Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

On 12/16/2022 at 9:06 PM, mistertim said:

if Heinicke had been throwing for 400 yards and 3-4 TDs per game but the team was still losing, he should be benched, right?

A winning and BALANCED team rarely needs the QB to that every week.

Not counting one or two shootouts a year, QBs with those kinds of numbers are generally playing from behind. 

52 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Me. I'd take Heinicke over Cousins. Cousins has way more talent but zero personality, zero grittiness, and comes off as a total dick. He's just beige in every sense.

I mean if you're saying who do you pick to win a game, then Cousins, but if you're saying who would you pick knowing you have to root for them all season, I'd take the Heini rollercoaster every time.

I just found Cousins really unlikeable and hard to root for and wouldn't want to try doing it for another season.

I’d (generally) take Heinicke over Cousins in a national game late in the fourth.

But… that’s even in jeopardy. Cousins has improved in that scenario significantly.

In every other category Cousins is better. So if I had to pick I’d take him 100/100 times because the overall is just so much better.

But the moxie is real.

10 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Guy would take Heniecke over Kirk and you dudes are arguing with him.  :ols:  Oh Lordy  :ols: 

Let’s not confuse arguing with engaging in a psychological analysis.  😭

Seriously, of all the weird quirks of our fanbase given all the trauma we’ve experienced, the weirdest one to me is folks still loathing Kirk 5 years later.  In 2018, I sort of got it as folks were still kind of buying that this org wasn’t the dumpster fire it really is.  But after all we’ve experienced the past few years and the overall acceptance that we are who they said we were, I’d think folks would tip the cap to a guy that got out.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 5

50 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Cousins stands in the pocket and takes hits but has zero grittiness? How is he a total dick? Because he turned down a 14 million a year contract from us ? While Brock osweiler and Mike Glennon were being signed for well over 20 million a year? Cousins bet on himself and won, we completely botched that entire situation period.

I'm not absolving the FO from any blame in that situ but I also wouldn't want him signed for 20+ mill per season because he's a choker. I dont have a problem with anyone betting on themselves, but come out and own it, don't go round spouting "god told me to do it this way" and the other nonsense he came out with. That's why I perceive him to be a dick. No, cousins doesn't have grittiness imo, he never had any stomach for a fight which is why he always choked, and why he padded stats in garbage time for 3 years or whatever we had him for.

What’s getting lost in this conversation is that this football team is built we are a built football team an average quarterback can take this team pretty deep in my opinion Rex Grossman probably takes this roster deep. Ron all you have to do is find him please do 

Just now, UKskins said:

I'm not absolving the FO from any blame in that situ but I also wouldn't want him signed for 20+ mill per season because he's a choker. I dont have a problem with anyone betting on themselves, but come out and own it, don't go round spouting "god told me to do it this way" and the other nonsense he came out with. That's why I perceive him to be a dick. No, cousins doesn't have grittiness imo, he never had any stomach for a fight which is why he always choked, and why he padded stats in garbage time for 3 years or whatever we had him for.

Please stop. You are flat out incorrect 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Cousins literally led the biggest comeback in NFL history yesterday. What a fail of a take.

Because he led one comeback in what 8 years as a starting QB, his history of choking and not coming back in games is erased? Sure, why not👍

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

What’s getting lost in this conversation is that this football team is built we are a built football team an average quarterback can take this team pretty deep in my opinion Rex Grossman probably takes this roster deep. Ron all you have to do is find him please do 

Please stop. You are flat out incorrect 

No, I'm entitled to my opinion, you can disagree all you like, but I call it as I see it. That doesn't make me wrong, it means we have different perceptions.

6 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Because he led one comeback in what 8 years as a starting QB, his history of choking and not coming back in games is erased? Sure, why not👍

No, I'm entitled to my opinion, you can disagree all you like, but I call it as I see it. That doesn't make me wrong, it means we have different perceptions.

The guy literally just came back from down 33 points at halftime and you were talking about him not having any fight, I’m all for your opinions, but have some opinion with some actual backing the guys defense is ranked 30th in the league and he’s 11-4 good luck doing that with Heinicke

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Let’s not confuse arguing with engaging in a psychological analysis.  😭

Seriously, of all the weird quirks of our fanbase given all the trauma we’ve experienced, the weirdest one to me is folks still loathing Kirk 5 years later.  In 2018, I sort of got it as folks were still kind of buying that this org wasn’t the dumpster fire it really is.  But after all we’ve experienced the past few years and the overall acceptance that we are who they said we were, I’d think folks would tip the cap to a guy that got out.

I hate the guy. I'm glad he's not my QB. I don't get it at all and I know that I am unbelievably wrong about it.  I'm in here making arguments that you don't need an elite QB to win SBs and then bashing Kirk saying you can't win with him. I'm an irrational idiot and I'm going to stand by that. Firmly.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I told myself I'd leave this thread for fear of saying something that'll get me banned but I can't help myself sometimes. 

As long as I'm running my mouth all over this place, you're probably safe. (I'm gonna cringe when Jumbo likes this post  😬 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve talked about it on other threads, I’ll defend Kirk as a dude after my kids did his QB camp years ago. He was beyond super cool. Maybe the nicest player I’ve run into at the team hotel from my camp experiences in Richmond, super cool again in that settings with my kids. Most players are somewhat aloof around fans and I don’t blame them but I’ll give Kirk props for being extra gracious.

He wanted to leave this dumpster fire and didn’t care for Bruce and probably Dan too let alone take a discount to stick around and with power of hindsight who can blame him?

Heinicke to me also comes off super cool. I’ve had no personal experiences with him but he comes off great in interviews. Kirk comes off stiff  in interviews.

Having said that, I don’t care too much about their personalities, I just want to win. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He wanted to leave this dumpster fire and didn’t care for Bruce and probably Dan too let alone take a discount to stick around and with power of hindsight who can blame him?

The funny thing is that you didn't even require hindsight to know that what they were going to end up doing with KC was a moronic decision. You could see it from years ahead, it was hilariously a Doofus Dan move. If they didn't want him, and they obviously didn't, why not get a first for him?

That's why I always 100% put it on Dan and not Bruce because all of the really idiotic moves come from Doofus Dan. The tell is too obvious. Then a year later everybody found out that he's the one who wanted Haskins and all of a sudden he finally was exposed and fired everybody. Nowhere to hide, gotta find a new crew to hide behind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Mexican said:

A winning and BALANCED team rarely needs the QB to that every week.

Not counting one or two shootouts a year, QBs with those kinds of numbers are generally playing from behind. 

I notice you didn't answer my question. If W-L is the main thing that matters (which is what Heinicke fans tend to default to when it's pointed out that his numbers are unimpressive), then by that logic if Heinicke were throwing for 3-4 TDs and 300-400 yards per game but we were losing, he should be benched. Right?

Edited by mistertim

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I told myself I'd leave this thread for fear of saying something that'll get me banned but I can't help myself sometimes. 

Hold my beer.😈

"Don't worry warhead, in case you haven't noticed you're on the side of the smarter and most football-savvy es'ers in the stadium and the more average-to-wtf posters are in the over the top gang."

Happy Birthday GIF

😛

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I hate the guy. I'm glad he's not my QB. I don't get it at all and I know that I am unbelievably wrong about it.  I'm in here making arguments that you don't need an elite QB to win SBs and then bashing Kirk saying you can't win with him. I'm an irrational idiot and I'm going to stand by that. Firmly.

As long as I'm running my mouth all over this place, you're probably safe. (I'm gonna cringe when Jumbo likes this post  😬 )

Extremely, extremely on brand given your avatar which trolls every single one of us and is somehow fine.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, UKskins said:

You can ask anyone in here who was around...I was not a Kirk fan at all. But he's in a completely different solar system than Heinicke. Saying you'd take Heinicke over Kirk is sort of like saying 2+2 = 3.9. You might try to get into semantics and say it's close, but at the end of the day it's still wrong. There's no comparison between the two of them.

And this has nothing to do with personality. You think Kirk is a dick, that's fine. I think he seems like a bit of a jackass sometimes too, but I'm purely talking about football here.

Edited by mistertim

14 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Extremely, extremely on brand given your avatar which trolls every single one of us and is somehow fine.

Sounds like you have a problem that you're posting about in the wrong thread. 🙂

Dude, you're one more **** up away from a permanent benching. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You can ask anyone in here who was around...I was not a Kirk fan at all. But he's in a completely different solar system than Heinicke. Saying you'd take Heinicke over Kirk is sort of like saying 2+2 = 3.9. You might try to get into semantics and say it's close, but at the end of the day it's still wrong. There's no comparison between the two of them.

And this has nothing to do with personality. You think Kirk is a dick, that's fine. I think he seems like a bit of a jackass sometimes too, but I'm purely talking about football here.

Thats fine, I literally said kirk is more talented and if you're picking someone to win a game then you take cousins for that reason, but if you're asking who I would rather have as QB for a season, id take TH because I find Kirk really hard to root for and neither of them are talented enough to win ****, so you may as well take the cheaper guy who at least is entertaining to watch.

4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Thanks man.  What’s the appropriate venue?  I’m honestly asking.

Check out the Forum Rules and Guidelines:

If you have a disagreement with an action regarding your account, you may PM a moderator . Please be patient waiting for a reply. Members should use the Feedback Forum for any general comments you may have regarding board management on any matter. Do not engage in "hijacking" a thread by commenting on such matters in off-topic fashion within a thread.