Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Draft Harrison jr

Trade Terry for a 2nd and 5th

Trade that 5th for DangerRuss

PALOFFS!

Thanks you for your application for the role of GM. We have kept your details on file and wish you every success with your future endeavors…

🙂

• Haha 13
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I’m more concerned with a team trading up to 2. I think AZ would prefer to get Harrison to pair with their huge QB investment but who knows. 

I live in Phoenix - still a lot of chatter that the Cards could go QB if they end up picking #2. Obviously lots of smoke screens still, but they are not all in on Murray. The cap situation would be ‘interesting’ if they traded him.

14 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I really like the Palmer comp. More mobile though. 

Yeah agree and not just more mobile but a lot more mobile than Palmer.  His mobility reminds me of Daniel Jones.  Similar speed.  Similar style of running.  They are both very decisive runners and have sneaky good speed. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah agree and not just more mobile but a lot more mobile than Palmer.  His mobility reminds me of Daniel Jones.  Similar speed.  Similar style of running.  They are both very decisive runners and have sneaky good speed. 

Not sure a Daniel Jones comp fills me with joy 🙂

(I know you only meant the mobility).

11 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I live in Phoenix - still a lot of chatter that the Cards could go QB if they end up picking #2. Obviously lots of smoke screens still, but they are not all in on Murray. The cap situation would be ‘interesting’ if they traded him.

I'd bet on it.  Murray has been at best just OK this season when he came back.  

And heck if Denver is willing to do what they can to escape that big Russell Wilson contract even though Wilson arguably is having a good season.  You figure the Cards might suck up the cap hit.  This next year it would suck for them but after that its more managable. 

8 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Not sure a Daniel Jones comp fills me with joy 🙂

(I know you only meant the mobility).

lol, I killed Daniel Jones on the draft thread that year I was probably too harsh in retrospect.  But yep just mobility.

Daniel Jones in college among other things seem to live with first level throws.  I recall calling him Alex Smith but a turnover prone version of him when watching him.

Drake pushes the ball down the field among other things.  Much better prospect IMO. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd bet on it.  Murray has been at best just OK this season when he came back.  

And heck if Denver is willing to do what they can to escape that big Russell Wilson contract even though Wilson arguably is having a good season.  You figure the Cards might suck up the cap hit.  This next year it would suck for them but after that its more managable. 

Yup.  I think Arizona takes a QB for sure.  None of their new brain trust drafted Kyler

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

His release is smooth as butter. And he drops 50 yards dimes with very little effort at all. The Mayo bowl is starting right now. Maye is out. Lets see what UNC looks like without him. 

You bring another thought to me about Maye.  His o line and weapons were "meh" this season.  Much better last season when he had Downs.  

Daniels intrigues me too but he had a major advantage, his offense was loaded.  Nabers and Thomas and heck even their #3 receiver Lacy were beasts. 

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yup.  I think Arizona takes a QB for sure.  None of their new brain trust drafted Kyler

Yeah I suspect right now we need to draft #3 to get one of the top 3 Qbs and the upshot of picking three is getting whomever Arizona doesn't take which likely is either Maye or Daniels -- and more likely to be Daniels.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I cant see them doing it. I know SIP thinks its a possibility as well. But they would be tying up way too much cap at the QB position. And Murray's contract is untradeable imo. 

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

If that possibility arises, I hope Washington makes a move and secures him for a third-round pick that has the potential to shift into a second or something similar. If they decide Daniels isn’t their guy. I can get behind Harrison Jr or Joe Alt plus Murray.  

Then…

You guessed it, bring in Greg Roman and ride Murray for his remaining 3 years on his deal and treat him like a RB and move on. 

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You bring another thought to me about Maye.  His o line and weapons were "meh" this season.  Much better last season when he had Downs.  

Daniels intrigues me too but he had a major advantage, his offense was loaded.  Nabers and Thomas and heck even their #3 receiver Lacy were beasts. 

Yeah I suspect right now we need to draft #3 to get one of the top 3 Qbs and the upshot of picking three is getting whomever Arizona doesn't take which likely is either Maye or Daniels -- and more likely to be Daniels.

UNC's defense is trash as well. He got no help with field position at all. Hell they just gave up an 80 yard TD on the first play of this bowl game. At least Maye would be used to watching the opposing offense rip off 60 yard TD's :)

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Trade that 5th for DangerRuss

PALOFFS!

You jest, good sir, but anybody will be able to scoop up Mr. Broncos Country in the near future. Dude is getting benched to keep a $40M 2025 cap charge from tendering in the event he gets hurt.

Donezo.

Edited by ExoDus84

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah, I don’t see the Palmer comp at all really. And I liked Carson.

Maye has much better pocket awareness than DJones and I think more twitch in his running style (I know you’re simply speaking on mobility…I added the pocket awareness)

He’ll also make some “magician” type throws that remind me a bit of Aaron Rodgers. Side arm/pitch ahead kinda stuff. 

I’ll get crucified for saying this, but I think Peyton Manning is a better comp than Carson Palmer. No…I don’t think Maye is as good of a prospect as Peyton, I just see more similarities in their play. 

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Could Jacoby return?

He’s a free agent. He could return but the complete change in front office and coaching staff means he would have no more tie here than anywhere else.

There will be a market for him for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

He’s a free agent. He could return but the complete change in front office and coaching staff means he would have no more tie here than anywhere else.

There will be a market for him for sure.

Let's see how he plays these last two games. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

What an unmitigated disaster in Denver. Glad we missed out 

Wilson actually played well this season overall IMO. Yards per attempt are low but at face value he’s been above league average at a minimum.

Of course that contract is paying him to be far more than league average.

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Wilson actually played well this season overall IMO. Yards per attempt are low but at face value he’s been above league average at a minimum.

Of course that contract is paying him to be far more than league average.

Yeah that’s why I was surprised about the news. But yeah, average won’t cut it now. 

• Like 1