Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 hours ago, BraveWarrior said:

Doesn't sound like a good sales pitch if you're Wilson. "Hey, Russ, we're gonna give you peanuts to come here and be the proverbial first man out of the bunker to absorb the first hail of bullets every week until our line can pick up a stunt and our stud QB is ready to push you out the door." I can't imagine Wilson's response being "where do I sign?"  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NOLA2DC said:

I just don't see how they sell that. Granted, all picks are a gamble but at least if Caleb fails no one would question the choice. If you take Maye and he's a bust, it would be 10X worse than when they drafted Mitch. 

They would still get fired if Caleb busted anyways. You have to take the guy you think you can be successful with. Success is all that saves your job in the NFL. 

Not sure if this was discussed- did you all see that Caleb was not providing his medical records to all teams, only certain teams?

In his circumstances, I support that. Why should Green Bay get to see his personal medical history? Provide it to the top teams that may draft him only.

Also, it would be a pretty clever way to try and pull and Eli if he were to refuse to provide Chicago his medical history and only provide it to the teams he wanted to go to.

Caleb has made 10 mil in NIL money, so he can definitely afford to drop a few slots if he wanted to. I could see him wanting to play in DC or NY. 

This could all be moot, and publicly he’s saying he will play in Chicago.

Edited by seantaylor=god

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

They would still get fired if Caleb busted anyways. You have to take the guy you think you can be successful with. Success is all that saves your job in the NFL. 

That's not the point I'm making. Of course, success maintains your job. I'm saying that if Caleb is a bust and you took him, it would be easier to get a pass than the possibility of Maye being a bust. To be clear,  I am not suggesting that he will be a bust(I don't want the Maye mobb to come for me😁).  

Just now, bird_1972 said:

Anyone know when Chris Simms typically releases his QB Draft rankings?

I assume it will be pretty soon since he has already released his top 2. 

Also Caleb Williams height is fine. Everyone was worried, even I was, and he's fine. One flag for me though is in his interview with Simms and Florio was they asked him why he transferred to USC and he said it was because he didn't want to learn a new offense. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Anyone know when Chris Simms typically releases his QB Draft rankings?

I watched his segment on QBs he said he’d finish it in a week or so 

On another note, Drake is basically 6’4 and a half. Some draft people have said he’d be 6’3 or 6’4. So he’s closer to 6 ‘5 then 6’3. 

My point is since his brothers are taller than him and older, wonder if he might grow more. Guys can still grow at 21 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

On another note, Drake is basically 6’4 and a half. Some draft people have said he’d be 6’3 or 6’4. So he’s closer to 6 ‘5 then 6’3. 

My point is since his brothers are taller than him and older, wonder if he might grow more. Guys can still grow at 21 

The teams will know whether he might still grow based on the medical. His growth plates would still be open on whatever imaging they do. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I assume it will be pretty soon since he has already released his top 2. 

Also Caleb Williams height is fine. Everyone was worried, even I was, and he's fine. One flag for me though is in his interview with Simms and Florio was they asked him why he transferred to USC and he said it was because he didn't want to learn a new offense. 

6'1'' is short. Its not ridiculously short, but it will be a detriment. His arm talent is insane though, so I don't think we'll see as many batted passes as we did with Howell, but he's a similar height to Mayfield who still at times struggles seeing over the line.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah he could hit a late ish final growth spurt. 6'5'' isn't out of the question, which would be insane with his mobiilty/athleticism. 

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

6'1'' is short. Its not ridiculously short, but it will be a detriment. His arm talent is insane though, so I don't think we'll see as many batted passes as we did with Howell, but he's a similar height to Mayfield who still at times struggles seeing over the line.

Yeah its not ideal height but I was thinking he would be like 5'11"

He's just 9 pounds less than Drake Maye, and has bigger hands than Maye and McCarthy so I don't think there are any significant flags there. He seems short on film but he does have a stocky build. 

8 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

Where are y'all getting combine measurements? NFL site has other results but not measurements.

Can find some stuff on twitter

Not sure if these are actually "official", though. 

Did Daniels not measure? I cant find his numbers anywhere. And over 9 inch hands are fine. 9 1/8 isnt ideal. Its like bottom 30%. But it doesnt matter. I dont think it mattered for Pickett last year either.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Did Daniels not measure? I cant find his numbers anywhere. And over 9 inch hands are fine. 9 1/8 isnt ideal. Its like bottom 30%. But it doesnt matter. I dont think it mattered for Pickett last year either.

I think he's in the second grouping of quarterbacks. We should get his numbers soon.

EDIT:

I was wrong. Daniels not taking measurements until his pro day.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Nope. He and Nabers opted out as did MHJ

• Like 1