Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Maye over Daniels.  but I am not as full of confidence on it that some others are.   And I agree this point cuts both ways.    It's not like no one thinks they should take Daniels.  Plenty do.  It's not taking Bo Nix or some wild surprise at 2.  The judgment cuts both ways.  I reject the idea that Peters only looks bad if he passes on Maye and it backfires -- but gets a total pass if he passes on Daniels and it backfires.

For me this whole time, the only thing he could do with that pick to upset me is to trade down.  But tough for me to kill a GM for not getting the QB right considering so many have failed to get it right.  

Peters will look bad if he selects Daniels over Maye and Daniels is a bust and Maye turns out to be a franchise QB..analytics say Daniels will be a bust

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

Peters didn’t make the decisions there, we have no clue what Peters will do with the reins. People have been making tons of definitive statements about Peters tendencies and beliefs purely based on rumors of what Peters was credited with by the media in SF (mostly a talent for finding mid-late round players). But we don’t know. #2 will be his first draft pick ever. 

Yeah, that was my point. Nobody knows. SF did have them all convinced that they were going to take Mac Jones though. Now most of the mediots are speculating that it's Daniels, but they really have no clue.

24 minutes ago, skinsarethebest said:

yeah, how will his career look if he passes on Jayden in favor of Maye and Maye becomes Sam Howell 2.0 or the second coming of Zach Wilson or Josh Rosen, while Daniels is the NFC’s version of Lamar Jackson and wins multiple super bowls with the Giants?

Sure, anything is possible. But if Daniels the NFC's version of Lamar let's hope he's not totally Lamar, because Lamar isn't ever going to win a SB IMO. He's the quintessential regular season hero, postseason zero. Dude sucks in the playoffs.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

38 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Sure, anything is possible. But if Daniels the NFC's version of Lamar let's hope he's not totally Lamar, because Lamar isn't ever going to win a SB IMO. He's the quintessential regular season hero, postseason zero. Dude sucks in the playoffs.

You mean making the playoffs almost every year and getting an NFC Championship appearance and also having a MVP QB? Sounds great to me...much better than the last 10 years.

Your Maye comparisons have been Allen and Herbert. Allen doesn't have a superbowl appearance and Herbert has never won a playoff game...just saying.

Edited by jg77
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

daily schedule 

8Am wake up

11AM Jayden is the most electric QB ever

1PM Maye is our guy.  So solid.  Future of our franchise 

5PM must trade up and get Caleb.  Do whatever it takes.  

7PM you know what..? JJ could be the next Rogers.  Just take him.  

7:30 anyone but JJ.  He is a cancer and future bust.  

9PM Jayden all the way just do it.  

10PM Maye all the way.  Don’t over think it.  

1AM good night.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, jg77 said:

You mean making the playoffs almost every year and getting an NFC Championship appearance and also having a MVP QB? Sounds great to me...much better than the last 10 years.

Your Maye comparisons have been Allen and Herbert. Allen doesn't have a superbowl appearance and Herbert has never won a playoff game...just saying.

Who cares if he wins MVP if he sucks as soon as he gets to the playoffs and lays an egg? Dude will never win a SB. He's a choker as soon as his legs are mitigated by a decent defensive plan and he's forced to win with his arm.

And Josh Allen has thrown 21 TDs to 4 INTs in the postseason. There's no comparison between him and Lamar in that regard.

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Who cares if he wins MVP if he sucks as soon as he gets to the playoffs and lays an egg? Dude will never win a SB. He's a choker as soon as his legs are mitigated by a decent defensive plan and he's forced to win with his arm.

And Josh Allen has thrown 21 TDs to 4 INTs in the postseason. There's no comparison between him and Lamar in that regard.

The Ravens were just in the AFC Championship game and we're selecting number 2 overall in the draft. I'll take a NFC version of Lamar Jackson.

I'm glad Josh Allen has 21tds and 4ints but last time I checked he has the same amount of AFC championship appearances...no Superbowl...and no MVPs.

Edited by jg77

1 minute ago, jg77 said:

The Ravens were just in the AFC Championship game and we're selecting number 2 overall in the draft. I'll take a NFC version of Lamar Jackson.

Yes they were. They were favored. And he sucked, and they lost. Just like in their previous playoff runs with him. I would take Allen 100 times out of 100 over Lamar. Allen is really good in the postseason and he'll likely still be an elite QB 8 years from now when Lamar is just a distant memory.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah, that was my point. Nobody knows. SF did have them all convinced that they were going to take Mac Jones though. Now most of the mediots are speculating that it's Daniels, but they really have no clue.

Sure. I was responding to your sentence about how if Peters was dumb/crazy enough to draft Lance then nobody can predict what he’ll do. While you’re right that nobody knows what he’ll do, it doesn’t track the way you posed it. Peters didn’t trade up for Lance and didn’t draft Lance. Just feels important to make that distinction, he has a completely clean/nonexistent track record as a GM and a good reputation as a talent evaluator. That’s basically the extent of our knowledge. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yes they were. They were favored. And he sucked, and they lost. Just like in their previous playoff runs with him. I would take Allen 100 times out of 100 over Lamar. Allen is really good in the postseason and he'll likely still be an elite QB 8 years from now when Lamar is just a distant memory.

Nothing wrong with losing against Mahomes.

They're both great QBs with no superbowls and they both have a long time in this league. Only of them is a 2x MVP tho.

Just now, jg77 said:

Nothing wrong with losing against Mahomes.

They're both great QBs with no superbowls and they both have a long time in this league. Only of them is a 2x MVP tho.

He didn't play Mahomes. He played KC's defense. And he sucked against them.

And I don't think both Allen and Lamar will have a long time in the league. Lamar is a mediocre passer. He'll be 28 this year. Once he loses a couple more steps with age and his running isn't nearly the weapon it was when he was young, I think his effectiveness will go downhill quickly. We've seen what happens when defenses are able to mitigate his running and force him to be a pocket passer.

Again, I don't care about an MVP if the guy consistently lays eggs in the post season. Neither have a SB win but I'll put my money on the guy who has shown great play in the postseason and will likely be in the league for another 10 years vs the guy who chokes in the postseason and relies mostly on his legs to win.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

here is a fact for you no Dual threat QB of Lamar Jackson or Michael Vick's kind  has ever won a SB..Daniels has to many red flags such as being almost 24 years old and having 5 years of experience and just now having a breakout year..weighing under 215 lbs,and when there is pressure hi first instinct is to run..

On the one hand, I don’t find this very compelling because 99.9% of QB’s will never win a Super Bowl. 95% of them will never even go to a Super Bowl. It’s a tough list to crack even if you’re elite. It’s not a fair or realistic bar for a potential franchise QB—you can’t be thinking “HOF or bust” and be taken seriously. We were the worst organization in professional sports until a year ago, and still finished as the second worst NFL team with the new owner newly in the building. We should be extremely giddy at the idea of a run like the Allen Bills or Jackson Ravens have had. All you can ask for is a real chance, organizationally, and then the games are played. Demanding more than what the Ravens or Bills have done in recent years as the only bar for a successful organization (or franchise QB) is arrogant, entitled, even delusional from where we sit. Be realistic. 

On the other hand, I’d be lying if I tried to deny that part of my skepticism with Daniels is that I highly doubt he’ll be better than Lamar Jackson in the NFL, and I highly doubt we are likely to be consistently more talented than the Ravens have been since he was drafted…so why try to follow that road map when they’re already arguably living the best realistic version of it. This isn’t the main reason why I prefer Maye because it’s kind of a dull angle to take on it, but it does occur to me sometimes when I’m thinking on the topic.

Then I wonder how those franchises would be doing in the NFC—you can at least make it one step further into the SB playing in this demonstrably weaker conference, right now. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

If Daniels was anywhere close to the athlete Lamar is, he would have ran the 40. He’s much closer to 2013 RG3. That’s his ceiling. 

Lamar never even ran the 40 himself, btw.  Refused to run (or do any athletic testing) at the Combine because he didn’t want to give fuel to teams that wanted him to work out as a WR. Didn’t do any of it at his pro day either. 

He has a basically fake 40 time from Louisville’s “speed day” but it wasn’t recorded by scouts and isn’t just unofficial—it’s essentially a legend. And it didn’t take place the year he was drafted. 

If Adam drafts Maye or Daniels and they bust, he will get another crack at qb. They only way he’d be in trouble for drafting a bust qb, is if the rest of his draft is poor.

He’ll get a second crack at qb and if that qb is a bust, then his tenure is over.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

This is a ****ing Dan Snyder move. What the actual ****? That better be some fake ass news. 🤣

Nobody knows if it's real but it's provocative.

It gets the people goin.

33 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

These are 3 of the top 5 tweets in my "for you" tab right now.

This is some form of torture isn't it?

Like this is just straight up psychological warfare being waged against me.

Shefter knows everything...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2939530-adam-schefter-says-mac-jones-will-be-49ers-pick-at-no-3-in-2021-nfl-draft

"It'll be Mac Jones," ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday on DiPietro, Canty and Rothenberg. "... I believe that in the end they will pick Mac Jones at three, that'll be the pick, and they will keep Jimmy Garoppolo this year."

• Like 2

If the trade offer to Chicago is true, I’d say that’s also more evidence Daniels will be the pick.  

He’s much more similar to Caleb than Maye is in terms of playing style, and it shows the FO wants to make a “splash.”   They could boast they got this year’s Heisman winner, while Chicago got last year’s.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, skinsarethebest said:

and it shows the FO wants to make a “splash.”   They could boast they got this year’s Heisman winner, while Chicago got last year’s.

You say this as though it's a good thing.

3 hours ago, skinsarethebest said:

If the trade offer to Chicago is true, I’d say that’s also more evidence Daniels will be the pick.  

He’s much more similar to Caleb than Maye is in terms of playing style, and it shows the FO wants to make a “splash.”   They could boast they got this year’s Heisman winner, while Chicago got last year’s.

First of all, that report about the offer is not true. It is an account that just makes up stuff all the time in order to troll people. Second of all, Caleb Williams and Jayden Daniels are nothing alike. If anything, Caleb Williams is more like Drake Maye (strong arm, creative, strong off-platform thrower, mobile but looking to throw first). I don't know how anyone would think Williams and Daniels are similar. But that it doesn't matter anyways, because the original report is not true.

• Like 2