Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

I saw this on FB, as Commanders fan would you be good w/this deal or a similar deal which would  involve trading up to get Williams? 

Personally I’m not for trading up, I’m sure throughout the league rumor mill and GM talk that the pulse of the Bears is widely known what their plans are, to trade Fields or stick with him

IMG_0609.jpeg

We need to stay put at #2  no way we trade away all that, I would be sick. Let the players fall where they fall. I'm not a big William fan anyways. And when I see a crazy/dumb trade scenario like that I really don't want him. Didn't he say he didn't want to play for the Bears anyways, They are keeping Justin Fields. I see through their bluff.  I said it before and I will say it again let the players fall where they fall at #2 we need all the draft picks we can get, we are not one player away from winning anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

That trade scenario is ridick.  Per the standard draft chart, the #2 pick is valued at only 400pts below the #1pick.  Our 2nds at 36 and 40 are valued at 540 and 500pts respectively.  To give up a starter, #36, a future 1st is just insane regardless of the cache' of overpaying for the first pick.  

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

They could get there second rd pick back. I would not offer much more.  If they trade below us they don't get Harrison.

I don't think we will but we could easily take Harrison. Harrison is rated very highly. I doubt they want to move down very far they probably want Harrison.

Edited by Redskins 2021

Re: the trade for #1 - If Caleb Wiliiams is really THE guy the team thinks can be the franchise QB for a decade, then you consider it and probably give more than you want, but not the crazy haul the idiot bears fan thinks it could be. That trade is never happening. They need to lay off the mushrooms. 

Edited by goskins10

23 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Whelp, Kliff is the OC. As I said I am now changing my standpoint.

I think Jayden is our most likely pick at 2 now.

Still gotta have the discussion about taking Maye tho, he can run the system as well.

Caleb is going full Eli. That’s our guy.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Caleb is going full Eli. That’s our guy.

I severely doubt the one guy who for once as a #1 overall pick will not be forced to go to a team that is absolute dogwater will choose to punt on the opportunity but I will acknowledge that hiring Kliff makes that 2% more plausible given their connecting thread.

That's like a 200% increase in probability!

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

I severely doubt the one guy who for once as a #1 overall pick will not be forced to go to a team that is absolute dogwater will choose to punt on the opportunity but I will acknowledge that hiring Kliff makes that 2% more plausible given their connecting thread.

That's like a 200% increase in probability!

Before any of this Caleb’s camp was putting it out that he doesn’t want to play for Chicago. 

Elway pulled it off with the Colts in 1984. Eli in 2004 and Caleb will do it this year.

He thinks he will have a post playing career like Magic. He would love to be around a team with as many billionaires as there are in our ownership group. 

Look at the guy’s pinned tweet the last 3 years:

Man he just gives me big time diva vibes who will be more worried about branding and image than working on his craft. Dont get me wrong if hes there at 2 Id still snatch him up in a heartbeat but Im leery of trading up to 1 to get him. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Deion said he preferred not to play for Detroit but it wasn’t a next level refusal. Elway and Eli are really the only two modern ones.

He threatened to make his salary demand unreasonable or pivot to his baseball career if Detroit picked him. He qualifies lol

27 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

He threatened to make his salary demand unreasonable or pivot to his baseball career if Detroit picked him. He qualifies lol

He was half joking. He said if Detroit had picked him he would have asked for so much money they would have to have put him on layaway.

That was one of the best drafts ever. 1989. It was the first draft that college juniors could declare so you had the best players from two classes. Aikman, Deion, Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas.

We didn’t have a pick in round 1 because we signed Wilber Marshall as a free agent. Back then if you signed a free agent it cost 2 first round picks. 

12 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

I saw this on FB, as Commanders fan would you be good w/this deal or a similar deal which would  involve trading up to get Williams? 

Personally I’m not for trading up, I’m sure throughout the league rumor mill and GM talk that the pulse of the Bears is widely known what their plans are, to trade Fields or stick with him

IMG_0609.jpeg

Or if Caleb actually threatens to hold out on the Bears, they might just have to settle for our first round #2 pick and getting their original second rounder back.   Pulling an Eli would keep the Bears from getting too greedy.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Man he just gives me big time diva vibes who will be more worried about branding and image than working on his craft. Dont get me wrong if hes there at 2 Id still snatch him up in a heartbeat but Im leery of trading up to 1 to get him. 

Would think we’ll have pretty great insight into his character and work ethic now, with Kliff.

I do not think a trade up is at all likely. Simply talking about finalizing our grade on him and accounting for all possibilities.  

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 1

Am I the only one who thinks Kliff and Caleb are NOT a dream combination in the NFL? I admit I have loved the idea of us somehow managing to finagle Caleb out of this draft but I always envisioned a pro OC forcing Caleb to play just a little bit more in structure. Guy is so talented but not all the crap he pulled in the PAC-10 is gonna fly in the NFL. If he's with Kliff again and they're all buddy-buddy, who's gonna be the hardass to push him to get his playing style a little more under control?

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by Spencer Rattler, he's been through rough times and never gave up. I like this kid's mentality 👋

S. Carolina's Rattler finds 'blessing' in early college career struggles

As Rattler enters his senior year at South Carolina and second overall at the school, he reflected on his jagged journey and predicted the struggles are going to help him thrive in the long-term.

"I see it as a blessing," Rattler said. "God has me going through this for a reason. That's how I look at it, truly. And there can't be success without adversity. So being able to go through that adversity and come out on the other end, it's a great feeling."........................

• Like 1

I don’t see the point in taking a second tier rookie QB. Might as well try and fix Howell. I also don’t like the idea of going WR at #2. 

Trade to #1 for Williams

or take Daniels at #2

or get the hell out the pick and get a haul in return.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I don’t see the point in taking a second tier rookie QB. Might as well try and fix Howell. I also don’t like the idea of going WR at #2. 

Trade to #1 for Williams

or take Daniels at #2

or get the hell out the pick and get a haul in return.

Trade for a haul!!!!!