Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

58 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This is where I am with Sam I guess. 

Exactly my thought. An Acura on a Kia contract is fine. An Acura on a lambo contract is a death sentence. Late Playoff teams are all Lambos. 

42 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Howell will be solid enough but we have to improve oline and defense. He probably in the Kurt Cousins, Derrick Carr, Dak Prescott level of Qb.  Real problem is oline and defense.

None of these guys have won anything

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

Can’t. Not until after his 3rd season

Which works out great for whomever our new GM and coach is.  Plenty of cap and draft capital to make immediate improvements that will help Sam, with a full year to gauge if his arrow is continuing to go up or not. 

I just don’t see a realistic scenario, barring injury, where Sam doesn’t enter 2024 as the starter with a better roster around him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, steve09ru said:

when your up high and shoved at your shoulders, it’s a bit harder to pull that in especially as the ball is getting there and pushing your positioning at the very last second.  That’s called majority of the time.

but agree he hasn’t been making plays this year like he has in the past but I don’t put that ball today on him.  That was a missed call all day and a play I don’t think many others make in that same situation given the timing/location of the shove and where the ball was at the time.  Bang bang play but it was definitely early

Terry had 2 back to back receptions for big gains. Howell is getting more time and he is spreading the ball around. 

It all screams mediocrity at best. Keep in mind they are babbying him by mostly running the ball. And with a killer running  game, shutdown defense, amazing coaching and an All Star offensive line of course Sam is putting up numbers.

And we all know QBs peak in gsme 10 of their careers it usually just goes south from there. We’ve probably already seen San’s best.

2 hours ago, dckey said:

Does anyone give any credit to EB for Howell?????  

I’m going to outdo my “trade Terry for Tee Higgins” hot take and say I think Howell in Scott Turner’s offense may have delivered better results to this point this season than EB.

Turner had to go bc he lost the locker room, but I wonder what would’ve happened if we started Howell last year over Wentz/Heinicke. Turner never got to run his offense with a real QB under center and meanwhile schemed guys open all the time.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It all screams mediocrity at best. Keep in mind they are babbying him by mostly running the ball. And with a killer running  game, shutdown defense, amazing coaching and an All Star offensive line of course Sam is putting up numbers.

I recognized this as sarcasm and am proud of myself!!!!

18 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I’m going to outdo my “trade Terry for Tee Higgins” hot take and say I think Howell in Scott Turner’s offense may have delivered better results to this point this season than EB.

Turner had to go bc he lost the locker room, but I wonder what would’ve happened if we started Howell last year over Wentz/Heinicke. Turner never got to run his offense with a real QB under center and meanwhile schemed guys open all the time.

I would say it would have to have been better.

But the story this off season was how much Sam grew week over week during the off season. 

So Sam last year might not have been the same as Sam this year.  

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

The end zone pick was obviously a low light. But how about that 24 yard run on 3 and 23 to keep that drive going?  It was the biggest first down pick up for Washington this century.

Yeah the pick was super ugly, but IMO he made up for it with plenty of highlight worthy plays. Every young QB has a wtf boneheaded play sometimes, but not every young QB can bounce back from it as quickly as Sam did.

To me, that's one of the most impressive things about Sam. He has a very short memory and doesn't get rattled when he makes a mistake or get sacked, etc. He doesn't even dial it down. He'll go right back out and sling it around as if nothing happened.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3