Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

45 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Does anyone have fumble numbers for the QB prospects? Or seen any metrics? 

Here's what I got

on fumbles (lost)

2023 Caleb Williams 3
2023 Drake Maye 1
2023 Jayden Daniels 1
2023 J.J. McCarthy 0
2023 Michael Penix Jr. 0
2023 Bo Nix 0
2022 Caleb Williams 1
2022 Drake Maye 5
2022 Jayden Daniels 3
2022 J.J. McCarthy 0
2022 Michael Penix Jr. 0
2022 Bo Nix 0

8 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I appreciate the effort but bro are you trolling right now? Lmao

image.png.42b9b4034d4df919fe9dc48e4aa21661.png

thank you for pointing these things out. I'm really not focusing on this stuff. I'm really looking at the data and trying to answer questions like the one asked a few posts back about fumbles. I thought it might be difficult but I don't think it was, well fumbles lost wasn't. I need to go back into my code and change some stuff to fix my labels on that graph because thats not readable though. These are all first draft things that I'm producing on a Friday afternoon after work.

Its really cool because, especially with the sacks, I was frustrated all season looking at "rushing" stats wondering what it means In CFB but knowing that somewhere in there was sacks. And now I've parsed sacks from that. I think its beautiful. 

Maybe the final product isn't there yet though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

thank you for pointing these things out. I'm really not focusing on this stuff. I'm really looking at the data and trying to answer questions like the one asked a few posts back about fumbles. I thought it might be difficult but I don't think it was, well fumbles lost wasn't. I need to go back into my code and change some stuff to fix my labels on that graph because thats not readable though. These are all first draft things that I'm producing on a Friday afternoon after work.

Its really cool because, especially with the sacks, I was frustrated all season looking at "rushing" stats wondering what it means In CFB but knowing that somewhere in there was sacks. And now I've parsed sacks from that. I think its beautiful. 

Maybe the final product isn't there yet though. 

I do genuinely appreciate the effort and insights! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I’ll personally ride with whoever we go with.

But Harris comes in, Peters - GM #1 target….Johnson, impending #1 HC target….maybe…I don’t now, we’re not dicking about here are we, Maye feels a really good, safe pick….but…safe, Harris doesn't feel like a safe owner to me…

all dude respect intended :cheers:

I think it's a false choice to say it's safe vs unsafe because that implies that Maye doesn't have a high ceiling, but he absolutely does. Usually guys have limited ceilings because they lack physical tools. Maye has elite arm strength, elite size, and is an excellent athlete for how big he is. Yes, he has a higher floor than Daniels, but IMO his ceiling is absolutely comparable.

• Like 1

At least for me I don't need anything in the way of convincing that Maye is the more likely or "easier" guy to reach their proverbial ceiling.

On the same hand I don't need anything in the way of convincing that Daniels proverbial ceiling is like 2 galaxy's over right now.

I can see pathways where they both succeed, and pathways where the both fail. Heck of a choice for GMAP and I'm glad we are siting at 2 for him to make it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What do f Harbaugh offers Chicago Herbert, do he can take Williams?

Or Eagles offer Hurts, so they can take Williams?

Not expecting that but what if something crazy like were offered, would Chicago bite.  Obviously, it would involve more than just the veteran qb but that would be the main part of the deal.

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Not expecting that but what if something crazy like were offered, would Chicago bite.  Obviously, it would involve more than just the veteran qb but that would be the main part of the deal.

Why would a team trade away an established young upper echelon NFL QB for an untested rookie who could bust? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Although each of those two would merit a first round pick in a trade, they might not be valuable enough to be the equivalent of the #1 overall pick in the draft.  Arguably the only one who might fit that would be Patrick Mahomes.

7 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Maye makes NFL level tight window throws that Daniels is not physically capable of making. And yes Daniels is the better athlete. But Maye is no slouch in that regard either. 

Yeah people have this misconception that Maye is a boring low upside low ceiling pick. He has a high floor but ALSO has a superstar high ceiling. We arent talking about some Kenny Pickett level prospect here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah people have this misconception that Maye is a boring low upside low ceiling pick. He has a high floor but ALSO has a superstar high ceiling. We arent talking about some Kenny Pickett level prospect here. 

I like Maye, seems like he would be a good fit in a Ben Johnson system.

12 minutes ago, HeHateMe75 said:

I like Maye, seems like he would be a good fit in a Ben Johnson system.

Agreed.

We are signing Ben Johnson. We are drafting Drake Maye. 

This thread will turn blue in the face but everyone knows the above is true. Stop arguing like a bunch of quail and get on board the Peters/Johnson/Maye train.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

. Stop arguing like a bunch of quail 

Is that a thing? I seriously don't know. I mean Rams and Bucks, Buffalo run into each other head on. Lions fight to lead the pride. 

There are hundreds of species that would seem like a more obvious choice, but Quail? It's like a 1/4 chicken.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Is that a thing? I seriously don't know. I mean Rams and Bucks, Buffalo run into each other head on. Lions fight to lead the pride. 

There are hundreds of species that would seem like a more obvious choice, but Quail? It's like a 1/4 chicken.

From my (admittedly limited) recollection, quail can actually be super aggressive and violent towards each other.

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

I think it’s important to note that Clyde Christensen, who coached with BJ, has been at UNC this season and has worked with Maye.

If BJ is our coach and we draft Maye, have no doubt that they have thoroughly looked into him. We will likely have inside information others aren’t privy to. I think he will be the pick based on familiarity, tools, football intelligence, and character, observed up close for over a year and communicated honestly to our staff.

Conversely, if BJ is the coach and we don’t take Maye, we can trust that they must really like another player better or know Maye’s warts more than others and don’t think it’s correctable.

• Like 1

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

I think it’s important to note that Clyde Christensen, who coached with BJ, has been at UNC this season and has worked with Maye.

If BJ is our coach and we draft Maye, have no doubt that they have thoroughly looked into him. We will likely have inside information others aren’t privy to. I think he will be the pick based on familiarity, tools, football intelligence, and character, observed up close for over a year and communicated honestly to our staff.

Conversely, if BJ is the coach and we don’t take Maye, we can trust that they must really like another player better or know Maye’s warts more than others and don’t think it’s correctable.

Id love to bring Christensen in as QB Coach 

For some reason I cannot shake the notion Chicago does not 100% no brainer draft Caleb, or shouldn't. Maybe not winning the tHeismann, Chicago having Fields, his height which I will keep pointing out is a thing to not dismiss, playing in the cold outdoors....

Speaking of Heismans long time fans may remember JoeT at 6'0 started having balls batted down more and more as defenders grew and he didn't. Sure Caleb moves and throws around the towers but I think that drives some OC bonkers.

QB mobility seems to be common place now among prospects so the fact Caleb is a magician on his feet does not make him quite as unique as in the past, and does not equate to NFL greatness. It does equate to his OC having to embrace that trait, or teach him to throw structured timed plays from the pocket where his height comes into play. His OC will play a major role in his future; its more than just HIS talent.

He is consensus sure but they are wrong often enough now for me to be hesitant to buy in.