survive a bust at qb, as long as he hits elsewhere. He’ll get a second shot at qb. Now, if Adam busts everywhere; then he’s gone. 
Dan though probably doesn’t survive if the qb busts.

3 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

What angst? Everybody in here is being very calm and respectful about presenting well-reasoned positions for consideration - um, hang on a sec, I need to respond to something over here....

Sam Kinison Scream GIFs | Tenor

We're gonna be watching you

image.gif.c6efd9923780ba79aae2f2d963903db2.gif

• Haha 5

I think it is becoming clearer that it’s JD, Schefter and Breer reports aside listening to the Keim

interview with DQ, Quinn places value in a player that has vast experience and that played in the SEC, between that and the ‘game changer’ comment on the junks a few weeks back it’s looking clearer and clearer all the time. It’s gonna be fun!!!

• Thanks 1

Interesting quote from the TV mini-series Shōgun that applies to the draft process:

“Every man has three hearts: one in his mouth for the world to know, another in his chest just for his friends, and a secret heart buried deep where no one can find it. That is the heart a man must keep hidden if he wants to survive.”

If we can engineer a way to uncover this elusive "third heart", then we can unlock draft success for years to come.

🥷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dan yes, Adam no.  Adam can survive a bust at qb, as long as he hits elsewhere. He’ll get a second shot at qb. Now, if Adam busts everywhere; then he’s gone. 
Dan though probably doesn’t survive if the qb busts.

It really depends on if the rest of the team is competitive and the QB is clearly the downfall AND it’s also clear the coaching and structure around the QB is not the problem.  

If that’s the case, Quinn can survive.  

If the defense is poop, the rest of the team looks uncoordinated and unprepared, he can’t.  

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I know not all evaluators of QB talent are always correct and trust our FO to make the right decision. I mean even watching Daniels play and Maye play I have clearly walked away with different observations then a lot of posters on here. And I will admit many of you on here know a lot more then myself. All I have is my own perceptions based upon what I see. I admit I am a just fan of NFL football.  

But I did go out my way to support Daniels because I think he is better than Maye at this juncture and I believe in his ability to further adjust, so I see a lot more upside for him with proper coaching and good conditioning.

With that being said I noticed that Kiper, was all in on Daniels in comparison to Maye.  I think he has made some good observations.  Some of you have even pointed out that at times that Maye is inconsistent and does not always deliver the ball accurately.  Also, I agree Daniels had superior receivers, but he delivered the ball accurately. 

This is what Kiper said:  Mel Kiper Jr. debates value of Jayden Daniels, Drake Maye as NFL Draft prospects (on3.com) 

“Drake Maye had three games, even after Tez Walker came back — Clemson game, Virginia game, NC State game — I keep harping on it because I went back and looked at those games time and time again. I said, ‘OK, why were those throws not accurately delivered?’ There was no reason. I think you look at Jayden, how many games like that did he have? Zero.

• Like 2

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Rattler I think sneaks into the early 3rd

.381 is a fantastic average for a baseball player.

Aint just about nothing good at 38.1% in the NFL.

And yes, those two numbers are the same for those that failed 4th grade math.  

3 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Absolutely not.  If Peters and Quinn mess this up, they need to go.  They've been given the second overall pick in a QB class with at least two blue chippers, opportunites don't get better than this.

If it fails, we need to move on with a new regime and let them pick the next QB prospect.

This is just plain nuts.

4 minutes ago, illone said:

Interesting quote from the TV mini-series Shōgun that applies to the draft process:

“Every man has three hearts: one in his mouth for the world to know, another in his chest just for his friends, and a secret heart buried deep where no one can find it. That is the heart a man must keep hidden if he wants to survive.”

If we can engineer a way to uncover this elusive "third heart", then we can unlock draft success for years to come.

It's all about smiles and cries.

You gotta control your smiles and cries, because that's all you have and nobody can take that away from you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, illone said:

🥷

image.gif.6d01d852c4cf75e59ca249b14341e830.gif

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost of said:

It's all about smiles and cries.

You gotta control your smiles and cries, because that's all you have and nobody can take that away from you.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9528k0ud5jvrq2lvm38sd

5 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Is this the drugs/mushrooms thread now?

Maybe? 

👀

Edited by illone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3