Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I really thought we were going to see Heinicke after the half and would have been fine with it.  Then he led the 12 minute drive, made some legit 3rd down conversions, and showed a lot of fire after scoring the TD, buying himself another half of football.  It certainly looked like the guys were hyping him up after score like they did early on for Heinicke as well.

Edit: I’ll add Scott killed all momentum coming out of halftime with 2 up the gut runs for nothing putting us immediately in 3rd and long.  Everything logical indicated the Browns would come out hellbent in stopping the run and Scott just giftwrapped the ball right back to them.  It was all downhill from there.

When the third quarter started I was begging for a playaction bomb. Anything but a run because I knew they would stack the box.

Edited by djpapeleta360
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know general thought is that Carson has no confidence, but watching him postgame you’d think he didn’t just officially sink the season, play terribly and never sniff a starting position in the league again.

He was kind of aw shucks, yeah I’d like to have some back.  Umm dude, you literally played terribly and had what’s left of a near extinct fanbase screaming for an undrafted noodle arm to replace you, with the loudest chant I’ve heard in a decade at that stadium.

With Wentz feels like he’s checked out. He has a nice young family and as far as football goes it made him rich but he may not have that same fire for the game anymore.   Guessing here but that’s how it feels to me 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If so seems like an odd brain fart in the context of Joshina Andersons report early this week which was she was told Howell was likely to start the closer if they are eliminated today 

Agree it would be worse 

Went back and watched presser again;

Ron initially responded to a question about controlling own destiny from last week. Said now we have to count on someone else.......asked about message to the guys..."we dont win on sunday next week its over but if we win we gotta hope some one else loses". Technically correct in ref to hoping Vikings win tonight.

A little later though he was asked about QB if eliminated today after the 4 o'clock game and he responded with "we will be eliminated?". Then took a moment to think about it.  Awkward moment.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Heinicke doesn’t suck. He’s just not good enough for any team to be satisfied with having him as the starting QB.

Wentz sucks.

Damnit ebay!!

I agree with your post!

• Haha 1

I wanted them to give Howell a shot weeks ago after a a shakey win, can’t remember which game, but  it was after a win with TH .   In retrospect it’s a shame that didn’t happen.  

Edited by Drock_VB
Re-wording

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

With Wentz feels like he’s checked out. He has a nice young family and as far as football goes it made him rich but he may not have that same fire for the game anymore.   Guessing here but that’s how it feels to me 

Which pisses me off because I would rather roll with a weak armed kid that would die for the team than that mental mother ****er. He knew he could get the cash........Carson (Haynesworth) Wentz. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

I admit that I did want to see Wentz this week but not because I thought he was a great option...it was just that I felt that Heinicke had run his course. 

I didn't expect Wentz to be that terrible, though.  He was awful.

This is the honesty that makes this community awesome.

I did not want the change but appreciated Rons position to change something up (maybe he saw something throughout the weeks that informed his decision).  That said, I did not expect or anticipate that CW would play so poorly.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Drock_VB said:

I wanted To give Howell a shot weeks ago after a a shakey win, can’t remember which game, but  it was after a win with TH .   In retrospect it’s a shame that didn’t happen.  

Yeah, I wanted to give Howell a shot awhile ago, too...but with a playoff chase on the line, they'd have never have done it.

They need to play him next week.  One game isn't enough to judge someone but you gotta see if there's something to possibly build on.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

Which pisses me off because I would rather roll with a weak armed kid that would die for the team than that mental mother ****er. He knew he could get the cash........Carson (Haynesworth) Wentz. 

To me Heinicke was meh in those big games with the season on the line versus the Giants.

And I am not even a little tempted to make him the starter next season. 

But I’ll say the same thing for a heinicke after he played the first time post Wentz. That is he plays with much more oomph and energy than Wentz.

Wentz isn’t just bad but he plays flat and the flatness seems contagious in a bad way 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

One game isn't enough to judge someone but you gotta see if there's something to possibly build on.

Yeah, I understand.  We were chasing the playoffs, so I get it.   Just wish we had more than 1 game for Howell, if in fact he does get a chance. Sucks all the way around.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dc1 said:

This is the honesty that makes this community awesome.

I did not want the change but appreciated Rons position to change something up (maybe he saw something throughout the weeks that informed his decision).  That said, I did not expect or anticipate that CW would play so poorly.

Well, it's important to be fair and honest.

But I think the differences between Wentz and Heinicke were magnified today.  Heinicke gets the ball out quicker, no doubt about it...and has a noodle arm.  Wentz has a cannon and has a slower release, takes longer to decide where the ball is going.  Both have bad decision making skills, I'd venture to say Wentz might be even a little worse.  

Heinicke is still fine as a backup, Wentz shouldn't be here next year.  The QB room should be Howell, Heinicke and whatever FA they pickup or whoever they draft.  

I'm under no illusion that they'll have a franchise QB on the team this time, next year.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Birdlives said:

No one will ever convince me that Wentz wasn’t Snyder’s idea. The pattern of behavior is far to significant to prove otherwise.

No one will ever convince me that the decision to go back to Wentz wasn't Snyder's idea.  There is no way in hell these coaches watched this over a full week and thought, "yeah, he's the guy".  This was a Snyder move 101.  Which makes perfect sense for the season to go "down the Heinie hole" after "the return of Wentz".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Ron was gonna find out if we were eliminated after the 4:00 games.  Doesn't really matter and not sure why its a big deal.  Lots of moving parts in the playoff scenarios.

On to whether Howell will start next week.  Hope so.

I dont think its a huge deal either, especially considering all the other issues this team has and everything that he has on his plate. Its just surprising that he felt that no matter what happened today the team still could get in by winning next week and getting some help. Just not a good optic in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

No one will ever convince me that the decision to go back to Wentz wasn't Snyder's idea.  There is no way in hell these coaches watched this over a full week and thought, "yeah, he's the guy".  This was a Snyder move 101.  Which makes perfect sense for the season to go "down the Heinie hole" after "the return of Wentz".

Im probably wrong but Im hoping that at his point Dan is done with the day to day team operations and is only worried about the sale.

4 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Kirk prepping for a big comeback, down 41-3 with 9 mins to go.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

“Beyond atrocious” maybe a little more accurate now. 😆

I’m hoping we get to see Howell next week.  I really do hate it for the fans that we can’t seem to get the QB position fixed.  Maybe we’ll strike gold with Howell. We are past due.

I would agree that beyond atrocious is now a fair assessment….

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, it's important to be fair and honest.

But I think the differences between Wentz and Heinicke were magnified today.  Heinicke gets the ball out quicker, no doubt about it...and has a noodle arm.  Wentz has a cannon and has a slower release, takes longer to decide where the ball is going.  Both have bad decision making skills, I'd venture to say Wentz might be even a little worse.  

Heinicke is still fine as a backup, Wentz shouldn't be here next year.  The QB room should be Howell, Heinicke and whatever FA they pickup or whoever they draft.  

I'm under no illusion that they'll have a franchise QB on the team this time, next year.  

At some point, I can see Heinicke wanting to take his chances elsewhere.  He's established enough of a market for himself in the league that he doesn't have to keep hanging around here.  

• Thumb up 1

Just now, justice98 said:

At some point, I can see Heinicke wanting to take his chances elsewhere.  He's established enough of a market for himself in the league that he doesn't have to keep hanging around here.  

I don't think he'll be anything more than a backup quarterback elsewhere, but I hope he leaves this dumpster fire of an organization.  They benched him for that?  I'd want out immediately.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I don't think he'll be anything more than a backup quarterback elsewhere, but I hope he leaves this dumpster fire of an organization.  They benched him for that?  I'd want out immediately.

I agree, however im still picturing TH sitting on his coach right now, feet on table, popping open a Bush Light with a big **** eating grin on his face.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I doubt he has a big market.  But hopefully he gets a good offer.  I don’t want him here at all for any reason.  Hopefully he gets a Mitch like deal to go somewhere else.