Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

23 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

chris rock wtf GIF

EDIT: Now I get how they reached that figure:

image.png.0dcdac01869bd89dcec1b478cb08756b.png

Take out Tannehill and the average salary for "comparable" QBs drops down to $5.5M a year. Still too pricey unless a team is hellbent on making Heinicke their starter, which I don't see anyone doing. Only way he gets considered for #20M/yr is if he takes the team to the Super Bowl and turns into a TD-making machine in the playoffs--in which case he'd probably get more than $20M a year.

That's so dumb. lol

I mean...the average net worth of me and Bill Gates is probably $50 billion. That doesn't mean I'm actually worth $50 billion.

• Haha 2

Baker out there looking ok with 3 days of prep and we’re rolling out ****ing Taylor Heinicke. Fire Rivera into the sun. 

Side note. Keep Derek Carr far away from this team. He’s so ass 

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Question for everyone (if it hasn't been asked yet): which teams, if any, do you think would take a serious look at Heinicke as a backup this offseason?

Zero. 

• Thumb down 1

5 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No idea what goes into that projection but I’d be astonished if he sees even half that.  I actually find it hard to believe he will get any deal of merit from another team.  His value is here with Scott Turner.

1 hour ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Question for everyone (if it hasn't been asked yet): which teams, if any, do you think would take a serious look at Heinicke as a backup this offseason?

Man, I’m torn on this.  On one hand, you have a body of work which, production-wise, is lacking, and that’s coupled with a seriously limited arm.  His accuracy’s been pretty poor, and that’s in a system he’s comfortable with.  He also hasn’t showcased his legs this year.

On the other, you have a blueprint of how you can win games with him, and that’s without great protection.  He showed last year (and in the playoff game) that he can at times shoulder a heavier load.  He’s got his coolness under pressure, a good work ethic and he’s a good teammate.  And he’s got his moxie/magic of course.

There’s a part of me that feels he’d be better suited to a WCO.  He also has the benefit of having Colt McCoy come before him.  Surely he’s not going to getting anything beyond backup-level money, but I think it’s at least possible he has some suitors.  All things being equal, I assume he’d choose returning to DC - if Turner is back and if he’s offered of course.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Conn said:

Hope the Heinicke crowd took note of what cosmic-level moxie looks like tonight with Baker Mayfield

How much more moxie did he show than Heinicke? I don't see it.

- 98 yard drive vs a 90 yd drive

- Had an INT overturned due to penalty

- Threw a 50-50 ball that the WR did a fantastic job of bringing down

- Had a fantastic TD throw vs having a fantastic 4th down throw

How is that at a "cosmic-level moxie" compared to what Heinicke did against the Giants?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Conn said:

Hope the Heinicke crowd took note of what cosmic-level moxie looks like tonight with Baker Mayfield

Baker also had an INT that was called back. and there were couple of other almost INT throws as well. Also the pass where it was a tad bit short and the WR had to jump up and over the defender and come down with it and then had to wrestled the ball away from the DB as the DB also had his hands on it too? So, when Taylor threw a similar pass (Terry wrestled away) he sucks but if Baker does it it is WOW cosmic-level 🙄

Baker was drafted in the 1st round. Taylor wasn't.

Btw, Taylor with that 4th and something was way more cosmic. :)

Edited by zCommander
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I think its the less than 2 days with team thing mostly.

He was not good, but that is infinitely more than should be expected for such an unreasonable timeframe. Heck of a story. He was not even the guy tabbed to play which makes it even more crazy.

The one thing that does not get questioned about Baker is that dog in him. This is gonna multiply that narrative.

This game kinda went great for us. Pushes Carr closer to availability and Baker will help fill the FA marketplace as well.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I think its the less than 2 days with team thing mostly.

He was not good, but that is infinitely more than should be expected for such an unreasonable timeframe. Heck of a story. He was not even the guy tabbed to play which makes it even more crazy.

The one thing that does not get questioned about Baker is that dog in him. This is gonna multiply that narrative.

I can see that...I think with TH the moxie factor in the beginning anyway was mostly the "sleeping on his sister's couch and studying for exams" thing. It wasn't a 2 day notice, of course (I think he played against the Panthers a week after joining the team) but then again Mayfield had a gargantuan amount of actual NFL starting experience compared to TH's one start and out of the league, so maybe that evens things out a bit lol...

At any rate, I personally didn't see "real moxie" tonight as compared to what we all jokingly call "moxie" when it comes to TH. As cliche' as it sounds, both these guys have shown they are (or at least can be) gamers and make plays when needed. Mayfield's game tonight kinda mirrored Heinicke's game against the Colts.

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So we’re at a place where we are downplaying the accomplishment of a quarterback going to a new team and system on Tuesday and with one practice under their belt put up similar numbers to our current starter on a Thursday?

FE7F1E79-3989-43F6-AD34-0BA997928C31.gif

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 1

I know I'm off by myself on this but I'd focus resources on O-line and LBs and craft a gameplan to start Howell next year. He's Heinicke+, they share a lot of the same attributes and in a pinch Heiny backs him up without throwing everything out. Going all in on a deal to move up for a (supposed) franchise QB on an incomplete team just buys us another ticket on the merry-go-round of middling results. 

You would have seen different results this season if Turner prioritized the players strengths over his clever game planning. I'd rather bend the calls to the players than bend the players to the calls.

Now back to your regularly scheduled conversation 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

You would have seen different results this season if Turner prioritized the players strengths over his clever game planning. I'd rather bend the calls to the players than bend the players to the calls.

I’m curious what you believe he should have done differently.  I can’t quite think of a coach that’s been more willing to adjust what he wants to do to what he needs to do, than Scott Turner.

If you are referring to early season with Wentz where he was hell bent on dropping him back to throw, with a busted interior OL and an immobile QB….I can dig it.  I likened that to Turner finally getting a Ferrari after years of driving a Prius, and he was going to drive that Ferrari 150mph everywhere no matter what.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I know I'm off by myself on this but I'd focus resources on O-line and LBs and craft a gameplan to start Howell next year. He's Heinicke+, they share a lot of the same attributes and in a pinch Heiny backs him up without throwing everything out. Going all in on a deal to move up for a (supposed) franchise QB on an incomplete team just buys us another ticket on the merry-go-round of middling results. 

Now back to your regularly scheduled conversation 

If the staff looks at this team as a legitimate contender then there is 0 chance they go with Sam freaking Howell at QB. This isn't the Chiefs replacing Alex Smith with Patrick Mahomes or even the 49ers replacing Jimmy G with Trey Lance. 

We need either a proven quality veteran or a legitimate young thoroughbred talent.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

9 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

- 98 yard drive vs a 90 yd drive

- Had an INT overturned due to penalty

- Threw a 50-50 ball that the WR did a fantastic job of bringing down

- Had a fantastic TD throw vs having a fantastic 4th down throw

How is that at a "cosmic-level moxie" compared to what Heinicke did against the Giants?

I was obviously just making a joke by relating the amazing thing we just witnessed last night to Heinicke, and Mayfield is a former 1st overall pick with an NFL arm so it’s not exactly a fair comparison. Funny to see which posters took it as good natured fun and which ones got their hackles raised over it though. 

But um yeah Mayfield doing something that’s almost never been done in the history of the NFL in the 4th quarter after two days on the Rams roster, then head-butting his own teammate into oblivion in victorious ferver, is higher on the fictitious moxie scale if we were to create such a thing. Cosmic, even. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1