Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Howell is 6 feet and 3/8ths of an inch.   He got officially measured at the combine, so there is a definite answer for that one.

I am not seeing this. On Pro Day they are saying 6' 1". Are they just rounding it up then?

Okay one website is saying: HEIGHT: 6'0 5/8"

Another is saying: Height: 6'0 1/4″

Just now, zCommander said:

I am not seeing this. On Pro Day they are saying 6' 1". Are they just rounding it up then?

Sam has some beautiful hair, but it stands really tall, I wonder if they patted his hair down when they measured him because if not it added at least an inch and a half

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Okay one website is saying: HEIGHT: 6'0 5/8"

Another is saying: Height: 6'0 1/4″

It looks like I misremembered.  It appears 6'0 and 5/8ths was the official measurement.

5 minutes ago, philibusters said:

It looks like I misremembered.  It appears 6'0 and 5/8ths was the official measurement.

It was. 

https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Sam&l=Howell&i=30763

72.63 inches = 6'0 5/8ths

On a side note...why are people bringing up Geno Smith? He's had one good season in a 10 year career. He was really good last season and now he's come back down to mediocrity, throwing for 15 TDs and 9 INTs and under 3,000 yards.

• Thumb up 1

44 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

At the end of the Bills game we all knew what was coming for Sam. 

Everyone knew that Sam would look like this at the end of the season.

Honestly I had hoped he would be better than this. I'm not surprised at all. He is not getting any help what-so-ever from anyone else on the team. Coaches or players. Hes new and its a tough job. Its a lot, for sure. So his failure makes sense. But I did have hope like I always do. 

5 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Seriously, what's a half inch among friends? 

Depends on the kind of friend 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Upgrade the offensive line, bring in a stud LT like Fashanu, and then see what he can do.  If the running game was more of a factor, as well, it would really help him out and keep the defenses guessing.  I'm out on EB being the HC next year.  He was clearly riding the coattails of Andy Reid.

• Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, zCommander said:

You are right skill set matters over height sometimes. Plenty of less taller QB have been successful in NFL. Wilson and Hurts for example as well. Howell's balls don't get tipped a lot though was my point. The OL being pushed into Sam's face is why the balls are getting tipped. Field a better OL and some of these issue will just go away. For what it is worth, even the taller QBs balls get tipped from time to time. 

Sam leads the league in batted passes 

1 hour ago, mac8887 said:

Sam has some beautiful hair, but it stands really tall, I wonder if they patted his hair down when they measured him because if not it added at least an inch and a half

He still looks like he just rolled out of bed at noon from his college dorm.

If I say “Howell’s ceiling is Mayfield/Minshew (and I feel like I’m being generous here) and I think we need to keep looking for our guy.”, is the forum gonna be mean to me again?  Cause when I wanted to pump the brakes in October, folks got all kinda salty and it made me sad.  

Being so knowledgeable and prescient can really be burdensome at times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, TradeTheBeal! said:

If I say “Howell’s ceiling is Mayfield/Minshew (and I feel like I’m being generous here) and I think we need to keep looking for our guy.”, is the forum gonna be mean to me again?  Cause when I wanted to pump the brakes in October, folks got all kinda salty and it made me sad.  

How dare you criticize our prophet

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Which is why I thought it was rather disingenuous when folks were saying a few weeks ago that he’s got X games left to solidify himself moving forward.  I knew with 100% certainty after the team scored to close the deficit before the half on Thanksgiving and the D immediately gave up 7 to negate it, that was the nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

13 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

How dare you criticize our prophet

I don't think you would, no. I think sufficient time has passed and Howell's body language looks like he's broken. 

The discussions of us looking for a new QB have been rampant... since during the game... and no one has been jumped on. Discussions are occurring, for sure, and some are opposed. But no one is adamant that we HAVE to stay the course.

He's Ramsey'd.

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

I know it’s taboo not to worship Sam on this thread, but can we at least now admit he’s no Josh Allen?? Asking for a friend.

I've seen zero hero worship in this thread. 

I've seen people pretend that Howell plays in a vacuum and should shoulder every bit of blame, and then be corrected.

Maybe your friend should have the courage to ask his own dumb questions.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

Congrats to the people taking their victory laps right now, we can still cripple our QBs like nobody's business. Ron has a nice tradition of never having a QB start every game of the season. Would be a shame to break that tradition now. But I'd rather do it with Fromm and his QB sneaks. Wait, we don't do QB sneaks. TE sneaks.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1