Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If we are going purely with the politics of this situation in Ron’s shoes I’d roll the dice with Howell next Sunday. 

Fans have seen such piss poor QB play from Taylor and Wentz that I believe even just glimpses of let’s say an up and down appearance would wet fan appetites

if we are going with a pure football situation it’s a no brainer to play Howell IMO 

agree 100% start Howell and Heine for the back up. Carson can hold a clip board and start making sure he’s healthy going into the offseason

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Rivera hasn't proven he can locate a viable QB in 3 years here so far...we don't need it to be a Snyder decision. Ron's capable of ****ing that up all on his own. It's telling that the only QB brought here under Ron's watch that's been anywhere remotely close to being effective has been Heinicke. Kyle Allen, Fitzpatrick, Gilbert, Wentz...all flopped.

So true, and to think some want the team and Ron, Dan to trade more draft picks and give Carr 40 mil to replace Wentz after all these that have failed. 

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

3, the first FG.

After the two awful picks in the first half, they still led 7-3 at halftime.  The other pick became a touchback, the equivalent of a punt. 

Oh okay. But it also took away our chances of scoring as well. So let's not forget that in the equation as well any momentum we could have had as well. 

Edited by zCommander

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Montez Sweat believes the chanting and booing of Wentz effected his play. Maybe it did but it’s another reason why IMO he obviously isn’t the right dude at QB 

Amen SIP. If you cant handle being booed as a NFL QB. You are in the wrong line of work. 

• Like 2

- We are eliminated from the POs. There is no reason to risk Wentz contract thru injury. He is essentially shut down at this point. Even in practice. Let him stand in the corner.

-There is never a reason to play TH. He is abysmal.

-Its not fair to Howell to put him in such an unholy position but that's the NFL. He is the only option you have to roll out next week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Montez Sweat believes the chanting and booing of Wentz effected his play. Maybe it did but it’s another reason why IMO he obviously isn’t the right dude at QB 

Wentz, the QB who started his career in PHILLY, couldn't concentrate because of boos and chants?

My God, what a statement to make.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

- We are eliminated from the POs. There is no reason to risk Wentz contract thru injury. He is essentially shut down at this point. Even in practice. Let him stand in the corner.

Rivera gonna take his pants like he did to Haskins?  🤣

That might be one of my favorite all time moments in franchise history right there. Up there with Shanahans conditioning test for Haynesworth. 

Edited by Captain Wiggles
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Drock_VB said:

I see a lot of people in here want TH gone.   Forgive me for not reading all the comments to figure out why.   But why do people want him gone?   I’d love for us to get a solid starter and have TH as our backup.  

I have been saying this for weeks. He is a very good backup who can win games at 5 mil a year. Also fix the OL with cap space saved because it does not matter who is back there, they are getting destroyed. Put Howell back there and he is going to get killed too. Stop paying these end of the line QB's to come here and collect on their way out of the NFL.  Do not pay Carr either, his backup may have played the best game all year today also. With a better oline the team may have made the playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If we are going purely with the politics of this situation in Ron’s shoes I’d roll the dice with Howell next Sunday. 

Fans have seen such piss poor QB play from Taylor and Wentz that I believe even just glimpses of let’s say an up and down appearance would wet fan appetites

if we are going with a pure football situation it’s a no brainer to play Howell IMO 

Mainly from Wentz all season but one has a long career as a nfl QB even if he is not starting, the other has no future even as a backup. Howell should get the start but expect the same with the OL we have had over the years.